Jump to topic:

Debates are becoming immature

Cherymenthol
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:04:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I've just joined the website and I am not sure if they always are (I hope not). I begun to notice that the debate challenges open to me are either presented by people who never come back to the website or by people who rather ask questions/ debate ping pong. I feel there should be more intellectually stimulating debates rather than these bogus ones where the instigator has engineered the challenge to ensure they have the upper hand. And is it me or are the times between argument posts becoming evermore increasing? But maybe I am the only one who feels like this, I hope not.
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:08:32 PM
There have always been debates like that. The trick is to find the good ones. And if you can't find them, then make them.
silntwaves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 9:36:25 AM
At 12/2/2009 8:04:49 PM, Cherymenthol wrote:
I've just joined the website and I am not sure if they always are (I hope not). I begun to notice that the debate challenges open to me are either presented by people who never come back to the website or by people who rather ask questions/ debate ping pong. I feel there should be more intellectually stimulating debates rather than these bogus ones where the instigator has engineered the challenge to ensure they have the upper hand. And is it me or are the times between argument posts becoming evermore increasing? But maybe I am the only one who feels like this, I hope not.

May be true, but i think these stupid debates are what makes debate.org awsome and special. im not a big debater, (not a serious one either) but once u read the funny ones..and also the ones that arent even debates..you will appreciate.

http://www.debate.org... i am your god :]
Nick Jonas And The Administration
-What I Am.