Jump to topic:

Tournament of Champions

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 8:40:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
So what is going on with this? Who is the mod? When is it happening? Etc.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 8:44:31 PM
Haha - There's nothing about the TOC on the DDO wiki ; ) Anyway I was supposed to do it, got a new lap top, got too lazy to transfer the info over (saved documents with stuff) sooo Vi said she'll take over or I guess I can go on her comp later and send it to myself. She wanted to do it anyway. If she decides she doesn't wanna do it anymore, I'll just have her send the stuff over to wjm since I think he was the one who expressed interest in taking it.
President of DDO
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 8:45:26 PM
At 12/5/2009 8:44:31 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Haha - There's nothing about the TOC on the DDO wiki ; )

http://ddofans.com...
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 8:47:41 PM
At 12/5/2009 8:40:52 PM, johngriswald wrote:
So what is going on with this? Who is the mod? When is it happening? Etc.

Hahahahahaha.

Honestly, though, it was an idea originally pioneered by Charlie_Danger, if I am not mistaken, and it has since been taken over by several other DDO members; strangely enough, the position of tournament director became something of a micro-meme. The reason for this was that every person who took charge of the tournament ended up being banned (though only temporarily, generally speaking).

Some of the rounds actually took off, and had people debating them, but this is all really just a roundabout way of saying that I highly doubt that a full ToC is ever going to happen on DDO.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 8:50:45 PM
The thing is that I used to not have a laptop, so I set up all the rounds and info on Vi's laptop. Since then, we've BOTH gotten new laptops and neither one of us have gone back to the old one to retrieve the info. I think wjm was gonna take over but then Vi was like "I'll do it if you give me the info" and I said "Well okay the info is on your old laptop" and she said "Ok I'll do it then" but admittedly we both forgot so0o0o0o yeah. She's playing PS3 now but when she's done I'll tell her to get on that.
President of DDO
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 8:51:57 PM
At 12/5/2009 8:50:45 PM, theLwerd wrote:
The thing is that I used to not have a laptop, so I set up all the rounds and info on Vi's laptop. Since then, we've BOTH gotten new laptops and neither one of us have gone back to the old one to retrieve the info. I think wjm was gonna take over but then Vi was like "I'll do it if you give me the info" and I said "Well okay the info is on your old laptop" and she said "Ok I'll do it then" but admittedly we both forgot so0o0o0o yeah. She's playing PS3 now but when she's done I'll tell her to get on that.

She'll just end up getting banned, much like every other person who tried to run the ToC. It's cursed.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 9:16:00 PM
Who judged the completed debates?
Who are the judges?
What is the criteria for being judged?
What is the reason for the losses/wins?

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 9:17:22 PM
sig update

ddofans.com
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 11:09:50 PM
The ToC has been dead for awhile, and I don't see any point in resurrecting it in the near future. There was never enough participation, and there was wayyyy too many mistakes - something like 10 members were signed up when they never wanted to participate.

Good idea, but maybe not at the right time.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 11:11:38 PM
At 12/5/2009 9:16:00 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Who are the judges?

ddofans.com
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2009 11:14:26 PM
At 12/5/2009 11:11:38 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/5/2009 9:16:00 PM, johngriswald wrote:
Who are the judges?

The answer for everything is either "no idea" or "nothing." You might as well not bother with what happened before anyways, and start from scratch.