Jump to topic:

Justice requested

DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:05:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'd like some countervotebombs to this debate. Yes, I did already post this in the sticky, but (in my experience anyway) sometimes that thread doesn't get immediate enough attention and there is relatively little time left:

"I think we all know Apeiron's ridiculously long argument by now. Three brand-new nobodies voted heavily against me (practically simultaneously), to the point that I'm now losing.

http://www.debate.org...

Two of them joined 6 days ago; one of them joined 3 days ago. They all have only 3 debates (the minimum to vote); one of them has the same opponent for all 3. What, were these accounts made specifically to vote against me in this debate?

Apeiron... I was joking when I said to have your multis VB..."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:44:25 PM
I'd like to ask that members counter-vote as Dakota is requesting... to a total of 33 points.

TomCruise, HillmanYusef111, LucyLucy, GUSTAV, HelpFindingBooks306...

These accounts all reflect an integrity threat to the voting and a counter to all of them is justified.

All of them did 3 quick debates, and then voted on this one debate (TC voted on one prior).

There is also a pattern within their IPs that reflects a further problem. Without providing further details on this at the moment, I believe their is sufficient evidence to disqualify these votes. With less than 6 hours remaining in the voting period I believe it is the prudent thing to do, even with (for right now) only the evidence I have provided so far.
Debate.org Moderator
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:49:06 PM
by my count, 8 points have been countered so far (2 from the guy before me, plus 6 I added)

Some others will have to grab the rest.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:50:35 PM
At 5/21/2013 8:49:06 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
by my count, 8 points have been countered so far (2 from the guy before me, plus 6 I added)

Some others will have to grab the rest.

I think it would be best if everyone who counters updates how many points they countered in this thread so we can keep track of when we hit 33.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:56:47 PM
At 5/21/2013 8:52:22 PM, TUF wrote:
Justice is your dakota.

It's a beautiful thing when the DDO community comes together for something like this.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 8:57:06 PM
7 points. Justice has been served.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:12:51 PM
I just dont get why someone who has effectively devoted his DDO career to the service of god would behave in such a poor manner.

It sort of undercuts his ethos and credibility to be caught up in so much drama.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:18:15 PM
At 5/21/2013 9:12:51 PM, Raisor wrote:
I just dont get why someone who has effectively devoted his DDO career to the service of god would behave in such a poor manner.

It sort of undercuts his ethos and credibility to be caught up in so much drama.

Well, it might not be him. Call me crazy, but This is way too obvious for him not to realize he'd be the prime suspect. Maybe this is somebody else thinking they'll get away with it because Apeiron will take all the heat.

Or maybe Apeiron just thinks we're all retards. I don't know, but I guess time will tell.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:18:48 PM
At 5/21/2013 8:44:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'd like to ask that members counter-vote as Dakota is requesting... to a total of 33 points.

TomCruise, HillmanYusef111, LucyLucy, GUSTAV, HelpFindingBooks306...

These accounts all reflect an integrity threat to the voting and a counter to all of them is justified.

All of them did 3 quick debates, and then voted on this one debate (TC voted on one prior).

There is also a pattern within their IPs that reflects a further problem. Without providing further details on this at the moment, I believe their is sufficient evidence to disqualify these votes. With less than 6 hours remaining in the voting period I believe it is the prudent thing to do, even with (for right now) only the evidence I have provided so far.

Well, given that the PODDO (prez of ddo) came out for it, ok.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:21:14 PM
At 5/21/2013 9:18:15 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 5/21/2013 9:12:51 PM, Raisor wrote:

Well, it might not be him. Call me crazy, but This is way too obvious for him not to realize he'd be the prime suspect. Maybe this is somebody else thinking they'll get away with it because Apeiron will take all the heat.

Or maybe Apeiron just thinks we're all retards. I don't know, but I guess time will tell.

Well, given the charge in the debate (that Apeiron lied about how many characters were in his docs when anyone reading the debate could see for themselves), this kind of blatant tomfoolery would seem par for the course.

Yet another example of why to go with "no-voting"...people just get too wrapped up with the votes.
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:23:15 PM
I think everyone should refrain from jumping to any conclusions until I have had enough time to look at this thoroughly and examine the entirety of the evidence. Currently, the evidence is enough to ask members to counter-vote, but nothing more.
Debate.org Moderator
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 9:32:05 PM
This honestly made me really happy. I'm glad that the DDO community came together to preserve the integrity of the site.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 10:01:17 PM
At 5/21/2013 9:32:05 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
This honestly made me really happy. I'm glad that the DDO community came together to preserve the integrity of the site.

lol, you do realize this thread resulted in 5 votes?

Not really the most holiest of holies or the largest of communities, just throwing that out there.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 10:18:35 PM
At 5/21/2013 10:01:17 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Not really the most holiest of holies or the largest of communities, just throwing that out there.

kill joy.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 10:48:56 PM

I agree. It's nice to know that when people do idiotic things, (like lie and cheat) that they will be held accountable for their actions. This thread is a salient reminder of that.

As a community, quite good.
Tsar of DDO
Apeiron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 12:28:06 AM
At 5/21/2013 10:48:56 PM, YYW wrote:

I agree. It's nice to know that when people do idiotic things, (like lie and cheat) that they will be held accountable for their actions. This thread is a salient reminder of that.

So cute.. YOU WERE MY FUEL
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 12:39:25 AM
At 5/21/2013 10:18:35 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 5/21/2013 10:01:17 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

kill joy.

Just a realist, lol. :)
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 7:25:23 AM
At 5/22/2013 12:28:06 AM, Apeiron wrote:
At 5/21/2013 10:48:56 PM, YYW wrote:

So cute.. YOU WERE MY FUEL

I will point out that as his last words, this is a rather damning accusation.