Hey DDO

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 7:15:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey DDO,

I's been an exciting year as President and I'm looking forward to the next six months. Taking the time out to express an interest in the site is an important way to benefit the site regardless of the individual you supported, so I'd like to thank everyone for voting --even those who didn't vote for me. Here are some updates on administration structure, tournaments, site developments and our newest Hall of Fame members.

1) Site administration structure

The amount of time I spend on various things has grown exponentially since the first month I was president. At first, it was simple enough to go through a couple PMs, do some quick site moderation and focus on a particular project. Today it's become a much more time consuming endeavor and certain responsibilities require me to spend a greater deal of focus and energy. Because of this, I need to delegate responsibilities and micromanage far less. To this end, I have appointed cabinet members who will oversee various aspects of the administration. These members will be held accountable for getting results and I do expect them to achieve a lot over the time they hold their positions.

The administration breaks down as follows:

President - Airmax

Your humble President, his job is to assist you should you need anything at all.

Vice President - Wnope

The VP decides how much of a role they play. Naturally some VPs will want to play a greater role than others. Ideally the VP acts as a confidant and advisor to the president, while also helping with everything else. Furthermore, the VP will assume the president's duties should the president be unable to fulfill them.

Chief of Staff - YYW

The COS is appointed by the president, and keeps in regular contact with him. This role is a senior adviser position, but also intended to remove some of the micromanagement responsibilities of the president by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the administration.

Communications director - (interim comm. Director - YYW)

The Communications Director is intended to facilitate all means of communication. Whether this be through suggesting ideas for how to communicate with the community, delegating the responsibilities to regularly answer member questions, or editing drafts of administration missives, this role is intended to help in directing communication between the administration and everyone else.

Director of Site Development - F-16_fighting_Falcon

This position is intended to assist the administration in prioritizing and delegating current projects. The site development director is responsible to maintain tabs on ongoing projects and keep the president regularly updated on their progress.

Deputy Director of Site Development - Drafterman

Director of Member development - BladeRunner060

This role, like the site development director, is intended to prioritize site projects. These though relate to member assistance, member outreach, and new member orientation projects. While the two overlap quite a bit, this role is specifically intended to concentrate on those aspects related to helping members of the community and assisting new members become acquainted with the site.

Deputy Director of Member Development - RyuuKyuzo

DDO Tournament Director - Larztheloser

This position is responsible for planning and running the official tournaments.

Voting operations director - Blackvoid

This position is responsible for overseeing projects related to voting and overseeing voting conduct.

I'd like to thank each of these members for taking upon themselves the responsibilities of these positions. I'm looking forward to working with them and seeing what we can achieve together. As always, if anyone would like to assist in any way, please contact me at any time.

2) DDO Tournaments

I'd like to thank Larz for agreeing to be the DDO Tournament director. He has already begun planning the next tournaments and I am excited at what I have seen so far.

Here is a link to the tournament thread he created:

http://www.debate.org...

3) Vote of the Week

Starting on Monday we will begin the official "Vote of the week" thread which will encourage members to vote more often, as well as recognize exceptional debate votes. The details and rules of this program will be detailed in the thread, so look out for that in the DDO forums on Monday evening.

4) Juggle

Juggle is continually hard at work to improve the site and is currently working on new ways to make everyone's DDO experience better. They have mentioned a bit about what they are planning, but stay tuned and look out for Juggle updates to read about what great additions they have in store for us.

I'd like to thank Nate, Alex, Mike, Julia and everyone at Juggle for their continuing work and dedication to the site we all enjoy.

5) DDO Hall Of Fame

I'd like to congratulate Freedo, Cody_Franklin, and Koopin on their recent induction into the DDO Hall Of Fame. They are all outstanding members, great contributors to DDO, and well deserving of this recognition.

That's all for now. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on what's going on, and always feel free to ask anything you like. As always if you have any questions, concerns, comments, want to offer your assistance, or simply talk about axolotls, always feel free to contact me.
Debate.org Moderator
Nidhogg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 7:59:50 PM
Can I be the DDO Intern?
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 8:10:58 PM
At 6/26/2013 7:59:50 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
Can I be the DDO Intern?

You can start by getting us coffee ;) There are some copies that need to be made too. I'll leave them in your cubicle.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 8:56:13 PM
At 6/26/2013 8:12:34 PM, TUF wrote:
XD everyone is involved

http://s297.photobucket.com...
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2013 11:56:38 PM
* Cough cough Director of media Imabench cough cough*
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015