Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Voter of the week version 2.0!!!!

TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 4:16:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So the first one went pretty well but I think we should get more competitors/voters this time. Again The goal is five votes per person, and forfeit votes don't count. Please sign up and PLEASE post the links to voted debates here.

congrats to ragnar for winning the most votes last week, and to Larz and.drafter who are currently neck and neck for best voter. Add a number and your name!!

1. TUF
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 4:19:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
1. TUF
2. Noumena (Prima Facie)
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 9:51:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
First vote: http://www.debate.org...
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 6:46:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 4:19:05 AM, Noumena wrote:
1. TUF
2. Noumena (Prima Facie)
3. xXCryptoXx

This time I'll actually remember to vote o.o
Nolite Timere
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 9:34:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 4:42:17 PM, TUF wrote:
Come on people. lets sign up!

1. TUF

2. Noumena 1 vote
http://www.debate.org...

3. Crypto
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Noumena
Posts: 6,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2013 9:54:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Second vote: http://www.debate.org...
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 3:54:41 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/6/2013 11:30:37 PM, larztheloser wrote:
Is this version still going to have the same deadline?

It is. But I am thinking of starting a new voting effort, because this clearly isn't working. I may need to brainstorm some other ways to enroll people into creating votes
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 3:59:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think a better way would be making a thread for debaters to put forward votes that they think deserve recognition, rather than having a competition among a select group of voters.
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 5:27:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 3:59:20 AM, larztheloser wrote:
I think a better way would be making a thread for debaters to put forward votes that they think deserve recognition, rather than having a competition among a select group of voters.

See but that's been done before and it really didn't work out too well. I could try it though. I am want to find something that gives people incentive to vote. I was thinking a voting tournament where I give out cash prizes to the winner or something.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 5:30:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 5:27:35 AM, TUF wrote:
At 6/8/2013 3:59:20 AM, larztheloser wrote:
I think a better way would be making a thread for debaters to put forward votes that they think deserve recognition, rather than having a competition among a select group of voters.

See but that's been done before and it really didn't work out too well. I could try it though. I am want to find something that gives people incentive to vote. I was thinking a voting tournament where I give out cash prizes to the winner or something.

Grammar fail.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
larztheloser
Posts: 857
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 5:51:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/8/2013 5:27:35 AM, TUF wrote:
See but that's been done before and it really didn't work out too well. I could try it though. I am want to find something that gives people incentive to vote. I was thinking a voting tournament where I give out cash prizes to the winner or something.

I floated this idea ages ago but it was bad timing because back then everyone was for some reason scared about DDO becoming a "paid" site. Thinking back on it I kind of think now that it would work for as long as the competition ran. There needs to be a way of bringing exposure to good votes that encourages that kind of investment. I think last time not enough was done to make normal debaters even aware of it (if anything was done at all, which I doubt). I would love to get spam about any kind of thread that helps voting on this site.