Total Posts:128|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What excuse does she have?

Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 2:18:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Take your bets on what it will be: http://www.debate.org...

I suspect she'll claim to be taking classes or be burdened with homework.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 2:43:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 2:18:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Take your bets on what it will be: http://www.debate.org...

I suspect she'll claim to be taking classes or be burdened with homework.

It would be:

"No, I don't deal with silly little boys that chase me around this website!"
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 7:35:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 2:18:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Take your bets on what it will be: http://www.debate.org...

I suspect she'll claim to be taking classes or be burdened with homework.

Her excuse could be "I don't feel like debating that". What difference does it make?
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 7:38:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"I trust that she is willing to debate this as she seemed quite confident this was well established fact."

I'm quite confident evolution is a well-established fact, but I wouldn't feel like debating. Actually, in general, the more well-established a fact is, the less willing I am to debate it (it's usually no fun debating black-and-white things where someone must be wrong or right). Although that .999~=1 debate almost inspired me to make my own... lol
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 10:08:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 2:43:44 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 5/11/2013 2:18:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Take your bets on what it will be: http://www.debate.org...

I suspect she'll claim to be taking classes or be burdened with homework.

It would be:

"No, I don't deal with silly little boys that chase me around this website!"

I haven't talked to her in ages. She can't whine about it.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 10:09:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 7:38:42 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
"I trust that she is willing to debate this as she seemed quite confident this was well established fact."

I'm quite confident evolution is a well-established fact, but I wouldn't feel like debating. Actually, in general, the more well-established a fact is, the less willing I am to debate it (it's usually no fun debating black-and-white things where someone must be wrong or right). Although that .999~=1 debate almost inspired me to make my own... lol

No, misses the point. It's a very simple burden of proof, and a short debate. If she doesn't accept, then I'll hold it over her the next time she makes unsubstantiated claims about the Palestinians being Canaanites on the forums.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 10:10:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 2:18:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Take your bets on what it will be: http://www.debate.org...

I suspect she'll claim to be taking classes or be burdened with homework.

Does it matter?
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 10:16:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 10:10:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/11/2013 2:18:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Take your bets on what it will be: http://www.debate.org...

I suspect she'll claim to be taking classes or be burdened with homework.

Does it matter?

It's interesting to see how predictable these things are. Who knows, she might be more original than that!
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 10:35:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 10:09:44 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 7:38:42 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
"I trust that she is willing to debate this as she seemed quite confident this was well established fact."

I'm quite confident evolution is a well-established fact, but I wouldn't feel like debating. Actually, in general, the more well-established a fact is, the less willing I am to debate it (it's usually no fun debating black-and-white things where someone must be wrong or right). Although that .999~=1 debate almost inspired me to make my own... lol

No, misses the point. It's a very simple burden of proof, and a short debate. If she doesn't accept, then I'll hold it over her the next time she makes unsubstantiated claims about the Palestinians being Canaanites on the forums.

It doesn't matter how short of a debate it is or how easy it might be for her to win; she has no obligation to debate you, and if she doesn't want to, it'd be childish to "hold it over her".
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 10:42:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 10:35:51 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 5/11/2013 10:09:44 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 7:38:42 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
"I trust that she is willing to debate this as she seemed quite confident this was well established fact."

I'm quite confident evolution is a well-established fact, but I wouldn't feel like debating. Actually, in general, the more well-established a fact is, the less willing I am to debate it (it's usually no fun debating black-and-white things where someone must be wrong or right). Although that .999~=1 debate almost inspired me to make my own... lol

No, misses the point. It's a very simple burden of proof, and a short debate. If she doesn't accept, then I'll hold it over her the next time she makes unsubstantiated claims about the Palestinians being Canaanites on the forums.

It doesn't matter how short of a debate it is or how easy it might be for her to win; she has no obligation to debate you, and if she doesn't want to, it'd be childish to "hold it over her".

No, she has (in my view) a moral and social obligation, but not a legal one. Of course she doesn't have to. I don't understand why she can prance spouting insane lies, yet I can't simply respond by reminding her of her continual refusal to debate? Why is that consistently applied only to me? When Danielle ranted at me in the forums, calling me a coward for refusing to debate homosexual parenting again, I didn't see anyone stepping in.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 10:51:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 10:10:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/11/2013 2:18:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Take your bets on what it will be: http://www.debate.org...

I suspect she'll claim to be taking classes or be burdened with homework.

Does it matter?

It really doesn't and I wish Eitan wouldn't post these types of threads. But what makes this site a lot better than other forums and blog sites is that when bold assertions are made, members can challenge each other to formal debates on those assertions. In this case, Royal is making a fascinating claim, and to see it hashed out in a formal debate would be extremely interesting and educational. While she is under no obligation to accept, repeatedly making bold assertions on this site about particular topics and then refusing to debate them, doesn't lend itself to maintaining credibility as a debate.org member.

But mostly, with due respect for my friends Royal and Eitan, I'd just really like to see this debate happen because it's a fascinating topic and they are both clearly very dedicated to their positions on it. I hope Royal would be willing to accept it, because quality debates are always needed on this site and I think this would be a good one.
Debate.org Moderator
DakotaKrafick
Posts: 1,517
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:00:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 10:42:50 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 10:35:51 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 5/11/2013 10:09:44 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 7:38:42 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
"I trust that she is willing to debate this as she seemed quite confident this was well established fact."

I'm quite confident evolution is a well-established fact, but I wouldn't feel like debating. Actually, in general, the more well-established a fact is, the less willing I am to debate it (it's usually no fun debating black-and-white things where someone must be wrong or right). Although that .999~=1 debate almost inspired me to make my own... lol

No, misses the point. It's a very simple burden of proof, and a short debate. If she doesn't accept, then I'll hold it over her the next time she makes unsubstantiated claims about the Palestinians being Canaanites on the forums.

It doesn't matter how short of a debate it is or how easy it might be for her to win; she has no obligation to debate you, and if she doesn't want to, it'd be childish to "hold it over her".

No, she has (in my view) a moral and social obligation,

Then your view is wrong.

but not a legal one. Of course she doesn't have to. I don't understand why she can prance spouting insane lies, yet I can't simply respond by reminding her of her continual refusal to debate?

Reminding someone that she refuses to debate you is fine, if not entirely pointless. Though PMs work just as well for that purpose, but that's not your only purpose here; you are outing her, urging other members to take your side and insult her.

Why is that consistently applied only to me? When Danielle ranted at me in the forums, calling me a coward for refusing to debate homosexual parenting again, I didn't see anyone stepping in.

I have no idea to which thread you refer.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:01:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 10:10:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/11/2013 2:18:25 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Take your bets on what it will be: http://www.debate.org...

I suspect she'll claim to be taking classes or be burdened with homework.

Does it matter?

Evidently matters to him.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:13:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 10:42:50 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 10:35:51 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 5/11/2013 10:09:44 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 7:38:42 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
"I trust that she is willing to debate this as she seemed quite confident this was well established fact."

I'm quite confident evolution is a well-established fact, but I wouldn't feel like debating. Actually, in general, the more well-established a fact is, the less willing I am to debate it (it's usually no fun debating black-and-white things where someone must be wrong or right). Although that .999~=1 debate almost inspired me to make my own... lol

No, misses the point. It's a very simple burden of proof, and a short debate. If she doesn't accept, then I'll hold it over her the next time she makes unsubstantiated claims about the Palestinians being Canaanites on the forums.

It doesn't matter how short of a debate it is or how easy it might be for her to win; she has no obligation to debate you, and if she doesn't want to, it'd be childish to "hold it over her".

No, she has (in my view) a moral and social obligation, but not a legal one. Of course she doesn't have to. I don't understand why she can prance spouting insane lies, yet I can't simply respond by reminding her of her continual refusal to debate? Why is that consistently applied only to me? When Danielle ranted at me in the forums, calling me a coward for refusing to debate homosexual parenting again, I didn't see anyone stepping in.

As frustrating as it might be, you should really just let these things go. Argue in the forums with members who make statement you disagree with, and challenge them to debates, but calling out members like this isn't necessary and rarely has any positive effect.

In the forums, state your willingness to debate the topic, as you and other members are inclined to do, but "call out" threads like this aren't particularly productive. A member is or isn't going to debate a topic, and these rarely encourage them to do so.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:15:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:09:32 PM, Mirza wrote:
She misspelled. She doesn't mean the Palestinians aren't Arabs, but they aren't Abs. And I probably agree that there is a difference: http://images.google.com... and http://www.leanitup.com...

lol

well that clears that up...

I'm inclined to agree with Mirza and Royal on this topic then... Arg points to con... RFD in comments.
Debate.org Moderator
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:28:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:19:50 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm in the middle of final exams. I can debate you towards the end of the week.

What day?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:31:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:19:50 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm in the middle of final exams. I can debate you towards the end of the week.

=o

Dis gun b gud!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:39:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why did you have to publicly post a derogatory thread instead of challenging her via pm? I'm glad she accepted, so no harm done there; but the intention of the thread was to insult her in the case that she declined, which you fully expected.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:39:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:28:04 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:19:50 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm in the middle of final exams. I can debate you towards the end of the week.

What day?

Contact her by PM in the middle of the week so you two can work it out... don't badger her in the forums until she's too annoyed to even consider doing it
Debate.org Moderator
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:41:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:39:34 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:28:04 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:19:50 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm in the middle of final exams. I can debate you towards the end of the week.

What day?

Contact her by PM in the middle of the week so you two can work it out... don't badger her in the forums until she's too annoyed to even consider doing it

I posit that people online should not have gender until they can prove it.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:42:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:39:30 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Why did you have to publicly post a derogatory thread instead of challenging her via pm? I'm glad she accepted, so no harm done there; but the intention of the thread was to insult her in the case that she declined, which you fully expected.

To be a little fair, he has tried to get her to back up her beliefs on this subject several times, all with declines. So, a PM would not likely have done it.

But, I do agreed he needs to stop being such a d!ck about these things....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:44:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:42:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:39:30 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Why did you have to publicly post a derogatory thread instead of challenging her via pm? I'm glad she accepted, so no harm done there; but the intention of the thread was to insult her in the case that she declined, which you fully expected.

To be a little fair, he has tried to get her to back up her beliefs on this subject several times, all with declines. So, a PM would not likely have done it.

And if she did not want to debate him? What right does he have to harass her into debating him? If a PM would have been ineffective, then so be it. I have no problem with public challenges, but the wording of the OP implies that he was going to decline and intended to preemptively insult her for doing so.

But, I do agreed he needs to stop being such a d!ck about these things....
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:46:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:44:05 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:42:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:39:30 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Why did you have to publicly post a derogatory thread instead of challenging her via pm? I'm glad she accepted, so no harm done there; but the intention of the thread was to insult her in the case that she declined, which you fully expected.

To be a little fair, he has tried to get her to back up her beliefs on this subject several times, all with declines. So, a PM would not likely have done it.

And if she did not want to debate him? What right does he have to harass her into debating him? If a PM would have been ineffective, then so be it. I have no problem with public challenges, but the wording of the OP implies that he was going to decline and intended to preemptively insult her for doing so.

Eitan isn't know for his diplomatic skills, lets just say that.

I wish Eitan and Royal would just stop talking to each other.....


But, I do agreed he needs to stop being such a d!ck about these things....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:47:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:41:56 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:39:34 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:28:04 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:19:50 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm in the middle of final exams. I can debate you towards the end of the week.

What day?

Contact her by PM in the middle of the week so you two can work it out... don't badger her in the forums until she's too annoyed to even consider doing it

I posit that people online should not have gender until they can prove it.

No one has any reason to prove it as it shouldn't make a difference... I tend to take a members word for it though, but it doesn't really matter at all...

Since I don't want to prove my gender, I'll just say that I happen to be genderless and just chose male because I figured I'd be harassed less.
Debate.org Moderator
Lucky_Luciano
Posts: 4,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:49:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:47:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:41:56 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:39:34 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:28:04 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:19:50 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm in the middle of final exams. I can debate you towards the end of the week.

What day?

Contact her by PM in the middle of the week so you two can work it out... don't badger her in the forums until she's too annoyed to even consider doing it

I posit that people online should not have gender until they can prove it.

No one has any reason to prove it as it shouldn't make a difference... I tend to take a members word for it though, but it doesn't really matter at all...

Since I don't want to prove my gender, I'll just say that I happen to be genderless and just chose male because I figured I'd be harassed less.

I disagree. I think all members should have to prove their gender. Ratings would skyrocket. I would debate you on this.
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:50:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:49:03 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:47:46 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:41:56 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:39:34 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:28:04 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:19:50 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I'm in the middle of final exams. I can debate you towards the end of the week.

What day?

Contact her by PM in the middle of the week so you two can work it out... don't badger her in the forums until she's too annoyed to even consider doing it

I posit that people online should not have gender until they can prove it.

No one has any reason to prove it as it shouldn't make a difference... I tend to take a members word for it though, but it doesn't really matter at all...

Since I don't want to prove my gender, I'll just say that I happen to be genderless and just chose male because I figured I'd be harassed less.

I disagree. I think all members should have to prove their gender. Ratings would skyrocket. I would debate you on this.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2013 11:52:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/11/2013 11:44:05 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:42:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/11/2013 11:39:30 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:
Why did you have to publicly post a derogatory thread instead of challenging her via pm? I'm glad she accepted, so no harm done there; but the intention of the thread was to insult her in the case that she declined, which you fully expected.

To be a little fair, he has tried to get her to back up her beliefs on this subject several times, all with declines. So, a PM would not likely have done it.

And if she did not want to debate him? What right does he have to harass her into debating him? If a PM would have been ineffective, then so be it. I have no problem with public challenges, but the wording of the OP implies that he was going to decline and intended to preemptively insult her for doing so.

She always declines. It's about the lies she spews every time Israel is brought up. This is well-known; CP, CiRK, and others all have challenged her after she ranted at them on the forums and have been declined. She simply wants to stick her nose everywhere and spout offensive drivel while not having to back it up.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."