Jump to topic:

Why AMTY was banned.

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:20:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alright everyone, I confess, AlwaysMoreThanYou was my multi-account. Back when I first joined, in September of 2011, I created both of these accounts. One, "Nur-Ab-Sal," was meant to be my main account where I actually attempted to debate and have discourse. The other, "AlwaysMoreThanYou," was more or less a test account, where I'd switch him between Catholic, Judaism, and Orthodox (which was my favorite mode, he used this one for a few weeks). However, I began to use the Always account more than Nur, and eventually I made them more like co-Crusaders in the Religion forum, to give my own arguments more strength with two seemingly different personalities defending them. It actually worked for quite a while.

I was hoping I'd have two very different accounts that no one would suspect were the same, but eventually I began making jokes that they were the same, and no one really believed me. Anyway, a few months ago, I accidentally logged in on the Nur account without using Tor. Juggle eventually matched the IP addresses between our accounts and shut the Always account down. I figured I'd let you guys know before anything else comes out.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:24:52 PM
Wait, so you quoted yourself in your signature?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:27:14 PM
At 5/23/2013 3:24:52 PM, drhead wrote:

Yeah. It's not like that's extremely bizarre.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:32:12 PM
AMTY couldnt be Nur's multiaccount, because AMTY was MY MULTIACCOUNT
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:36:15 PM
At 5/23/2013 3:32:12 PM, imabench wrote:

I knew these sort of flippant multi-accounting claims were going to happen.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:42:35 PM
At 5/23/2013 3:40:17 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Not another one...

If this is about Apeiron, then I'm pretty sure I predate him by far.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:42:51 PM
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:44:49 PM
At 5/23/2013 3:42:35 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Not another one...

No, I meant, another thread like this. Too much drama, rofl.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:45:49 PM
At 5/23/2013 3:44:49 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 5/23/2013 3:42:35 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Not another one...

No, I meant, another thread like this. Too much drama, rofl.

Oh, yeah. Well I guess Juggle was running IP checks or something, because they (presumably) found us both around the same time. Mine was a few days ago.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:47:30 PM
At 5/23/2013 3:27:14 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

LOL
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 3:50:01 PM
At 5/23/2013 3:47:30 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 5/23/2013 3:27:14 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

LOL

I thought debating myself was stranger than that, but I guess it's different to be on the other end.
jh1234l
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:54:59 PM
At 5/23/2013 3:20:03 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Alright everyone, I confess, AlwaysMoreThanYou was my multi-account. Back when I first joined, in September of 2011, I created both of these accounts. One, "Nur-Ab-Sal," was meant to be my main account where I actually attempted to debate and have discourse. The other, "AlwaysMoreThanYou," was more or less a test account, where I'd switch him between Catholic, Judaism, and Orthodox (which was my favorite mode, he used this one for a few weeks). However, I began to use the Always account more than Nur, and eventually I made them more like co-Crusaders in the Religion forum, to give my own arguments more strength with two seemingly different personalities defending them. It actually worked for quite a while.

I was hoping I'd have two very different accounts that no one would suspect were the same, but eventually I began making jokes that they were the same, and no one really believed me. Anyway, a few months ago, I accidentally logged in on the Nur account without using Tor. Juggle eventually matched the IP addresses between our accounts and shut the Always account down. I figured I'd let you guys know before anything else comes out.

Hmmm.... More and more multiaccounts. Multiaccounting busts increasing....

Here are all the multiaccounts I have seen since I have joined:
Latentdebater (Rational Madman)
Doubter (Qopel) (not really a multi account, but still used as one to vote bomb in favour of qopel)
9 accounts, as well as an account that left, which was later hijacked.(Apreion)
AMTY (Nur-Ab-Sal)

13 Multiaccounts in total. Could mean something.
My political compass:
Economic Left/Right: -1.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
1 square right of Nelson Mandela, 2 squares down from Francois Hollande
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 7:02:14 PM

Are you for realsies, or is this just another joke? If this is true, then I appreciate your honesty, but I'm also really disappointed, because you voted for some of my debates using both accounts. That cheapens my wins, and it's unfair to my opponents. You owe them an apology.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 7:14:07 PM
At 5/23/2013 7:02:14 PM, philochristos wrote:

Are you for realsies, or is this just another joke? If this is true, then I appreciate your honesty, but I'm also really disappointed, because you voted for some of my debates using both accounts. That cheapens my wins, and it's unfair to my opponents. You owe them an apology.

How are people not getting banned for this kind of thing? Honestly...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 8:16:20 PM
I'm not really believing this.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 8:39:12 PM

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, but still.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 9:46:06 PM
Guys hes kidding....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 11:43:48 PM
At 5/23/2013 8:16:20 PM, phantom wrote:
I'm not really believing this.

+1
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 12:39:08 AM
Called this 4 months ago. If anyone is surprised, try accepting the fact that there have only been around 12 members of DDO. Ever.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 1:39:52 AM
At 5/23/2013 7:02:14 PM, philochristos wrote:

Philo, I'm really sorry. I hope you can forgive me for deception. I didn't mean to be malicious or anything, but nonchalantly having both characters vote on religious debates (since they were supposed to be both religion-oriented) seemed like the best way to convince everyone they were real people.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 1:41:14 AM
At 5/23/2013 8:39:12 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, but still.

I still apologize.

To be fair, I still think I won that debate though, with or without the vote from the Always character.
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:24:23 AM

Liar! AMTY is MY multiaccount as is Geo.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:58:34 AM
Forgive me if I have a difficult time believing this.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 1:12:53 PM
At 5/24/2013 1:39:52 AM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

Philo, I'm really sorry. I hope you can forgive me for deception.

I forgive you.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 12:01:01 AM

Bullsh!t. You are my multiaccount.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian