Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

DDO Election: KINGDEBATER/LANNAN13 2013

KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:11:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is a more updated version of the previous thread.

My polices:
My polices:
I. Team Debates, with the ability to have 3-on-1 matches or 2-on-1 matches and such.
II. The ability to change usernames
III. Have 20 experienced judges voting on all debates.
IV. The ability to make any section of your profile private, such as when you last updated.
V. The ability to delete debates after they've started, if the decision is mutual between you and your opponent. This would be taken off things such as your win ratio.
VI. Pictures in forums.
VII. Longer signatures.
VIII. The ability to customize profiles more.
IX. Change the number of required debates to vote from 3 to 5.
X. The ability to bring back a debate from post voting period to voting period, if the decision is mutual between you and your opponent.
XI. To put on the front page all who have a birthday today.
XII. To delete users who haven't been active in a certain number of years.
XIII. To delete the 'funny' forum.
XIV. To have a 'Hall of lame' to accompany the hall of fame.
XV. To have a bigger number of rounds on a debate.
XVI. To be able to use pictures copy and pasted from anywhere, not just DDO.
XVII. To be able to have endless voting periods on debates again.
XVIII. To be able to have debates without a voting period.
XIX. To be able to start a debate between two people that aren't you.
XX. To have all presidents enjoy a five year reign in being president on DDO.
XXI. To introduce titles such as the 'DDO Championship'. When the champion losers a debate, the title is handed over to the winner of the debate.
XXII. To decorate the DDO page at events like halloween.
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:23:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 10:11:18 AM, KingDebater wrote:

My polices:
III. Have 20 experienced judges voting on all debates.
XIV. To have a 'Hall of lame' to accompany the hall of fame.
XV. To have a bigger number of rounds on a debate.
XVIII. To be able to have debates without a voting period.
XIX. To be able to start a debate between two people that aren't you.
XX. To have all presidents enjoy a five year reign in being president on DDO.

You must be out of your damn mind.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:30:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 10:23:39 AM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:11:18 AM, KingDebater wrote:

My polices:
III. Have 20 experienced judges voting on all debates.
That would be very good, I reckon.
XIV. To have a 'Hall of lame' to accompany the hall of fame.
Ooh that would be nice.
XV. To have a bigger number of rounds on a debate.
Yes yes yes, I always wanted to have a nice long debate.
XVIII. To be able to have debates without a voting period.
Perhaps I don't want outsiders judging me.
XIX. To be able to start a debate between two people that aren't you.
I don't see what's bad about that.
XX. To have all presidents enjoy a five year reign in being president on DDO.
I just don't want to risk it.

You must be out of your damn mind.
Nope. :p
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:39:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 10:30:12 AM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:23:39 AM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:11:18 AM, KingDebater wrote:

My polices:
III. Have 20 experienced judges voting on all debates.

That would be very good, I reckon.

Forcing experienced people to vote on all debates would be the quickest way to force experienced people to leave the site

XIV. To have a 'Hall of lame' to accompany the hall of fame.

Ooh that would be nice.

Because what could possibly go wrong with people voting on who the worst people on DDO Are? (Thats called sarcasm in case you didnt pick up on that) Its organizing mobbing of members which isnt a good thing

XV. To have a bigger number of rounds on a debate.

Yes yes yes, I always wanted to have a nice long debate.

If you cant win a debate in 5 rounds with 8000 characters then you clearly dont know enough about the topic to argue it

XVIII. To be able to have debates without a voting period.

Perhaps I don't want outsiders judging me.

If you dont want people judging you then get off the internet idiot.

XIX. To be able to start a debate between two people that aren't you.

I don't see what's bad about that.

You dont see how it could be bad to have people spam the sh*t out of other people with debates that arent even between them?

XX. To have all presidents enjoy a five year reign in being president on DDO.

I just don't want to risk it.

Risk what exactly? How in the f*ck can you justify extending presidential terms from 6 months to 5 YEARS when people on DDO agree that a single term shouldnt even be longer then 1 year?

You must be out of your damn mind.

Nope. :p

Well if you dont think youre crazy then you must be completely retarded
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it, and you cant keep playing the 'oh we werent taking this seriously' card every time you jump on a campaign doomed to fail Lannan....

Quit whoring yourself out to everyone by begging to be their VP and act like you actually have a reputation to uphold around here
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 12:08:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it,
Would you care to back that up?
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 12:54:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 12:08:32 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it,

Would you care to back that up?

You deny sending a mass PM to everyone?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 1:04:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it, and you cant keep playing the 'oh we werent taking this seriously' card every time you jump on a campaign doomed to fail Lannan....

Quit whoring yourself out to everyone by begging to be their VP and act like you actually have a reputation to uphold around here

I'm not begging. I asked you. Bossy asked me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 1:10:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 12:54:36 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:08:32 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it,

Would you care to back that up?

You deny sending a mass PM to everyone?
I was referring to your logic in saying that because I did those things, I am taking it seriously.
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 1:18:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 1:04:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it, and you cant keep playing the 'oh we werent taking this seriously' card every time you jump on a campaign doomed to fail Lannan....

Quit whoring yourself out to everyone by begging to be their VP and act like you actually have a reputation to uphold around here

I'm not begging. I asked you. Bossy asked me.

You also asked Oryus when she declared her candidacy and god knows how many other people you went after too.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 1:19:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 1:10:44 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:54:36 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:08:32 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it,

Would you care to back that up?

You deny sending a mass PM to everyone?
I was referring to your logic in saying that because I did those things, I am taking it seriously.

so your not taking this seriously?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
KingDebater
Posts: 687
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 1:23:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 1:19:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 1:10:44 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:54:36 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:08:32 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it,

Would you care to back that up?

You deny sending a mass PM to everyone?
I was referring to your logic in saying that because I did those things, I am taking it seriously.

so your not taking this seriously?
If I was serious, my third policy probably wouldn't be there.
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 3:30:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 1:18:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 1:04:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it, and you cant keep playing the 'oh we werent taking this seriously' card every time you jump on a campaign doomed to fail Lannan....

Quit whoring yourself out to everyone by begging to be their VP and act like you actually have a reputation to uphold around here

I'm not begging. I asked you. Bossy asked me.

You also asked Oryus when she declared her candidacy and god knows how many other people you went after too.

I asked who her running mate was, I didn't ask that if I could be her VP.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 3:31:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 1:23:22 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 1:19:21 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 1:10:44 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:54:36 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:08:32 PM, KingDebater wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it,

Would you care to back that up?

You deny sending a mass PM to everyone?
I was referring to your logic in saying that because I did those things, I am taking it seriously.

so your not taking this seriously?
If I was serious, my third policy probably wouldn't be there.

^this is what I was talkin' bout Ima.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 3:47:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 3:30:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 1:18:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 1:04:13 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 12:05:32 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:46:52 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/6/2013 10:17:58 AM, imabench wrote:
Lannan do you have any dignity for yourself at all anymore?

Do you realize this is just another Bossyburrito thing? You also realize if we are elected (which we won't be) Juggle won't allow it.

If Kingdebator wasnt taking this seriously then he wouldnt be spamming everybody he knows to vote for him or making multiple threads about it, and you cant keep playing the 'oh we werent taking this seriously' card every time you jump on a campaign doomed to fail Lannan....

Quit whoring yourself out to everyone by begging to be their VP and act like you actually have a reputation to uphold around here

I'm not begging. I asked you. Bossy asked me.

You also asked Oryus when she declared her candidacy and god knows how many other people you went after too.

I asked who her running mate was, I didn't ask that if I could be her VP.

http://www.debate.org...

You literally asked her to be her running mate

And then on the very next page you ask Daytona to be his running mate too!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 3:49:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is the same problem that comes up every election. Like four or five groups (Candidate, VP candidate, a few supporters) come out with a platform but have no clue how to actually make it a reality, save for sweetly asking Juggle. An actual plan of action is necessary to a degree but more so a candidate needs to be someone who can show that they (a) are capable of creating a sustainable relationship with Juggle and (b) can bring worthwhile changes to the site that don't depend entirely on coding/interface reworking. Those types of changes (a few of them at least) seem to always be in some stage of development. It's not the President's job to forward "cool" ideas to Juggle. (S)he should be able to organize members around things WE can do (improving voting, etc.), mediate inter-user disputes calmly and rationally (trial system reworking [if needed], private mediation, use of mod powers if absolutely necessary), and work to make the site more user friendly and attractive to current/future members. Just saying "I want Juggle to rework X interface" isn't a platform. It's a wishlist.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Just-Your-Average-Atheist
Posts: 94
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 6:03:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2013 3:49:03 PM, Noumena wrote:
This is the same problem that comes up every election. Like four or five groups (Candidate, VP candidate, a few supporters) come out with a platform but have no clue how to actually make it a reality, save for sweetly asking Juggle. An actual plan of action is necessary to a degree but more so a candidate needs to be someone who can show that they (a) are capable of creating a sustainable relationship with Juggle and (b) can bring worthwhile changes to the site that don't depend entirely on coding/interface reworking. Those types of changes (a few of them at least) seem to always be in some stage of development. It's not the President's job to forward "cool" ideas to Juggle. (S)he should be able to organize members around things WE can do (improving voting, etc.), mediate inter-user disputes calmly and rationally (trial system reworking [if needed], private mediation, use of mod powers if absolutely necessary), and work to make the site more user friendly and attractive to current/future members. Just saying "I want Juggle to rework X interface" isn't a platform. It's a wishlist.

If I were running for prez, it would go like this;

Policy1 there are no policies
Policy 2 Ignore policy1 he's insane
Policy 3 Hi my name is steve
Policy 4 Shuddup Steve.
Policy 5 lol policies 1-4 r n00bs
Policy 6 No u r.
And so on.
Hugs and horns,
J.Y.A.A.