Jump to topic:

DDO backward time travel message

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:11:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you could go back in time and give yourself advice, what age what you visit yourself at, and what would you tell your younger self?
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:32:35 PM
"If no one from the future has come back to stop you, how bad could it really be?"
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2013 11:48:20 PM
At 6/18/2013 11:13:14 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
"Hey, this is your fault. You shouldn't have turned on the damn oven in the first place."

I see what you did there.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
TULIP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:04:10 AM
At 6/18/2013 11:11:41 PM, philochristos wrote:
If you could go back in time and give yourself advice, what age what you visit yourself at, and what would you tell your younger self?

If i could back in time, id advise myself with..
Don't stand alone or you'll regret it and be afraid for a long time. Don't trust a guy that easily says, "I love you and I want to marry you".. If your gonna call yourself a Christian then be one don't just say it! Heed to your parents council! NEVER EVER take for granted of what you got while it's here before it's too late and they're not around anymore (even if they're still alive). And most importantly, don't let friends or anything become idol to your life in replacement of God or you'll feel drained, empty and dry.
"We conclude that our salvation is of The Lord. He is the One who regenerates us. Those whom He regenerates come to Christ. Without regeneration no one will ever come to Christ. With regeneration no one will ever reject Him. God's saving grace effects what He intends to effect by it. ~ R. C. Sproul
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:07:32 AM
I'd go back to my 13 year old self and tell him everything was going to be ok, but studying harder and exercising a whole bunch wouldn't hurt.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 12:08:23 AM

Oh goodness, I don't know. I was a conservative Christian when I joined this site and used many of the same tactics that frustrate me to no end now. I'm not really sure. My changes in opinion on biblical inerrancy, evolution, gay rights, hell and so on are results of multiple things- books, interactions with other users, blog posts, personal reflection, etc. That's a really hard question.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 9:07:32 PM
Age 16 and the message would be, Quit drag racing and driving on a suspended license. Oh and quit smoking dope, it's gonna make you jaded and apathetic and you wont go to college and miss out on untold opportunities.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 10:26:52 PM

I'd tell my 13 year old self, as I was going into high school:

The next four years of your life are going to be what they are going to be. No matter how good or bad it gets, realize that this is the most artificial environment you will ever be in. Only the closest friends you will walk out with on the other side will matter to you when you graduate. It doesn't matter what other people say or do, because they don't matter. No matter what you do, let no one else determine whether you are happy or not. Reach out to other people, and make the most of every day of your life. You only life each day once. Do not measure yourself by other people, or allow others to decide what you want to be or do. Oh, and take yourself less seriously. You're only 13.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 10:30:21 PM
I'd tell myself at 15 (right before I started freshman year) to quit bitchhing and moaning about how I didn't have any friends in High School (all my friends went to the other HS in our district) and actually MAKE new friends and to hit the books.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2013 11:55:37 PM
At 6/19/2013 11:47:21 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
The winning lottery numbers are 42, 19, 37, 36, 92, and 4.

This, you would tell to your 18 year old self?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 1:30:25 AM
At 6/19/2013 11:59:09 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Humor, man. Humor. I guess I didn't make it obvious enough.

Well, actually it's a pretty good idea... if properly executed.
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 1:49:26 AM
Ignore everything your parents try and make you do. This is one of the only times in your life when you can just follow your dreams, so don't screw it up.
I'm back (ish).
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 2:21:02 AM
To myself: You'd do more by doing less at such a tender age.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 2:22:56 AM
At 6/20/2013 2:21:02 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
To myself: You'd do more by doing "less" at such a tender age.

Amended. ;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2013 5:13:45 AM
At 6/19/2013 10:26:52 PM, YYW wrote:

I'd tell my 13 year old self, as I was going into high school:

The next four years of your life are going to be what they are going to be. No matter how good or bad it gets, realize that this is the most artificial environment you will ever be in. Only the closest friends you will walk out with on the other side will matter to you when you graduate. It doesn't matter what other people say or do, because they don't matter. No matter what you do, let no one else determine whether you are happy or not. Reach out to other people, and make the most of every day of your life. You only life each day once. Do not measure yourself by other people, or allow others to decide what you want to be or do. Oh, and take yourself less seriously. You're only 13.

I actually took this pretty seriously, as it applies to my situation pretty well. Going to HS now, eh.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac