Jump to topic:

DDO opinions section

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 8:03:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Constantly getting flooded with notifications from other peoples comment on an opinion I made months ago. Getting vexed, most of the time just delete them, just to be introduced to 50 more of them whenever I log back on. Now singly regretting every opinion I've ever made. The notifications act as a deterrent to making opinions. I guess we'll get used to it though. I would rather be notified on responses to comments I actually made, rather than a bunch of random people I don't know about, or care for their opinions.

But I am not juggle.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 1:36:03 PM
I agree. Good thing I only commented on one opinion before I realized that this would happen and refrained from making opinions or commenting on them. I think we should inform juggle of the problem/glitch, and hopefully, they'll see what they can do.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2013 1:49:19 PM
At 5/12/2013 1:36:03 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I agree. Good thing I only commented on one opinion before I realized that this would happen and refrained from making opinions or commenting on them. I think we should inform juggle of the problem/glitch, and hopefully, they'll see what they can do.

Yes, I will email alex about it.
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 4:50:51 PM
At 5/12/2013 1:49:19 PM, TUF wrote:

Hey, guys! :)

We have a release coming out this week, and in that release is a section in your profile settings where you can control the type of notifications you receive.

We have received feedback similar to yours above, and hope that this will help with any usability issues members have been having in regards to account notifications.

Thank you!
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 4:53:57 PM
At 5/14/2013 4:50:51 PM, chrumbelievable wrote:

We have a release coming out this week, and in that release is a section in your profile settings where you can control the type of notifications you receive.

We have received feedback similar to yours above, and hope that this will help with any usability issues members have been having in regards to account notifications.

Thank you!

<333333
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Lucky_Luciano
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 5:11:52 PM

Thank you!

Damnit. Now I won't be able to mass-spam people with my multis in the opinions section...
"Age is not important" - Airmax 2014
"Australia... is that a place?" - Airmax 2014
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 12:47:29 AM
At 5/14/2013 5:11:52 PM, Lucky_Luciano wrote:

Thank you!

Damnit. Now I won't be able to mass-spam people with my multis in the opinions section...

Troll = Thwarted.

d: Suck it Mestari.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 12:21:32 PM

Thank you!

Thankyou :)
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:07:31 PM
At 5/15/2013 1:12:34 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I don't see the point of the opinion section. It doesn't have an advantage over the forums.

It keeps single round arguments organized (why there's single round debates in the debate section, is something I haven't a clue besides ease of coding).

Plus it's got that nifty poll feature.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:12:35 PM
At 5/15/2013 1:12:34 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I don't see the point of the opinion section. It doesn't have an advantage over the forums.

It provides a sh*tload of material for the Weekly Stupid :D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 11:23:56 AM
Hey, all!

Just wanted to provide a quick update...

This week's release is taking more time than expected, so in order to make the Account Notifications the best they can possibly be, we are going to hold off on implementing any changes until the next release.

It is still high on our list of priorities, and we will be making updates in the very near future!

Furthermore, if you have any ideas on the best way for Account Notifications to function, please share them with us here! Are there notifications you currently do not receive that you would like to? What control would you like to have over these notifications?

Thanks!
Alex