Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead Episode 9

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 3:53:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
(Last episode in case you missed it: http://www.debate.org... )

We grabbed all of our bags and quickly followed Ryuu as he winded his way through some narrow hallways towards a back exit. After kicking down a door, he legit kicked down the damn door, he whipped out an axe and quickly decapitated two zombies nearby before giving us the all clear sign. We entered into the soccer fields that were located right next to the dining hall and proceeded on making our way right through them towards the outer fence and parking lot.

When we discovered there weren't any zombies nearby we stopped to catch our breath.

"How did you find us?" Airmax asked
"I stumbled across it 3 days ago while making my way west only to have that ugly chick steal half my stuff while I was out scavenging for more. This place has been picked clean though" he replied
"Yeah that was mostly us, I'm a student here and me and everyone else had made a camp nearby and dug in. Didn't last though" I gasped, trying to catch my breath
"No matter how well you dig in, sooner or later you have to leave" Ryuu said with a nod
"My name is thett, this is Airmax, and this is Lord_Knuckle"
"You guys always been together or just crossed paths and decided to group up?"
"We crossed paths and grouped up, me and Airmax go back a few weeks but LK here has only been around for a few days" I clarified
"Any reason you were heading west?" LK asked Ryuu
"I was making my way to the airport to get a plane ride out of here" Ryuu answered

I was baffled. "There's an airport west of here???? I thought Miami International Airport was to the north..."
"It is, but there's a smaller one called Tamiami just west of here that hasn't been touched." Ryuu said
"How do you know you can get a plane there? Miami International Airport was overrun with zombies and was also one of the first places to be bombed by the government"
"My brother is a pilot who flies small planes out of the Tamiami airport, according to him the place is untouched and he can get his hands on a plane with gas to fly out of here" Ryuu said.
"How do you know he's right?" Airmax asked skeptically
Ryuu pulled out a radio. "My brother told me there might be a chance about a week ago, and just this morning he told me he was sure he could get a working plane to fly" Ryuu explained.

Airmax, LK and I all exchanged glances. I was the one who finally asked.

"I know we just met and all, but is there any chance maybe we can maybe come with you?"
Ryuu nodded. "Its just you three right?"
We all nodded eagerly.
"Then of course you can come. All you gotta do is live long enough to get there"

I was ecstatic, and LK and Airmax seemed pretty happy about it too.

"Wait, how far away is this airport?" Airmax asked
Ryuu whipped out a map.
"We're here, Tamiami airport is over here just south of Kendall lakes."
"That's actually not that far away... Must be 10, maybe 15 miles" LK said
"12.6 to be exact. If we make our way through these suburbs then we could be there in 5 hours. 6 hours easily if we don't get held up and can avoid a fight" Ryuu said

I glanced at Airmax. He had that skeptical look in his eyes, but I could tell he was up for it. LK was too.

"Sounds good for me, we should probably find some place to camp for the night though, we cant just dilly dally out in a parking lot all night long" Airmax said
"I know the perfect place, there's a house nearby I camped n that is pretty zombie proof in a place where there aren't many zombies walking around, it will be perfect to hole up in for one more night"

We grabbed all of our gear, counted our ammo, and followed Ryuu into the nearby suburbs. It wasn't long before Ryuu led us into the house he was holed up in a few days ago. All the windows were boarded up and almost all of the surrounding yard was fenced off which made a solid place to hide for a night.

"Place is clear" Ryuu said coming out from the hallway. The place was pretty empty of furniture which implied that it was either completely picked clean by the owners or it was just built before the apocalypse happened and nobody had a chance to really move in. Whatever the case, it was pretty quiet and we all piled into one room in the corner of the house to sleep in for the night.

"How much ammo do we have?" LK asked

Everyone started shuffling through their stuff. Airmax LK and I had 5 handguns with about 28 bullets for them, two knives, a small axe, and a flashlight low on power. Most of our stuff was food and bottled water that could last us maybe a week. Ryuu on the other hand had 4 handguns, a shotgun, two rifles, a bat with nails sticking out of it, a medieval looking battle axe, and about 150 bullets for all of his guns. He though didn't have much food on him, only enough for a day and a half tops.

"We're in good shape" Airmax concluded
"So how do we get to this airport of yours Ryuu?" I asked
Ryuu whipped out his map again. "If we follow US 1 south for a while it will take us right to 'The Falls' shopping center. When we hit SW 112th street we take that directly west until we hit a cemetery. When we find that we head south to SW 120th
street, head directly west again, and we'll run right into it."

"If we take that route we'll have to cross the Florida Turnpike which is what everyone was using trying to get out of Florida, there will be zombies everywhere" Airmax said
"I know, but we have to go south to also avoid crossing both the Turnpike AND the Don Shula Expressway" Ryuu replied
"Any way we can get around the Turnpike without crossing it?" LK said
Ryuu shook his head. "US 1 goes all the way down to the Keys and north through Miami, no way in hell we can go around it, we have to cross it if we are going to go to Tamiami...."

We sat in silence as we realized the monumental trip we had in front of us
"You think we can make it?" I asked Ryuu
He didn't even hesitate.
"I made it this far from Key Biscayne flying solo, I think I can make it to Tamiami with you guys coming along.
"Key Biscayne? That place is an island with only one way in, why did you leave there?" Airmax asked
"It got overwhelmed by people leaving Miami who didn't flee North, West, or into Miami Beach.... We managed to stop people from coming in but a few who were bit already did. Then they turned and the whole place went to hell." Ryuu said

"How did you get out of there?" I asked

"Once I heard that the fish market got overrun I went and hid at the nearby beach park. Nobody else was there and the zombies followed the people south into Key Biscayne, so I stayed low for a week or two and managed to get my brother on the radio where he told me about the Tamiami Airport possibly being intact. I've been on the road ever since"

"What do you mean by 'possibly' intact?" Airmax asked
"He thought it may be intact so I started making my way towards it ever since. Then two days ago he confirmed that it was intact and that he can wait for me to get over there where we can get a plane out of here." Ryuu clarified

"Any idea where you were going to head?" LK asked
"Not a clue. We've been trying to find places that were clean before deciding to fly to them but as far as we know, everything has been overrun. You guys heard of anyplace that might be clean?"

We all shook our heads.

"Sh*t...." He said
"Lets all get some sleep, we'll head out tomorrow morning and when we get there we can figure out where we can go assuming we can actually get a plane"

Everyone picked a corner and one by one we started to doze off.

I must have been asleep for only an hour when I woke up to the sound of Ryuu firing a gun at LK
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 4:00:16 PM
I'm going to try to make another episode for this Friday because I'm going to be gone for a week and a half and won't be able to work on anything while I'm gone...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 10:27:54 AM
At 6/26/2013 4:00:16 PM, imabench wrote:
I'm going to try to make another episode for this Friday because I'm going to be gone for a week and a half and won't be able to work on anything while I'm gone...

Back in my day, Walking Dead episodes were 2 posts long.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:35:06 PM
Current character list

Active + Formerly Active:

1 - Thett3
2 - Maikuru (Dead, Zombified, Bit by Lannan, Shot by Airmax)
3 - Noumena (Dead, Revenge killed by Airmax)
4 - lannan13 (Dead, Zombified from leg infection, Shot by Airmax)
5 - 16kadams (Dead, Accidentally shot by Noumena, Killed by Airmax)
6 - Airmax
7 - Pennington (Dead, Zombified, Killed by Ryuu)
8 - LordKnuckle
9 - Eitan_Zohar (Dead, Bit by Pennington, Killed by Ryuu)
10 - RyuuKyuzo
11 - Anti Atheist (Dead, shot numerous times by Airmax, Killed by Ryuu)

To be introduced:

11 - Secret character number 1
12 - Secret character number 2
13 - johnnyboy54
14 - Smithereens
15 - Cybertron
16 - Frackjack
17 - Drafterman
18 - Antidoter
19 - DoubtingDave
20 - AMTY
21 - Citra
22 - Ragnar
23 - Cermank
24 - 1HistoryGenius
25 - TUF
26 - Magic8000
27 - OberHerr
28 - Daytona
29 - Zaradi
30 - J.Y.A.A.
31 - Crypto
32 - Sarcastic Indeed
33 - Bullish
34 - Muzebreak

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:40:50 PM
At 6/27/2013 1:35:06 PM, imabench wrote:
Current character list

1 - Thett3
6 - Airmax
8 - LordKnuckle
10 - RyuuKyuzo

To be introduced:

13 - johnnyboy54
14 - Smithereens
15 - Cybertron
16 - Frackjack
17 - Drafterman
18 - Antidoter
19 - DoubtingDave
20 - AMTY
21 - Citra
22 - Ragnar
23 - Cermank
24 - 1HistoryGenius
25 - TUF
26 - Magic8000
27 - OberHerr
28 - Daytona
29 - Zaradi
30 - J.Y.A.A.
31 - Crypto
32 - Sarcastic Indeed
33 - Bullish
34 - Muzebreak

I like how I've only been in 1.01 chapters so far, but I've already killed off 33% of the other cast members (maybe more...) XD
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 1:46:27 PM
At 6/27/2013 1:35:06 PM, imabench wrote:
Current character list

1 - Thett3
6 - Airmax
8 - LordKnuckle
10 - RyuuKyuzo

To be introduced:

13 - johnnyboy54
14 - Smithereens
15 - Cybertron
16 - Frackjack
17 - Drafterman
18 - Antidoter
19 - DoubtingDave
20 - AMTY
21 - Citra
22 - Ragnar
23 - Cermank
24 - 1HistoryGenius
25 - TUF
26 - Magic8000
27 - OberHerr
28 - Daytona
29 - Zaradi
30 - J.Y.A.A.
31 - Crypto
32 - Sarcastic Indeed
33 - Bullish
34 - Muzebreak

Secret Characters, eh? Are these characters going to be people who have signed up, members who haven't signed up, or are they not real DDO members?
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 2:02:19 PM
At 6/27/2013 1:46:27 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Secret Characters, eh? Are these characters going to be people who have signed up, members who haven't signed up, or are they not real DDO members?

When the initial signups were getting swamped I threw in an additional signup where people could sign up as secret surprise characters. Two who werent already in the regular signups agreed to be secret characters and now they are going to appear next

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 2:08:50 PM
These are great.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA