DDO QUOTES NlGGA

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:15:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Dumb:
"The whole reason why government got into economics was after the great recession." -TheHitchslap
"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
"Thats your foolishness. You think that critical thinking is a good thing." -ScottyDouglas
"Banning the expression of hatred far outweighs the negative effects of 'thoughtcrime'." -royalpaladin
"That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on."
-RoyalPaladin
"That's like saying that people who want to drink and drive will drink and drive. Which is true..." -Ore_Ele
"The great lie, Going to college equates to being educated." -sadolite
"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8
"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty
"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M
"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

Funny:
"[Hitler] was the Zoey Deschanel of pre-human rights Europe." -NixonianVolkswagen
"I thought the social contract theory was a way for philosophers to justify society without everyone feeling guilty about everything." -NixonianVolkswagen
"Ike, you consider more things violations of people's rights than myself. And that's saying something." - Mirza
"Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards." -Drafterman
""Receiving a blowjob is like spotting a baby deer; it's surprising, beautiful, and you try your best not to startle it into leaving." -Maikuru
"Yay for minimum wage. We have very educated unemployed now." -Greyparrot
"And with Obama driving gas prices up, how will we afford the oil to burn our crosses?" -Koopin
"Listen...you f***ing chicken bastard. If I wanna bless the people with conservative talk radio, I'll do so with a cold, refreshing Heineken" - Heineken.
"I wish all my Nihilist friends well while they go brutally anal rape some crippled people and blow up a church." -FREEDO
"Mouthwash completely fails as a jew." -darkkermit
"Seriously, nothing like DDO out there. Wild West of the internet." -Nidhogg
"I consider Wallstreetatheist among the evilest names I've ever come across." - badger
"Do you really think we believe in Jesus and heaven etc because the Bible makes sense?" -DanielChristopherBlowes
"You're right, Geo. You provided three videos. On the other side, we have a plane that fvcking flew into the Pentagon." -drafterman
"That anyone would even suggest Dogknox is identical to lower beings attests to the moral deterioration of Western society." -Nur-Ab-Sal
"Charles is like the Jehovah's Witness of Communism." -FREEDO
"Ah..I remember it like it was Yesterday. It was spring break and all the kids were wild and free, embracing their youthful ways. Everyone was sneaking off here and there, at the beach and homes, raping one another. I'd even heard of a few instances of whole groups of them getting together at rape parties and brutally raping each other raw. Raping drugs were as plentiful as acne.

It's name was Mufasa and it was a donkey. I could tell it was nervous at first. It, too, had never raped before. But I helped to set the mood with some rape candles and heavy metal.

That night has forever seared itself into my brain as 9 inches of pure unadulterated terror. And I will never forget it. I've had a lot of rapes since then but there's nothing that quite compares to the first." -FREEDO

"Dan4reason good to meet you...
I must assume you are a JEW!!" -Dogknox

"If you got nothing to hide, just go ahead and let the TSA grab your genitals, stick their hand in your rectum, you have no explosives in there right? Nothing to hide." -GeoLaureate8
"Holy sh1t grab your things we are going to the airport! Seconds please!" -R0b1Billion

Wishing4Winter: Well this is a thoroughly awkward conversation.
Koopin: Welcome to DDO. How big is your ding dong?
johnnyboy54: That user is a woman Koopin.
Koopin: Doesn't matter sometimes.

Smart:
"Note the many forum posters who are full of strong opinions, but when it's time to debate they've gone fishing." -RoyLatham
"Every self-respecting philosopher needs to smoke a pipe." -FREEDO
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:20:28 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:15:15 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Even as a follower of St. Dogknox, this is absolutely hilarious.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:31:41 PM
"Fvck you for not putting something I said in your thread"- thett3
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 11:33:59 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:31:41 PM, thett3 wrote:
"Fvck you for not putting something I said in your thread"- imabench
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 2:12:21 AM
Trip down memory lane.

Many of these I remember reading back when I first joined.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 4:01:52 AM
Note to self: include thett3 in everything's to avoid his b1thing ;-)
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 9:40:37 AM
Wallstreetatheist
"Ike, you consider more things violations of people's rights than myself. And that's saying something." - Mirza

My excellent memory tells me I never said that.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 9:46:05 AM
http://www.debate.org...

DetectableNinja wrote, "Ike, you consider more things violations of people's rights than myself. And that's saying something. PS: Could you quickly reconcile your liberalism with the fact that you want all airborne drugs illegalized? kthnx."

Korashk quoted that for a year with my name. Now, have a nice cup of coffee.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 4:49:33 PM
Made the list. And yes what I say is true. Some of the most inept, dumb azz people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting have had so called college degrees. That is also not to say that I have had the pleasure of meeting brilliant people who have degrees. The same goes for people who didn't go to college. Going through the motions doesn't mean you learned anything. It means you gamed the education system to get a degree without learning anything that would be useful in the real world.

Getting anything less than an A in college is a waste of everyone's time. College is for the academic elite not Joe jerk off who wants to party and meet chicks and eek by with sub par grades.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 10:51:22 PM
At 5/22/2013 11:15:15 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

I can't stop laughing at this. It's one of those things where I laugh, think I'm fine, and then a few hours later start laughing again. This quote has made a deep impact on my life.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 1:03:55 PM
At 5/23/2013 4:49:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
Made the list. And yes what I say is true. Some of the most inept, dumb azz people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting have had so called college degrees. That is also not to say that I have had the pleasure of meeting brilliant people who have degrees. The same goes for people who didn't go to college. Going through the motions doesn't mean you learned anything. It means you gamed the education system to get a degree without learning anything that would be useful in the real world.

Getting anything less than an A in college is a waste of everyone's time. College is for the academic elite not Joe jerk off who wants to party and meet chicks and eek by with sub par grades.

See, that's the thing though; being educated is not synonymous with being smart. Being educated simply means that you have gone to school.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:21:33 PM
At 5/25/2013 1:56:15 PM, KingDebater wrote:
You had a section for funny quotes which was quite long, and yet you have none from brian_eggleston or imabench. Shame on you.

I wasn't aware that brian_eggleston was funny, but I thought the same thing about imabench.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:28:54 PM
"...any athiest who is against another is guilty of treason" -devient.genie in response to a legitimate counter vote bomb I did.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 12:37:17 PM
At 5/26/2013 12:28:54 PM, jh1234l wrote:
"...any athiest who is against another is guilty of treason" -devient.genie in response to a legitimate counter vote bomb I did.

HAHA that atheist solidarity
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 7:52:04 PM
At 5/25/2013 1:03:55 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 5/23/2013 4:49:33 PM, sadolite wrote:

See, that's the thing though; being educated is not synonymous with being smart. Being educated simply means that you have gone to school.

"Being educated simply means that you have gone to school."

Then we need to change the definition of being educated.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 7:45:09 AM
At 5/26/2013 8:05:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 5/26/2013 7:52:04 PM, sadolite wrote:

Why?

Because educated "implies" intellegence, commonsense and understanding. So if one is going to claim to be "educated", I as another individual should not have to waste my time with people who claim to have been "educated" but are as incompetent and useless as a bag of hammers with broken handles when it comes to the most basic aspects of reading, writing, math and common sense.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 8:03:10 AM
At 5/27/2013 7:45:09 AM, sadolite wrote:

Why?

Because educated "implies" intellegence, commonsense and understanding.

No it doesn't. It implies that you've gone to school and passed.

So if one is going to claim to be "educated", I as another individual should not have to waste my time with people who claim to have been "educated" but are as incompetent and useless as a bag of hammers with broken handles when it comes to the most basic aspects of reading, writing, math and common sense.

Ok. Let's say you've redefined "educated." What's to stop those people from still claiming to be educated and forcing you to waste your time?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 8:34:41 AM
At 5/27/2013 8:03:10 AM, drafterman wrote:

Why?

So if one is going to claim to be "educated", I as another individual should not have to waste my time with people who claim to have been "educated" but are as incompetent and useless as a bag of hammers with broken handles when it comes to the most basic aspects of reading, writing, math and common sense.

Ok. Let's say you've redefined "educated." What's to stop those people from still claiming to be educated and forcing you to waste your time?

That's easy, you have to pass a difficult test covering a vast array of subjects both physical and academic including your major. That's right, being able to manipulate objects is part of being educated. Very few people should have what it takes to get a college degree worth touting. If you don't have this near impossible document to get, then I have no problems with time wasting as it is implied that you are only partialy educated. Kinda funny that a guy with a GED would think this isn't it. But don't walk in all full of yourself and your degree and not even have a basic understanding of well, nothing.

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 12:28:27 PM
At 5/27/2013 8:34:41 AM, sadolite wrote:

Why?

That's easy, you have to pass a difficult test covering a vast array of subjects both physical and academic including your major. That's right, being able to manipulate objects is part of being educated. Very few people should have what it takes to get a college degree worth touting. If you don't have this near impossible document to get, then I have no problems with time wasting as it is implied that you are only partialy educated. Kinda funny that a guy with a GED would think this isn't it.

Not at all. I would say that this is a GED-quality level idea.

But don't walk in all full of yourself and your degree and not even have a basic understanding of well, nothing.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 2:59:04 PM
At 5/27/2013 12:28:27 PM, drafterman wrote:

Why?

That's easy, you have to pass a difficult test covering a vast array of subjects both physical and academic including your major. That's right, being able to manipulate objects is part of being educated. Very few people should have what it takes to get a college degree worth touting. If you don't have this near impossible document to get, then I have no problems with time wasting as it is implied that you are only partialy educated. Kinda funny that a guy with a GED would think this isn't it.

But don't walk in all full of yourself and your degree and not even have a basic understanding of well, nothing.

So give a degree to any joe jerk off that can get through by manipulation or dishonestly. Got it, great standards.

I never for once implied being superior. Those are your words. I as a person with no degree should not be able to compete with someone who has one. The fact that I can is an indictment of higher education and it's lowering of standards to such a level that it now teaches remedial reading, writing and math. Insulting me personally only shows a lack of anything worthy of discussion on the subject. I have met many people with degrees that were no better than the average person with a high school diploma. It is full hardy in my opinion to discriminate in interviewing people with no degree vs someone with. The only two professions that I can think of that would require a prerequisit of college is the legal profession and the medical doctor profession. All the rest, not so much.

Employers should have their own tests, to see if the people they plan to interview even have a clue about what it is they are supposedly going to be asked to do. I think employers would be astounded at the level of knowledge they are just throwing out the door by discriminating solely on the premise that a person did not go to college.

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 3:55:04 PM
At 5/27/2013 2:59:04 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/27/2013 12:28:27 PM, drafterman wrote:

Why?

So give a degree to any joe jerk off that can get through by manipulation or dishonestly. Got it, great standards.

I never for once implied being superior. Those are your words. I as a person with no degree should not be able to compete with someone who has one. The fact that I can is an indictment of higher education and it's lowering of standards to such a level that it now teaches remedial reading, writing and math. Insulting me personally only shows a lack of anything worthy of discussion on the subject. I have met many people with degrees that were no better than the average person with a high school diploma. It is full hardy in my opinion to discriminate in interviewing people with no degree vs someone with. The only two professions that I can think of that would require a prerequisit of college is the legal profession and the medical doctor profession. All the rest, not so much.

Employers should have their own tests, to see if the people they plan to interview even have a clue about what it is they are supposedly going to be asked to do. I think employers would be astounded at the level of knowledge they are just throwing out the door by discriminating solely on the premise that a person did not go to college.

So, what criteria do you think employers should use to weed through the hundreds, maybe even thousands, of resumes they receive as an application? Or do you think they should just give this test to all of these applicants? Or, how about this, we have a state regulated test, so that employers don't have to do it. Then we can have schools that teach people to pass these state regulated tests, so that employers know who to hire. Oh wait, that's college.......

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 6:36:28 PM
At 5/27/2013 2:59:04 PM, sadolite wrote:

I don't see how your suggestion is immune to that.

I never for once implied being superior. Those are your words.

Actually you did. What else is "Kinda funny that a guy with a GED would think this isn't it" supposed to imply?

I as a person with no degree should not be able to compete with someone who has one. The fact that I can is an indictment of higher education and it's lowering of standards to such a level that it now teaches remedial reading, writing and math.

That certainly depends on the degree and the competition.

Insulting me personally only shows a lack of anything worthy of discussion on the subject.

You insulted yourself. Otherwise, why should anyone be surprised at your ideas?

I have met many people with degrees that were no better than the average person with a high school diploma. It is full hardy in my opinion to discriminate in interviewing people with no degree vs someone with. The only two professions that I can think of that would require a prerequisit of college is the legal profession and the medical doctor profession. All the rest, not so much.

And I don't think they care about those diamonds in the rough. Any given employer probably gets more resumes than it can reasonably attend to, hence the need to narrow down. Yes, they are shutting the door people who are probably more experienced and capable, but that isn't because they believe those people don't exist, rather they don't think it is cost effective to wade through the amount of less-than-qualified candidates to find them.

So they narrow the playing field with a set of arbitrarily defined qualifications. Set aside education and let's look at experience. There are people with less years of on-hand experience that are more capable than people with more years of on-hand experience. Does that mean having a qualification related to years experience is fool hardy? No. It's about hedging your bets. With the overlapping requirements (experience, education, etc.) combined with a face-to-face interview, they are increasing the odds of getting someone good as compared with the cost to find them.

Then again, we're all just fooling ourselves. It's about who you know, not what you know.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 6:59:38 PM
At 5/27/2013 6:36:28 PM, drafterman wrote:

Then again, we're all just fooling ourselves. It's about who you know, not what you know.

In the context of this discussion this is just as relevant. College helps with networking.
Debate.org Moderator