Airmax for DDO President

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 7:21:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey DDO,

I'd like to announce that I will be seeking reelection in June.

A lot of members have contacted me directly lately asking me if I planned on running again and having given it much thought and considered everything I have decided to run again.

I'll provide a little more detail in the near future for what my goals will be in a 3rd term, but for now I wanted to let everyone who has asked, or is curious, know my intentions. I still intend on working on some things over the next month leading up to the election so I wont be distracting myself too much with campaigning. Members should still feel free to ask anything they like here, and as usual are always free to contact me directly about anything.

On another note, I would like to extend my gratitude to Freedo. Freedo has been an irreplaceable source for advice, and his work during the past 5 months has been greatly appreciated. He has been dependable, an invaluable member of the administration and everything one could ask for in a VP.

The challenges we faced together were not always simple or easy, but with his help and perspective I always felt a little better with how we approached them. For someone with the passion to help, and the desire to see the site succeed as Freedo has, it is understandable that after 6 months of constant responsibilities and sometimes stressful experiences one would want to take break from it. This is entirely understandable, and I'm just thankful I had Freedo helping me in such an active role as he did for as long as he has.

A vice president who takes it upon them self to work diligently and dependably as a matter of personal responsibility is something invaluable and commendable. While many may see the role as superfluous, Freedo is a valued and irreplaceable member of the administration and his activity made my job easier and the VP position mean something.

Thank you for everything Freedo, while I hope you will still be involved in some way in the future, your regular presence, personable approach, unique perspective and constant assistance will be missed.

I'll be seeking a member to run with in this next election and will make a further announcement when that is concluded. For now, I just wanted to let members know that I will be running again. As always, if you would like to help the site in any way, need anything at all, just want to bug me because you are bored, or simply chat about various types of cheese, always feel free to contact me.

Thank you.
Debate.org Moderator
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 7:25:26 PM
I'll just head things off at the pass, especially given the confusion over what the president does or is needed for and ask:

What were your accomplishments this past year?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 7:26:56 PM
and with that, the presidential campaign concludes
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 7:27:22 PM
At 5/8/2013 7:25:26 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'll just head things off at the pass, especially given the confusion over what the president does or is needed for and ask:

This, and I am really not sure about what the president has the power to change/improve/do.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 7:51:18 PM
At 5/8/2013 7:25:26 PM, drafterman wrote:

Honestly, I really hate to answer this question because it takes me out of my "humble comfort zone", and also nothing I have achieved I have achieved on my own. But I did play a role, and I think I have done my best to facilitate the improvement of the site.

The following are just some of the things that I have had a role in seeing come to frutition:

US President/Parties update.
Official DDO tournaments. (I'd like to point out that the next series of tournaments are actually planned to go up soon.. so be sure to clear your schedules)
ELO
DDO "Opinions" section.
Added moderator ability to remove voting privileges temporarily from problem members, rather than having to ban them outright or repeatedly counter vote them.
Regular conflict resolution.
Improved site security.
DDO '2.0' update.
History and Funny forum. (Inb4 Meh)

Those are just some of the things that come to mind immediately. The past 6 months have seen fewer significant updates because large updates can't happen constantly and a lot of it has been behind the scenes things Juggle and I have been working on.

Currently I'm working with Juggle on a comprehensive plan for "voter encouragement". This is a very large project and requires a lot of details and coding and site updates to be sure all elements will work well in achieving its goals without creating other problems. As we get closer to a final version of how this may come together I'll share the ideas with members for their approval. As always members are welcome to share all of their ideas as well.

A lot of my time has been spent simply contacting new members and welcoming them to the site. A lot of it is spent contacting members who show a tendency to place bad votes and explaining to them how to vote properly. While there is no way for me to quantify this as any sort of achievement, I am proud of the amount of time I spend directly talking with new and veteran members, and to do what I can to make their experience on the site better.

Conflict resolution and moderating the site is also something I spend a lot of time on, and it's something that if people haven't noticed, I'd consider it a success.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 7:52:51 PM
At 5/8/2013 7:42:56 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
Swiss or American, Airmax?

Swiss... I'm not really sure American cheese is really cheese at all.. Just kidding... but Swiss for sure, its holy stuff
Debate.org Moderator
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:14:25 PM
Good game, Airmax. I officially bow out.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:18:35 PM
So you're here to rule forever like Putin? Like it...
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:25:21 PM
At 5/8/2013 7:21:59 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Hey DDO,

A lot of members have contacted me directly lately asking me if I planned on running again and having given it much thought and considered everything I have decided to run again.

I'll provide a little more detail in the near future for what my goals will be in a 3rd term, but for now I wanted to let everyone who has asked, or is curious, know my intentions. I still intend on working on some things over the next month leading up to the election so I wont be distracting myself too much with campaigning. Members should still feel free to ask anything they like here, and as usual are always free to contact me directly about anything.

On another note, I would like to extend my gratitude to Freedo. Freedo has been an irreplaceable source for advice, and his work during the past 5 months has been greatly appreciated. He has been dependable, an invaluable member of the administration and everything one could ask for in a VP.

The challenges we faced together were not always simple or easy, but with his help and perspective I always felt a little better with how we approached them. For someone with the passion to help, and the desire to see the site succeed as Freedo has, it is understandable that after 6 months of constant responsibilities and sometimes stressful experiences one would want to take break from it. This is entirely understandable, and I'm just thankful I had Freedo helping me in such an active role as he did for as long as he has.

A vice president who takes it upon them self to work diligently and dependably as a matter of personal responsibility is something invaluable and commendable. While many may see the role as superfluous, Freedo is a valued and irreplaceable member of the administration and his activity made my job easier and the VP position mean something.

Thank you for everything Freedo, while I hope you will still be involved in some way in the future, your regular presence, personable approach, unique perspective and constant assistance will be missed.

I'll be seeking a member to run with in this next election and will make a further announcement when that is concluded. For now, I just wanted to let members know that I will be running again. As always, if you would like to help the site in any way, need anything at all, just want to bug me because you are bored, or simply chat about various types of cheese, always feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

Airmax 2013!
Tsar of DDO
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:40:05 PM
At 5/8/2013 8:18:35 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

I don't see anyone sicking any KGB after eligible candidates. That's different enough for me.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 8:51:27 PM
At 5/8/2013 8:40:05 PM, Wnope wrote:

I don't see anyone sicking any KGB after eligible candidates. That's different enough for me.

To the best of my knowledge, no photos of Airmax riding a horse while shirtless exist either.

http://asiansecurityblog.files.wordpress.com...
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 9:03:45 PM

Alright place your bets everybody! Place your bets on who will end up becoming the VP, here are the current odds for each person:

Oryus 2:1
Freedo changing his mind and going for VP again: 1:3
Ore_Ele: 1:5
F-16: 1:5
Wnope: 1:7
Blackvoid: 1:9
Thett3: 1:9
Mirza 1:9
Jharry: 1:15
Drafterman: 1:15
Tulle: 1:30
Ragnar: 1:30
YYW: 1:50
Roy: 1:50
Noumena: 1:50
CiRrK: 1:50
TUF 1:50
Ryuu: 1:50
CP: 1:50
WSA: 1:50
Wiploc: 1:50
Chicken: 1:50
Magic8000: 1:50

I put $40 on Oryus, $10 on Freedo, and $10 on Ore_Ele
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 9:04:05 PM
At 5/8/2013 8:51:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/8/2013 8:40:05 PM, Wnope wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, no photos of Airmax riding a horse while shirtless exist either.

http://asiansecurityblog.files.wordpress.com...

Dog tags showing, no less.
KingDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 11:08:10 AM
Hey DDO,

Thank you.
Prepare to lose to the King Debater.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 3:33:17 PM
I have an idea. In the military people get special awards and ribbons, so I'm thinking that we should do the same for DDO like have an award for X amount of Posts, or X amount of debates, X amount of wins, etc...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 3:48:51 PM
At 5/9/2013 3:38:24 PM, innomen wrote:
Without reservation I endorse Airmax for another term.

I haven't seen you in a while, how you've been.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 3:50:48 PM
At 5/9/2013 3:48:51 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 5/9/2013 3:38:24 PM, innomen wrote:
Without reservation I endorse Airmax for another term.

I haven't seen you in a while, how you've been.

Quite busy actually; thanks for asking. I still pop in and answer my PM's but there has been so very little on the forums to compell me to participate. :-(
Beta
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:30:44 PM
I have a couple of questions:
- How does the election work?
- Is there a place/thread where all candidates can post their campaign issus/reasons to vote for them?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 4:32:39 PM
At 5/9/2013 4:30:44 PM, Beta wrote:
People announce if they are going to run and then an election thread is created.
- Is there a place/thread where all candidates can post their campaign issus/reasons to vote for them?
yes.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 5:03:58 PM
At 5/9/2013 4:30:44 PM, Beta wrote:

About twice a year (once every 6 months) DDO hosts a presidential election where the main candidates can run to be president.

A single thread is to be made where the election will be hosted for a week (so that everybody can have a chance to log on and vote), the only voter restrictions is that you need to have completed a certain number of debates and/or have enough forum posts to be able to vote.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 7:17:04 PM
Now this is the story all about why

DDO, all, should vote for this guy

I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there

I'll tell you the story of how he was as prez, that Max of Air

In the second term, did I come in

But right away, I could feel within

There's a bit more to this than you've been told

He's the man for the job, I saw it unfold

Hackers, attackers, patrollin' the trolls

Do this that, do that, no time to unroll

No agenda, no dream, besides honor and peace

But I tell ya, the madness just doesn't cease

Negotiation, organization, it's continuous change

Read the clues, make the calls, no room for short-change

He's calm, he's collected, he's got this down-pat

This isn't ain't no political game, it's combat

All these campaigners with their plans and theirs banners

They think it's a party

sure

...a party of donners.

But it doesn't all blow

It shapes you, it trains you, it helps you grow

That's what he has that they never can

The ins, the outs, with more balance than cspan

The words to say go on and on but every song needs an end

Vote Airmax 2013, my friend.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 8:01:54 PM
Larz is running as well? When did this happen?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 10:14:51 PM
At 5/8/2013 9:03:45 PM, imabench wrote:

Alright place your bets everybody! Place your bets on who will end up becoming the VP, here are the current odds for each person:

YYW: 1:50
Roy: 1:50
Noumena: 1:50
CiRrK: 1:50
TUF 1:50
Ryuu: 1:50
CP: 1:50
WSA: 1:50
Wiploc: 1:50
Chicken: 1:50
Magic8000: 1:50

Yay! I have a small chance!
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 1:35:26 AM
At 5/9/2013 10:14:51 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 5/8/2013 9:03:45 PM, imabench wrote: