Jump to topic:

Forum suggestions

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 1:53:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just thought I would make a couple suggestions for possible additions to the forum. They all have to do with the reply system, which I find to be fairly tedious since it is essentially limited to quoting another person.

For starters, rather then only having the ability to quote, I think it would be a good idea to be able to have a link that directs someone to the post you are replying to.

Secondly, I believe it would be a good idea to implement a system that notifies someone when they are quoted/replied to. I don't know about others, but sometimes I end up not returning to a topic I have posted in. And occasionally this results in me missing the opportunity for an interesting discussion, because someone replied to me and I had no idea.

Finally, a system that allows for people to link to specific comments in debates would be quite good. I know I am not the first person to read a debate that makes references to things discussed in the forums. Sometimes I have already read the forum posts in question, but when I haven't, I either have to go through the tedium of finding said posts. Continue reading the debate without that information, which could be key to the debate. Or just stop reading the debate.

Feel free to leave a comment, making an alteration or addition to anything I said. Criticisms on my proposed alterations to the forums are more then welcome, and are in fact encouraged.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 4:14:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/23/2013 2:03:49 PM, TheStranger wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Cheers, I'll put them in there.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.