Jump to topic:

Is anybody else annoyed by this?

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:32:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Does anybody else get extremely annoyed when they're trying to debate and suddenly next thing you know you have hit the character limit? This seems to be happening alot in my current debate. I'm going on presenting my argument and then...boom, I hit the limit! I can't even say everything I want to say!
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:34:01 PM
It was only a problem for me over the summer when I was in 3 serious economics debates at once. It wasn't annoying, I just had to cut back a little.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 7:37:44 PM
It happens, especially when you get very involved in a debate.

The best you can do is try your best to sparse up the information. Unneeded bits, things that can be covered in sources and etc., can go; any extra words or sentences that you don't need to prove a point can get thrown out; using the abbreviated form of words, or acronyms, can help out a lot (like instead of "abbreviated," go abbrev. or whatever); and generally trying to keep information succinct while addressing your opponent's main points will help out.

It also always pays to put the sources in the comments section. Depending upon how many sources you exactly have, it can sometimes free up to 700 characters.