Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead Episode 6

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 11:43:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I wake up when a beam of sunshine pokes me in the eye. It felt like I was in the most uncomfortable sleeping position ever, the weight of the stuff on top of me drove the rifle I carried right into my back, and both my legs were fast asleep. I dont hear a single thing outside so I start moving the crap off of me. I take a look at my leg and I actually find that its not as bad as I thought, it was bruised to hell and there was a gash that ran along my entire leg, but fortunately it was only a quarter of an inch deep at the most.

I sit up and glance around, looking outside the windows for zombies or Airmax. Nothing. I look around the car for anything useful and I manage to find one of those bandages that you wrap around a body part to make it feel better. I wrap it tightly around my leg and then check my rifle to see how many shots I have left.

I only have one bullet.... I suppose I can take out a few of them if they stand in a line....

I open the car door to hop out and then I immediately hop back in and duck. the street was littered with tons of zombies that were lying down on the ground. I stay low for 5 minutes, then ten. No noise at all.

I peek back outside the window and all the zombies are still lying down on the ground not moving. 5 more minutes pass and they still havent moved a muscle. Then ten minutes pass. I open the door very slowly and cautiously and step outside towards the nearest one. I poke it with my rifle in the head to see if it would move, but nothing happens. I poke it again. A third time, then I basically stab the thing in its eye as hard as I can.

It didnt move.... What the f*ck was going on?

I shut the door behind me now and look around at all the zombies on the ground. There were no signs that any of them had been shot in the head, taken any hits to the head, or any other sign that they had been attacked at all. Its as if a hundred zombies or so just dropped dead out of nowhere for no reason at all.

I get down close to observe the dead zombies up close, there wasnt anything different about them you would see on regular zombies. Same bloodshot eyes, same dead skin, same exposed wounds, there was nothing different about them except that they all just dropped dead.

Was the Apocalypse over?

I start limping around the van, zombies litter the ground all around. All of them not moving, all of them showing no signs of being killed, but still they all were dead. It was single handedly the eeriest sight I had ever seen. I hopped on board the roof of the van and used the scope on the rifle to look around. There were dead zombies as far as the eye could see, there must have been hundreds of them all just lying on the ground, dead of mysterious causes..... I hop off the car and decide to head back to the Middle School to see if I could find Airmax and the others, maybe they knew what the hell happened last night.

I carefully walk over the dead zombies just in case one of them wasnt dead. Rule number 2 in my notebook: Never assume a dead zombie is dead unless you know for sure that its dead. I carefully make my way over to the Middle School while watching my step as I maneuver over or around all the dead zombies. I make my way through the front door of the Middle School and once again, dead zombies litter the floors. I start going door to door looking for Airmax and the others, or a note they maybe left for me to find, or anything that might explain why all these zombies just mysteriously dropped dead.

Where's my walkie talkie? F*ck I left it in the van....

I scout out the school and surrounding school grounds for Airmax or the others and I dont see a sign of them anywhere. Its getting close to noon and I never felt more alone in my life, filled with so many questions with nobody else around to possibly answer them.

I go back inside and start moving the zombies out of the school. I remove about 12 of them before I decide to head back to the car and look for the walkie talkie just incase Airmax contacts me with it.

I patch up my leg with medical equipment in our HQ and make my way out to the van where I slept last night. I look all around at the zombies that litter the ground, still very very scared they could pop back to life just as quick as they all seemed to have dropped dead. I reach the car and start going through all the stuff trying to find the walkie talkie, but theres so much sh*t that it takes forever just to dig an inch, and all the while I check my surroundings in case the zombies come back to life or one that didnt drop dead stumbles out from somewhere and comes after me.

Then right as Im about to give up I spot the walkie talkie, lodged underneath the seat with the red light blinking periodically. I reach for it but its just out of grasp, and no matter how much crap I move out of the way or what angle I try to get it from, its always out of reach.

Then I hear it crackle, which means someone on the other end is holding down the button to talk.

I begin feverishly reaching for it now thinking at any moment Airmax is going to call me on it, but I can only get the tip of my finger on it. For three minutes I desperately try to reach for the walkie talkie when I realize I can just move the f*cking seat back. Sure enough I move it back and have the walkie talkie in no time, but right as I hold it up to my mouth to talk into it I hear the click of a handgun right behind my head.

"Turn around slowly...."
I turned around. Its Pennington
"PENNINGTON!!!" Ive never been so relieved even though hes pointing a gun at my head
"Oh its you, phew that was close!" he said
"What happened, where did you go, wheres Airmax, What in the f*ck is going on?" I badger him with questions
"There was a mishap with the grenade launcher so we had to make a break for the gun store since the entrance to the Middle School got blocked off. We holed up in there for the night and then when we woke up all the zombies were dead! You werent the one who caused it?"

"No, I thought maybe you guys were behind this. Is everyone else ok?" I asked
"Yes, Airmax and the others are fine, we thought you were dead though"
"I hid out in this car and passed out, I woke up and saw all of this wondering what the hell happened.... What do you think happened?" I asked
"I dont know, but whatever happened here didnt happen everywhere, this morning we saw 3 zombies on the outskirts of the neighborhood, but they were shuffling away from here as fast as they could.... Some weird sh*t is going on here and I dont like it." Pennington said
"Im a fan of anything that kills zombies so much as I know what it actually is, this doesnt sit well with me either."

We went on for a couple more minutes about how I escaped from the invading zombie horde in the middle school, how I made it over the fence and cut my leg, how I got into the car and hid from the zombies form. Pennington then started to help me recover some of the supplies from the car to take back to the Gun store where everyone else was.

Then my walkie talkie cackle with static, so I hit the button and talked into it
"Dont worry Airmax im fine, im with Pennington im on my way over now" I said into the walkie talkie

A minute later a response: "This isnt Airmax Thett.... Ive been watching you for some time now, and now that I see you and know where youve been, im going to come after you, and I will get you, you can count on that."

I stare at pennington in confusion, but he seems more confused then I am. His hand shakes as he pulls out Airmax's walkie talkie.

My walkie talkie crackles to life again. "Im going to get you thett, you can count on it"

Pennington's finger never moved, meaning someone else was talking, and apparently watching me too. There are zombies dead all around me for no reason, and now im being stalked/haunted over the walkie talkie.

And whats worse, I know exactly who was taunting me on the other end
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 11:45:02 PM
Yeah Ive been busy. Heres a link to the last episode in case you missed it:

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 1:29:08 AM
Good job bench, but I could swear rule 2 has changed since the last episode from something about fight or flight to zombies being dead.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 7:59:01 AM
At 5/27/2013 1:29:08 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Good job bench, but I could swear rule 2 has changed since the last episode from something about fight or flight to zombies being dead.

I did that because there are too many zombie stories where people make their own rules to live by and the zombie world they live in does nothing to challenge those rules.... So in this one I altered it so that the most sacred rules people live by come into conflict with the reality of the situation, forcing characters to live inside their own protocols, or take risks not doing so for the sake of survival.

In other words, I like to mess with people ;D

Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 7:28:33 AM
Ah, yes, only a quarter of an inch deep! A mere flesh wound! Let's play basketball. What are you, a p*ssy?

How long is this series going to last? There's been a large drop off in commenting but I suspect that your story is still followed quite closely.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 10:47:12 AM
At 5/28/2013 7:28:33 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Ah, yes, only a quarter of an inch deep! A mere flesh wound! Let's play basketball. What are you, a p*ssy?

How long is this series going to last? There's been a large drop off in commenting but I suspect that your story is still followed quite closely.

This is going to go on until all the characters are dead

FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 10:56:26 AM
At 5/28/2013 10:47:12 AM, imabench wrote:

Dammit. You spoiled the ending.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 3:35:51 PM
At 5/28/2013 10:56:26 AM, FrackJack wrote:
At 5/28/2013 10:47:12 AM, imabench wrote:

Dammit. You spoiled the ending.

I think he's joking.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 7:17:07 PM
Ima, you got to find a way to introduce me into this story.

<beg>PLEASE LET ME IN THE STORY! PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE</beg>
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 7:38:36 PM
At 5/29/2013 7:17:07 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

are you listed on the signup thread?

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 8:09:24 PM
At 5/29/2013 7:38:36 PM, imabench wrote:

Give me a link to it. If sign ups didn't end, I'll sign up.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 8:09:50 PM
I'm so hardcore
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2013 8:26:14 PM
At 5/29/2013 8:09:24 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 5/29/2013 7:38:36 PM, imabench wrote:

Give me a link to it. If sign ups didn't end, I'll sign up.

1 - Thett3
2 - Maikuru (Dead)
3 - Noumena (Dead)
4 - lannan13 (Dead)
5 - 16kadams (Dead)
6 - Airmax
7 - Pennington
8 - LordKnuckle
9 - Eitan_Zohar
10 - RyuuKyuzo
11 - johnnyboy54
12 - Smithereens
13 - Cybertron
14 - Frackjack
15 - Drafterman
16 - Antidoter
17 - DoubtingDave
18 - AMTY
19 - Citra
20 - Ragnar
21 - Cermank
22 - 1HistoryGenius
23 - TUF
24 - Magic8000
25 - OberHerr
26 - Daytona
27 - Zaradi
28 - J.Y.A.A.
29 - Crypto
30 - Sarcastic Indeed