Total Posts:84|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Debate.org wikia

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 10:33:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
We try every now and again and it never takes off. Not many people are really willingly to put the effort in to it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 5:52:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 10:33:44 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
We try every now and again and it never takes off. Not many people are really willingly to put the effort in to it.

I think this could be really neat!

Except, it being a wiki, I think if it actually DID become a real thing instead of a shadow of a thing, it might get defaced by certain elements...
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 9:02:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/2/2013 5:52:06 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/2/2013 10:33:44 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
We try every now and again and it never takes off. Not many people are really willingly to put the effort in to it.

I think this could be really neat!

Except, it being a wiki, I think if it actually DID become a real thing instead of a shadow of a thing, it might get defaced by certain elements...

That's not really an issue, since the backup and restore features of these sites are really excellent. The problem is filling it with good content to begin with.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 9:37:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I like my page :)
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 9:39:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 9:25:41 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
At 6/3/2013 9:09:17 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
I'm gonna edit the sh!t out of this.

Behold debate.org's new mission.
lol
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 10:07:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I once had a page on the Wiki that Heineken created a while back, but was very glad when it was taken down.
Tsar of DDO
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 6:06:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/3/2013 10:07:12 PM, YYW wrote:
I once had a page on the Wiki that Heineken created a while back, but was very glad when it was taken down.

I thought his assessment of you was fairly accurate, actually. He just needed to add that you like to take stances that oppose public views (examples: Fool, RM) and bully people to get popularity (qopel) so that you can feel intelligent, and we would have been set.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 6:13:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 6:08:44 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
Wow. You really are a deeply unpleasant person.

Yes, I'm unpleasant, but the person who defends people who go around insulting people, supports people who sexually harass members multiple times, and who bullies another member through a piece of psychoanalysis that was meant to make the other member feel terrible just because that other member was less intelligent than he was and had the nerve to complain about being votebombed is not unpleasant. I am giving YYW less than what he gives other people, but nobody called him unpleasant because they all hated qopel. I guess it's fine to bully people as long as you're popular.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 6:40:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 6:13:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Yes, I'm unpleasant, but the person who defends people who go around insulting people, supports people who sexually harass members multiple times, and who bullies another member through a piece of psychoanalysis that was meant to make the other member feel terrible just because that other member was less intelligent than he was and had the nerve to complain about being votebombed is not unpleasant. I am giving YYW less than what he gives other people, but nobody called him unpleasant because they all hated qopel. I guess it's fine to bully people as long as you're popular.

It was more a comment on the fact that ALL I ever see you post is some sort of attack on another poster, with no constructive contribution and often little to no understanding of the topic you've decided to attack them over. It smacks of petulance, bitterness and insecurity.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 6:52:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 6:40:14 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 6/4/2013 6:13:00 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Yes, I'm unpleasant, but the person who defends people who go around insulting people, supports people who sexually harass members multiple times, and who bullies another member through a piece of psychoanalysis that was meant to make the other member feel terrible just because that other member was less intelligent than he was and had the nerve to complain about being votebombed is not unpleasant. I am giving YYW less than what he gives other people, but nobody called him unpleasant because they all hated qopel. I guess it's fine to bully people as long as you're popular.

It was more a comment on the fact that ALL I ever see you post is some sort of attack on another poster,
It's not my problem if you aren't looking at all of my posts. Plus, given that you've been here for less than a week, I really don't care what you think about *all* of my posts.
with no constructive contribution
This is entirely false and has 0 evidence.
and often little to no understanding of the topic you've decided to attack them over.
LOL, is this another fantasy similar to the one that you're more intelligent than everybody who does well in school? I probably understand the topics better than you do.
It smacks of petulance, bitterness and insecurity.
I'm not bitter about anything. You're the one who is bitter. You called your straight-A ex-girlfriend retarded. She's not stupid just because she dumped you (actually, that probably makes her smart).
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 7:21:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 6:52:26 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
It's not my problem if you aren't looking at all of my posts. Plus, given that you've been here for less than a week, I really don't care what you think about *all* of my posts.

Wow, how independent of you.

This is entirely false and has 0 evidence.

You are either very good or very bad at irony.

LOL, is this another fantasy similar to the one that you're more intelligent than everybody who does well in school? I probably understand the topics better than you do.

The thread about studying philosophy? I thought I'd chip in there, on account of having a Masters Degree in the subject. You don't. So who was it that thinks they know more than people who do well in school? Your posts on the subject made it perfectly clear to anyone who does know anything about the topic - yours truly included - that you're an ignorant simpleton.

I'm not bitter about anything. You're the one who is bitter. You called your straight-A ex-girlfriend retarded. She's not stupid just because she dumped you (actually, that probably makes her smart).

No no, you are. Good job on not appearing petulant, btw. She was stupid because she didn't know what a prime number was. Her stupidity was a large factor in why I dumped her.

Anyway, if you've got some more time to spend humiliating yourself then please feel free to respond with yet more pathetically narcissistic comebacks. I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I suspect that you're somebody didn't who get enough love from their parents and is now very busy over-compensating. It makes you both unpleasant and pitiful.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 7:31:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 7:21:16 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 6/4/2013 6:52:26 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
It's not my problem if you aren't looking at all of my posts. Plus, given that you've been here for less than a week, I really don't care what you think about *all* of my posts.

Wow, how independent of you.

This is entirely false and has 0 evidence.

You are either very good or very bad at irony.

It seems that you are the same way, since you are commenting about my posts and contributions to the site even though you have no knowledge of how I contribute or of the history behind my posts. The post in the philosophy thread was directed at an individual who spends his time stalking all of my posts on this site and making snide comments to me. I initially tried to be nice to him, but his rudeness eventually caused me to adopt a more caustic attitude. If you look back in this forum, you can find multiple posts in which he attempts to slander me. However, I make one post about him, and you seem to think that I am a horrible person. So much for only commenting when you have knowledge of the situation.

LOL, is this another fantasy similar to the one that you're more intelligent than everybody who does well in school? I probably understand the topics better than you do.

The thread about studying philosophy? I thought I'd chip in there, on account of having a Masters Degree in the subject. You don't. So who was it that thinks they know more than people who do well in school? Your posts on the subject made it perfectly clear to anyone who does know anything about the topic - yours truly included - that you're an ignorant simpleton.

My first post in the thread was that finding employment is difficult for philosophy majors, which is an objective fact. If you are ignorant about this, it is not my problem; the statics should be easy to find online. I also noted that understanding philosophy requires the ability to think abstractly, which is presented in rudimentary form in algebra. If someone could not pass algebra, it seems unlikely to me that they could do anything in philosophy other than memorize what another thinker has said. I fail to see how this makes me a simpleton. In fact, it makes you a simpleton if you do not understand this. I highly doubt that you have a Masters' Degree, by the way. You are lying about this just like you lied about how you only comment when you have knowledge of the situation. Even if you do have one, where you got it matters. If you got it at Crummy U., I don't see a cause for celebration.
I'm not bitter about anything. You're the one who is bitter. You called your straight-A ex-girlfriend retarded. She's not stupid just because she dumped you (actually, that probably makes her smart).

No no, you are. Good job on not appearing petulant, btw. She was stupid because she didn't know what a prime number was.
I highly doubt this. She would have had difficulty in passing pre-algebra, let alone getting an A in the class. This is another fantasy.
Her stupidity was a large factor in why I dumped her.

I doubt you dumped her. I am now 100% positive that she dumped you, and it probably had something to do with the fact that you were bitter about how intelligent she was in comparison to you.
Anyway, if you've got some more time to spend humiliating yourself then please feel free to respond with yet more pathetically narcissistic comebacks. I don't like to jump to conclusions, but I suspect that you're somebody didn't who get enough love from their parents and is now very busy over-compensating. It makes you both unpleasant and pitiful.

Whining about how you got poor grades because you're really a genius makes you unpleasant and pitiful. You attempted to diminish the accomplishments of other people just because you were not able to achieve them, but you have the gall to call me unpleasant and petty?
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 7:51:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Allow me to correct myself; deeply unpleasant AND incredibly deluded. Dissent? Must be lies! What an absolute joke.
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 7:58:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 7:51:08 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
Allow me to correct myself; deeply unpleasant AND incredibly deluded. Dissent? Must be lies! What an absolute joke.

What do you mean by it being a joke? Please clarify, I'm a tad confused. :/
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:00:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I mean royalpaladin is a joke. A farce. Not something to be taken seriously. Something that serves only to be laughed at.
leojm
Posts: 1,825
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:02:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:00:31 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
I mean royalpaladin is a joke. A farce. Not something to be taken seriously. Something that serves only to be laughed at.

May I ask why she is a joke to you?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:05:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:00:31 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
I mean royalpaladin is a joke. A farce. Not something to be taken seriously. Something that serves only to be laughed at.

Are we talking about me or your useless degree from a useless university? How does unemployment suit you?
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:06:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:02:34 AM, leojm wrote:
May I ask why she is a joke to you?

Sure. Just read her posts in this thread; she throws her weight around like a petulant child and then attacks anyone who calls her on it, then accuses them of lying when they suggest that she might not be the best informed half of the exchange. It's like she's 5-years old and still isn't the most mature kid in the sandpit.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:08:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:05:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Are we talking about me or your useless degree from a useless university? How does unemployment suit you?

Well I used your name, so... maybe turn your vast intellect to it? In between mewling "no U R" every time someone points out how abysmal a person you are. Do you know which university I went to? Do you know what my degree was in? Do you know what my job is?

Oh yes, that's right; no, but if anything you're very proud of your ignorance and couldn't possibly pass up this opportunity to parade it in front of your betters. Which, so far as I can see, is everyone.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:09:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:06:26 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 6/4/2013 8:02:34 AM, leojm wrote:
May I ask why she is a joke to you?

Sure. Just read her posts in this thread; she throws her weight around like a petulant child and then attacks anyone who calls her on it, then accuses them of lying when they suggest that she might not be the best informed half of the exchange. It's like she's 5-years old and still isn't the most mature kid in the sandpit.

Oh, give me a break. I'm being immature? You attacked a girl you probably haven't seen in years because you were bitter and feel stupid.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:10:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:08:18 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 6/4/2013 8:05:49 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Are we talking about me or your useless degree from a useless university? How does unemployment suit you?

Well I used your name, so... maybe turn your vast intellect to it? In between mewling "no U R" every time someone points out how abysmal a person you are. Do you know which university I went to?
Crummy U.
Do you know what my degree was in?
Philosophy
Do you know what my job is?

Unemployed
Oh yes, that's right; no, but if anything you're very proud of your ignorance and couldn't possibly pass up this opportunity to parade it in front of your betters. Which, so far as I can see, is everyone.

You have no response to the fact that you are commenting on my situation without knowledge of the facts, but you are complaining if I do the same to you. I can figure out who you are based on these details. What makes you entitled to behave a certain way if I am not allowed to behave that way?
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:14:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:10:40 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Crummy U.

So no, then.

Philosophy

Undergrad phil&pol (BScEcon. Hons.) and MA Wittgensteinian Philosophy

Unemployed

That'll be another no, then. I manage the traffic for half the world (Australasia & Africa) for a mobile telecoms company.

You have no response to the fact that you are commenting on my situation without knowledge of the facts, but you are complaining if I do the same to you. I can figure out who you are based on these details. What makes you entitled to behave a certain way if I am not allowed to behave that way?

I make observations about your behaviour on here. You make assumptions about the real-life situations of people. If you can't tell the difference between the two, you're even dumber than I thought.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:20:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:14:26 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 6/4/2013 8:10:40 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Crummy U.

So no, then.

I think your university can be accurately described that way, so yes.
Philosophy

Undergrad phil
Called it
&pol (BScEcon. Hons.) and MA Wittgensteinian Philosophy

Unemployed

That'll be another no, then. I manage the traffic for half the world (Australasia & Africa) for a mobile telecoms company.

LOL, this major company manages its traffic for three continents under one person? Ok, then, which company is it?
You have no response to the fact that you are commenting on my situation without knowledge of the facts, but you are complaining if I do the same to you. I can figure out who you are based on these details. What makes you entitled to behave a certain way if I am not allowed to behave that way?

I make observations about your behaviour on here.
You posted conjecture without full knowledge of the situation.
You make assumptions about the real-life situations of people. If you can't tell the difference between the two, you're even dumber than I thought.
There is no difference between the two. There is nothing intrinsic to this site that makes my time here any less real than my time outside of it. I can understand who you are on the basis of the way you act. You claim to be able to do the same, but dislike it when the technique is applied to you.
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 8:30:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/4/2013 8:20:19 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
I think your university can be accurately described that way, so yes.

Without knowing anything about it. Do you even know what 'proudly ignorant' means?

Called it.

Yes, well done - after my having told you I studied philosophy, in this very thread, you had the insight to 'call it'. No wonder you're so impressed with yourself.

LOL, this major company manages its traffic for three continents under one person? Ok, then, which company is it?

Oh yes, I'm going to give an unstable child on the internet my work details. One who, apparently, doesn't understand how managing traffic works, how the telecoms industry works, how corporate account management works or various other factors that, if they did understand, wouldn't be making such obviously stupid statements.

You posted conjecture without full knowledge of the situation.

I did. I also prefaced it with a statement that I dislike jumping to conclusions and that I was simply stating my suspicions. Neither of these things are indicative of a claim to full knowledge or the statements in question being anything other than conjecture.

There is no difference between the two. There is nothing intrinsic to this site that makes my time here any less real than my time outside of it. I can understand who you are on the basis of the way you act. You claim to be able to do the same, but dislike it when the technique is applied to you.

So it's the "dumber than I thought" option. I can't say I'm particularly surprised. Have I called you a liar over your education? No. I have simply stated that your posts on here make you come across as a very unpleasant person. Have I called you a liar over your employment status? No. I have simply stated that you're an ignorant bore.

Nobody whose opinion I would ever care about - i.e. informed, intelligent, mature people - is falling for your bullsh*t. I suspect, given the intensity of it, that you aren't either and that's why you're in such a desperate bid to discredit anyone who points out how uninformed and valueless you are.