Jump to topic:

You know you're a DDOian when...

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:31:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You know you're a DDOian when you've experienced more drama on a single website than all four years of high school.

You know you're a DDOian when you've spent hours writing responses debating the meaning of "is".

You know you're a DDOian when most of your Facebook news-feed consists of people you met online.

You know you're a DDOian when you've failed a real life exam because you stayed up late arguing with people you've never met/

You know you're a DDOian when you try repeatedly to leave DDO, but cannot.

I know that these arent very good, but I know far more funny people will come up with some too so I just decided to kick it of
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TameHumanoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 6:34:43 PM
You know you're a DDOian when the word bench ignites respect and loyalty as emotional responses withint he subconscious realm of your very personality.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:12:19 PM
At 5/24/2013 6:31:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
You know you're a DDOian when you've experienced more drama on a single website than all four years of high school.

True, true.

You know you're a DDOian when you've spent hours writing responses debating the meaning of "is".

Oh god. I am a DDOian.

You know you're a DDOian when most of your Facebook news-feed consists of people you met online.

Oh, phew I am safe. I rarely use facebook.

You know you're a DDOian when you've failed a real life exam because you stayed up late arguing with people you've never met/

*Cries*

Been there done that.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:17:14 PM
You know you're a DDOian when you called someone at work scum when they explained why they were late.

When you have to explain that you were not meaning anything racist when you voted to lynch someone.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:18:53 PM
At 5/24/2013 7:17:14 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
You know you're a DDOian when you called someone at work scum when they explained why they were late.

When you have to explain that you were not meaning anything racist when you voted to lynch someone.

I Lol'ed
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:19:42 PM
You know your a DDOian when you want to say Pull the WIFOM Card on your girlfriend.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:22:13 PM
Haha, probably, if it wasn't for a lot of fools in my time online pre-DDO

Not this one...

Definitely a good part :3

Haven't failed an exam yet...

Haha, yes. It's not that I try to leave it, it's just that sometimes I lose interest but I always come back.

I know that these arent very good, but I know far more funny people will come up with some too so I just decided to kick it of

You know you're a DDOian when everyday people seem so dull after spending months on the site. (not everyone, but still)
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:46:56 PM
At 5/24/2013 7:43:58 PM, Smithereens wrote:
You know you are a DDOian when you vote for the politician you want dead.

I don't do that...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:48:08 PM
At 5/24/2013 7:46:56 PM, TUF wrote:

I don't do that...

What, do you night kill them?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:56:40 PM
You know you're a DDOian when you refer to yourself as "Pro" and your friends as "Con."

You know you're a DDOian when you watch pundits on TV/YouTube and think, "I could make a better argument than that."
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 9:27:08 PM
You know you're a DDOian when you ask your friends to define every third word before letting the conversation, however casual, continue.

Friend: "Man, I think their old music was better, don't you?"
Me: "Define better."
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 10:04:46 PM
At 5/24/2013 9:27:08 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
You know you're a DDOian when you ask your friends to define every third word before letting the conversation, however casual, continue.

=)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 10:10:54 PM
You know you're a DDOer when you burn your crush's house down, with lemons.

You know your a DDOer when you start calling people out for committing logic fallacies, not backing their facts with sources, and saying that they are just making assertions in casual conversation

You know your a DDOer when your shocked that none of your friends know the difference between positive and negative rights,what an ancap is, or what the austrian school of economic is.

You know your a DDOer when someone mentions mouthwash you a jewish high school drop out comes to mind.

You know your a DDOer when someone tells you a long story or puts you in an uncomfortable situation you respond with "kfc"

You know your a DDOer whenever someone says something you agree with you shout out "This"

You know your a DDOer when you feel uncomfortable being called your real name instead of your username.

You know your a DDOer when someone makes makes an argument with a position you don't agree with, you don't respond until 72 hours later.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
proglib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 10:27:42 PM
At 5/24/2013 8:56:40 PM, philochristos wrote:

You know you're a DDOian when you watch pundits on TV/YouTube and think, "I could make a better argument than that."

...:D
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:31:59 AM

You know you're a DDOian when you watch pundits on TV/YouTube and think, "I could make a better argument than that.

I do that one a lot. The worst is when I see someone about to argue for a position I agree with, and I'm thinking in my head about what arguments they might make, and then they come out with a horrible argument. I'v actually yelled at my screen more then once, over this.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 10:38:30 AM
You know your a DDOian when you start naming fallacies in your head while your watching a political debate.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 12:40:49 PM
At 5/25/2013 10:31:59 AM, muzebreak wrote:

You know you're a DDOian when you watch pundits on TV/YouTube and think, "I could make a better argument than that.

I do that one a lot. The worst is when I see someone about to argue for a position I agree with, and I'm thinking in my head about what arguments they might make, and then they come out with a horrible argument. I'v actually yelled at my screen more then once, over this.
Been there. Done that.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 2:06:57 PM
You know you're a DDOan when you respond to your boss' email "tl;dr"

You know you're a DDOan when you debate your clients, lose the sale but win the argument.

You know you're a DDOan when you respond to corporate that their sources are crap.

You know you're a DDOan when you have to force yourself from being on the site because it actually is interfering with life.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:21:33 PM

O_O Yes. Yes I do this all the time. To my teachers too. LOL.
Nolite Timere
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:46:08 PM
Still not a DDOian yet. Left for nine months once and came back but don't know if that counts as not being able to leave. It's entertainment. Ebay is a whole diffent story!!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 3:47:41 PM

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nac
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 6:11:59 PM
At 5/24/2013 7:48:08 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 5/24/2013 7:46:56 PM, TUF wrote:

I don't do that...

What, do you night kill them?

I send them a Night action to NK them, and hope they weren't Doced, bulletproof or watched. I also hope I am not tracked, or copped.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 6:17:30 PM
At 5/24/2013 10:10:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:

You know your a DDOer when you start calling people out for committing logic fallacies, not backing their facts with sources

You know your a DDOer when your shocked that none of your friends what the austrian school of economic is.

Definitely both of these.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 6:21:13 PM
At 5/25/2013 3:21:33 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

O_O Yes. Yes I do this all the time. To my teachers too. LOL.

Teachers? I've done it to principles.

Principal: So you were on a website that you were not supposed to be on in class?

Me: Define on. (This is a really long conversation that he gets mad about and I love, but I will not go on.)
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 6:41:25 PM
You know you're a DDOian when kfc.

You know you're a DDOian when you consider this your source of education rather than school.

You know you're a DDOian when you spend more time with your virtual debate buddies than your real life friends.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 7:09:19 PM
At 5/25/2013 6:41:25 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
You know you're a DDOian when kfc.

You know you're a DDOian when you consider this your source of education rather than school.

You know you're a DDOian when you spend more time with your virtual debate buddies than your real life friends.

You people have real life friends?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.