Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead Episode 4

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:46:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I stood in horror and looked all around at those who lay dead or dying. Lannan had gone zombie and was killed, Noumena had been human and was killed, 16kadams bled out and then died, Maikuru was sitting in the corner sobbing at all the death plus the fact that he was infected, and Airmax had a look of pain on his face as he held his nephew's dead body in his hands.

For minutes, the only sound that could be heard was Maikuru's sobbing. Then Airmax shot 16k in the head, ensuring that he wouldnt come back as a zombie. He then glanced at me, then at Maikuru, and then back to me. I knew what he was thinking, but I was too mortified at everything that had just happened to do or say anything.

Airmax trudged over to Maikuru, and the two locked eyes. Maikuru started sobbing louder, I turned away and covered my ears expecting to hear the gunshot.

Seconds went by, then minutes. Then I heard something I never thought I would hear.... Singing.

When I looked back, Airmax was singing some kind of lullaby to Maikuru as he cleaned the blood off his face with his own hands. Maikuru started to calm down after a while, stopped sobbing, and Airmax managed to coax him into closing his eyes as he hummed the tune to some song I had never heard before. Then he turned to me with wide eyes, which was all the warning I needed.

I turned around again and covered my ears, I could still hear the faint humming for a few more seconds. Then I heard the bang.

I counted to three and turned around, Airmax had shot Maikuru right in the head, but the look on Maikuru's face was the most peaceful look I had ever seen.... He was almost smiling, like he died when having a really good dream, contrary to the looks of the other dead faces that lied around me. Their faces were frozen in perpetual shock, fear, horror, or some combination of the three.

Airmax stood up, took 5 steps towards me, and then aimed the gun right at my head.

"Whoawhoawhoa what are you doing?" I asked with an abundance of panic in my voice
"Why in the f*ck didnt you tell me that your friend was bit???" He said as he glared at me
"He wasnt Bit!"
"Blood poisoning doesnt kill somebody in a day. It takes weeks for that to happen and this kid was only hurt for a day. That tells me that he was bit, that you lied about him being bit, and that you lied about this being a safe place!"
He cocked his gun
"He wasnt bit but there is a chance that his wound may have been infected with zombie blood" I admitted
Airmax was surprised. "The hell are you talking about? How can he be infected if he wasnt bit?"
I gestured to the rod I hit lannan with. "Thats the thing that opened up his leg, it was covered with zombie blood when it happened so it was possible that he may have been infected"
Airmax looked at me incredulously "You KNEW there was zombie blood in him and you still thought he wouldnt turn???" He was getting pissed real fast
"I didnt think enough had gotten in there to cause him to turn and I hoped he wouldnt turn and that we could help him"

Airmax took 5 steps towards me and held the gun right against my forehead

"Are you a dumba** or something? Look around kid, this is the APOCALYPSE. You cant rely on hope to save your friends anymore, hope is dead. Hope gets you killed, it will get your friends killed, and hope is what got billions of others killed. People hoped the zombies wouldnt find them, they hoped that they could find food, they hoped this all would blow over in a few days, but it didnt!!! You cant rely on hope that your friends or loved ones will turn out ok, because in this world we live in, everything is always going to come out as a worst case scenario. ALWAYS"

I was breathing really fast now. I had to be careful about what I said next otherwise Id be dead like the four others in this room.

"I brought my son here not because I hoped that he would be safe here, but because I had significant evidence to conclude this place was safe for him. Now he and three other people in this place are dead because you deceived me, so give me one reason why I shouldnt kill you right now"

I paused for a second trying to think of something to say.
I couldnt think of anything.
He cocked his gun.

"Ok ok look, im sorry that I wasnt honest with you and I know I f*cked up really bad here but you have to understand this is the last thing I thought would happen or wanted to happen. We came here because we also had reasonable evidence to think we would be safe here too, and to a degree thats still the case. I understand why it is stupid to base decisions purely off of hope, but when someones life is on the line there isnt anything wrong or bad about having hope that you can still save him.... You sang to maikuru over there before killing him because you wanted to make him feel at peace before he died, which means that you wanted to help him too even though he was as good as dead. Thats what I tried to do with Lannan except I didnt want to believe that he was going to die and that he still had a chance of living. I f*cked up I know but I was just trying to do the same thing you did to Maikuru, so please dont shoot me!" I was at the edge of tears

"Theres a difference between trying to help people and denying reality kid. I knew that Maikuru over there was going to die before I shot him, you refused to accept the reality that Lannan was as good as dead too and now youve cost almost everyone else their lives as a result." Airmax stated as he gritted his teeth

"What would you have done then? Thrown him out on the street? Shot him in the head?"
Airmax paused, thinking it over but not being able to decide
"You said that the worst case scenario would always happen. Well this was the case here. I could either throw Lannan out on the street where he would die or keep him here where he would cause a chain reaction causing four people to be killed. No matter what I would have been to blame, but I could never have known just how bad it would be to have kept him alive in here for a bit longer, and you know that."

Airmax was silent, and I was to, still with his gun pressed against my forehead though.
Then he broke the silence
"Give me your guns"
I was puzzled. "Why?"
"Give. Them. Now." He said through gritted teeth again. I handed them to him.
He pulled two identical old western style revolvers and started taking the bullets out of them. Then he pulled out a box of ammo and emptied all the bullets from that. He then pulled out a second box of ammo and removed one bullet from the box, took a bullet from the box he just emptied, then put the two bullets into the empty box. Then he shook them back and forth.

He then walked over, opened the box and said "Pick one"
They looked the same, so I picked one at random. I was confused as hell but then Airmax explained it to me
"One of these bullets is real, the other is a blank. We have to shoot my nephew 16k before he comes back as a zombie. But I cant do it and you probably really dont want to do it either"

I nodded in agreement, he went on.

"We both are going to shoot him at the same time, but one of us will have the real bullet and the other one will be firing a blank. We wont ever know which one of us kills 16k so neither of us will have that hanging over our heads, understand?"

He handed me the revolver with the one bullet I picked in it, and he held the other. We both stood about 6 feet away from 16k's body. We pointed and Airmax counted down
"Three....... Two.......One...." We both fired.
When we look, 16k has a fresh bullet wound going right through his head. Now he definitely wont be coming back as a zombie.

As relieving as it was to not know which of us shot 16k, and will never know, I was still concerned over what we were to do with all the bodies.
"Where do we put all the bodies?" I asked Airmax
"We'll take them into the lawn, and torch them"

It was going to be really hard for me to sleep tonight...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:47:05 PM
Three weeks had passed since the deaths of Maikuru, Lannan, 16k, and Noumena. Airmax and I had converted Ponce De Leon Middle School into a fortress by moving around hundreds and hundreds of books, desks, and chairs. Palm fronts that fell off the palm trees around the school were used to reinforce the fences all around the school, and we had pillaged enough canned foods from surrounding houses to last us two weeks should we be quarantined to the school. We also stockpiled enough ammo and guns from the secret gun store to fight a small scale war, and I must say there is no greater feeling in the world then having your own fort and being armed to the teeth in legit guns.

But then the hurricane came.

We knew it was a hurricane because of the 140 mph winds that lasted for 2 and a half days straight. Category 4, one level below what Katrina was when it hit New Orleans. Me and Airmax stayed inside the whole time and exchanged stories to pass the time, and we learned a lot about each other. He had raised his nephew as his own son because 16ks parents just disappeared for some reason, he served in the first gulf war and then left the military to take care of 16k, and lived in Chicago before that. They were in Miami on a vacation when the zombie apocalypse came and had been stranded here ever since.

The hurricane had decimated large parts of the fence that surrounded the school, and flooding also did some damage as well. The indoor pool was spared from the flooding but many classrooms were not, and we had to move all of our stuff upstairs so that it wouldn't get ruined by the flooding.

The hurricane though was a mixed blessing too. The storm must have killed hundreds, maybe thousands, of zombies who were outside when it blew on shore. We found out that zombies sink, but they somehow don't drown and instead go into a hibernative state. We found zombies that were basically paralyzed because they fell face first into puddles of water even if they were an inch deep, and they wouldn't awaken from it unless you pulled their face out of the water.

However if you poured a bucket of water on a zombies face it would not stop them in their tracks or cause them to hibernate. We experimented on a couple lone zombies we did find and we learned they have to be held underwater for a minute and a half before they go into their hibernation state. Maybe that will come in handy one day.

====================================================

We had just returned to the school when me and Airmax both heard the sound of gunfire. It was distant, but somewhere in the neighborhood, and there was a LOT of it too. Then we heard it getting closer.

We scramble inside and barricade the doors, then we split up and make our way to the offices that we converted into lookout posts. We could see in all directions from those offices except directly behind the school, but that part of the school had the most heavily reinforced fence and the first place we checked during patrol runs, so we had it covered.

"You see anything yet?" Airmax said over the walkie talkie. We found them and a couple other sets in the gun store.
"Nothing, but I can still hear the gunfire and its getting closer but I got nothing, how about you?"
"Same over here, keep your eyes peeled"

5 minutes passed, then 10, then 20. We could still hear the gunfire and it was coming closer, but we couldn't pinpoint which direction it was coming from. Then all of a sudden the gunfire just stopped.

"Its been quiet for a while now, and its going dark. What should we do?" I radioed Airmax
"Do a quick patrol around the school and I'll scoot between both lookout posts and keep my eyes peeled. If nothing happens then we meet in the upstairs HQ and keep quiet til tomorrow." he replied. I gave him the ok and I went on my patrol.

I went out to the back side of the school to the blind spot first. The wall was holding up, and the other repairs we made to other patches of the wall were also holding up. All the palm fronts in the streets from the hurricane gave us more then enough material to repair the fences which were pounded during the storm.

I trotted around one side of the school and nothing was out of the ordinary. There wasn't a single zombie anywhere near the fence this time, which wasn't the norm before the hurricane came. There were always 4 or 5 around the fence before the hurricane hit and I would sometimes lure one or more to the fence and stab it with a knife since the only good zombie is a dead one.

I made my way over to the other side but then a slew of gunfire erupted nearby.

"Airmax, you hear that???" I radioed, taking shelter along the outside of the building
"They're near the front entrance, get back here ASAP"
I did a quick check of the other half of the school and then sprinted back to the entrance. Airmax was there peering outside
"What do you see???" I asked him
"There's three guys, maybe more. They're shooting at something that I cant see, and the three I do see are all in army uniform."

I checked out the window Airmax was peeking out of, and sure enough there were 3 guys in military uniform all shooting at something in the distance. I couldn't make out what they were shooting at though, it was now completely dark outside and the only light that could be seen was the moons reflection, and the flash of the guns the soldiers were holding. They began retreating up towards the entrance of the middle school and were soon right outside the front steps. One of them began pounding on the door trying to get inside.

I looked at airmax wondering what we should do. Before I could even ask the question he was pulling me towards the main entrance while giving orders.

"Ill let them in and make sure they lay down their guns when they do so to make sure they aren't hostile, you stay hidden and if you see one of them try something funny, don't hesitate to shoot. Understand?

I nodded and then Airmax placed me in a corner. He jogged over to the front entrance and started removing some of the desks we used to reinforce the doors at night. The whole time we could hear one of the soldiers pounding on the doors while gunfire rang outside.

Finally airmax got the door opened and got the soldiers attention, he motioned for them to come inside and they made their way in. I gripped my handgun ready for the first sign of trouble as I peered from my hiding spot.

"Guns down" Airmax said.
One soldier put his gun down, the other two didn't move. I gripped my gun
"Put your guns down and there wont be any trouble" Airmax said again
The soldier who put his gun down raised his hands to his head, the other two still hadn't done so
"Is it just you in here?" One of them asked
"No, there are others, now just put the guns down and there wont be any trouble."
Another soldier put down his gun, however the one in the middle still hadn't done so
"How do we know you're not alone?" He said
I stepped out from behind my corner. "Guns down" I said with my pistol pointing right at the soldier.
Everyone looked over at me in surprise, Airmax rolled his eyes.
"He's not alone dude put the gun down" One soldier said to the other. He finally did so and I relaxed my aim a little. Airmax did to

"Names?" Airmax asked
"My name is Pennington, this is LordKnuckle and Eitan_Zohar. We are the only ones left in our regiment and we were being pursued by bandits or a gang before we ended up here"

"How many of them were following you?" Airmax asked
"A dozen, maybe more" LK said "We pissed them off and now they are after our heads, they wont stop until they get us either"

Gunfire outside the school.

"Thett, grab a rifle and head to the lookout tower, shoot anything that moves. You three grab your stuff and follow me"

I grabbed a sniper rifle and sprinted to the lookout post. The fight was on.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:50:56 PM
Episodes 1-3 if you want to catch up:

And a poll to see if people like the series so far
http://poll.pollcode.com...

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 12:56:55 PM
kewl.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 2:37:19 PM
When the fvck was episode 3?!?!? A guy turns around for a second and his asss gets bit lol. I'm gonna catch up but this series is really awesome.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 3:54:29 PM
Way cool, the school has a lookout tower.

Maybe they have an old-fashioned bell up there, or an intercom system in the building.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:36:58 PM
These are quite entertaining.

Citrakayah's questions were also both on my mind.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:43:50 PM
At 5/13/2013 5:58:16 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
I've got to wonder, why didn't they lock Lannan in a room that he couldn't get out of?

They didn't know he was going zombie, they thought it was just blood loss/ blood poisoning from his leg wound

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:44:33 PM
At 5/13/2013 5:59:49 PM, Citrakayah wrote:
Oh, and why are they shooting 16k again?

He got shot through the throat and died, so he still could've come back as a zombie, hence they had to shoot him in the head to prevent that

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:48:41 PM
At 5/13/2013 7:44:33 PM, imabench wrote:

He got shot through the throat and died, so he still could've come back as a zombie, hence they had to shoot him in the head to prevent that

"For minutes, the only sound that could be heard was Maikuru's sobbing. Then Airmax shot 16k in the head, ensuring that he wouldnt come back as a zombie. "

Second paragraph.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 7:59:45 PM
At 5/13/2013 7:48:41 PM, phantom wrote:

"For minutes, the only sound that could be heard was Maikuru's sobbing. Then Airmax shot 16k in the head, ensuring that he wouldnt come back as a zombie. "

Second paragraph.

Before that noumena accidentally shot him in the throat

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 8:00:09 PM
At 5/13/2013 7:59:45 PM, imabench wrote:

Second paragraph.

^ end of episode 3

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 8:10:20 PM
At 5/13/2013 8:00:09 PM, imabench wrote:

Second paragraph.

^ end of episode 3

But why did airmax/thett shoot 16k when airmax had already shot him in the head?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 8:16:06 PM
At 5/13/2013 8:10:20 PM, phantom wrote:

Second paragraph.

^ end of episode 3

But why did airmax/thett shoot 16k when airmax had already shot him in the head?

airmax didnt already shoot 16k in the head, he shot Noumena in the head for killing his nephew and then the episode ended.

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 9:40:29 PM

He was infected, I think, and he would have risen from the dead.

Depending on how much imabench likes me, I have a feeling I'm either going to kick @ss or die in horrible agony.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:16:18 PM
At 5/13/2013 10:03:23 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Wait, since when did DDO have a walking dead series? I need links to these other episodes.

3rd post in the thread.

And this has been around for about a week. There were signups and everything; http://www.debate.org...

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:17:16 PM
At 5/13/2013 8:16:06 PM, imabench wrote:

Second paragraph.

^ end of episode 3

airmax didnt already shoot 16k in the head, he shot Noumena in the head for killing his nephew and then the episode ended.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com...

Great work btw Bench.. Another quality episode.
Debate.org Moderator
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:22:13 PM

Second paragraph.

^ end of episode 3

"Then Airmax shot 16k in the head"
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:29:43 PM
At 5/13/2013 10:16:18 PM, imabench wrote:
Wait, since when did DDO have a walking dead series? I need links to these other episodes.

3rd post in the thread.

And this has been around for about a week. There were signups and everything; http://www.debate.org...

How could I've missed that? Oh well.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:42:51 PM
At 5/13/2013 10:29:43 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

3rd post in the thread.

technically you can still sign up :P

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 10:47:21 PM
At 5/13/2013 10:42:51 PM, imabench wrote:
At 5/13/2013 10:29:43 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

3rd post in the thread.

technically you can still sign up :P

WELL I SIGN UP! MAKE ME COME IN ON A FRIGGIN UNICORN! I'LL BE LIKE JESUS!

(Note: To all butthurt Christians: This was a joke. A poorly written one at that.)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 11:39:40 PM
Never have had a hurricane in a zombie story. Adds a nice new look.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 11:47:52 AM
So imabench, where am I in all of this? I leave for a few weeks and all I a sudden you forget I even existed?! I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2013 12:34:04 PM

Second paragraph.

^ end of episode 3

I'm talking about this episode only.

2nd paragraph: "Then Airmax shot 16k in the head, ensuring that he wouldnt come back as a zombie."

End of first post: ""One of these bullets is real, the other is a blank. We have to shoot my nephew 16k before he comes back as a zombie. But I cant do it and you probably really dont want to do it either""

He says they need to shoot him even though he already shot him at the beginning of this episode.

Good episode regardless.
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 10:45:51 AM
At 5/14/2013 12:34:04 PM, phantom wrote:

Second paragraph.

^ end of episode 3

I'm talking about this episode only.

2nd paragraph: "Then Airmax shot 16k in the head, ensuring that he wouldnt come back as a zombie."

End of first post: ""One of these bullets is real, the other is a blank. We have to shoot my nephew 16k before he comes back as a zombie. But I cant do it and you probably really dont want to do it either""

He says they need to shoot him even though he already shot him at the beginning of this episode.

Good episode regardless.

Airmax has a short memory.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 11:53:30 AM
At 5/14/2013 11:47:52 AM, Zaradi wrote:
So imabench, where am I in all of this? I leave for a few weeks and all I a sudden you forget I even existed?! I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!

If you didn't sign up to be in the story THEN IT AIN'T MY FAULT