philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2013 11:04:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Today, I interviewed JonathanCrane

http://www.debate.org...

We went a little long today. The show is about 20 minutes. But it's interesting (to me, anyway).

Please excuses the freezes. We had some skype issues, but it doesn't affect the sound.

You are encouraged to sign up to be interviewed by Philochristos:

http://www.debate.org...
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:20:36 AM
Interesting. Is the kid really only 14?
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:23:32 AM
"I'm your host, Sam Harper, who you can call Phi-Lo-Chris-Toss..."

Why would I ever call you that? That's so much harder to say.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:15:54 AM
At 6/14/2013 1:20:36 AM, Noumena wrote:
Interesting. Is the kid really only 14?

He could be like that vampire in Let the Right One In. S/he said, "I'm 12. But I've been 12 for a very long time."
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 2:16:32 AM
At 6/14/2013 1:23:32 AM, Rusty wrote:

That's a good question. I've always preferred Sam. It's short and sweet, and there's just one syllable.

ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 4:46:52 AM
"I lost my belief in God around age 12."
Don't know why, but I just thought that this was a great line.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 6:52:56 AM
At 6/14/2013 2:16:32 AM, philochristos wrote:
At 6/14/2013 1:23:32 AM, Rusty wrote:

That's a good question. I've always preferred Sam. It's short and sweet, and there's just one syllable.

For the longest time, I thought your name was philo-chris-toss.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 1:31:17 PM
Just got around to watching the video. It's quite good, though I was expecting RM.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2013 5:50:15 PM
At 6/14/2013 4:14:15 PM, FREEDO wrote:
You should post in the forums, Jonathan!

I'm with you. We need more good minds like his, telling us all that we're wrong.