Jump to topic:

A Series of Complaints to Juggle

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 6:52:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In regard to the recent site update, various problems, bugs, and new issues have come to surface as we, the users, interact with the site. Let this be the place for us to list all of them, that the site designers may avail themselves to fix them all.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 6:57:28 PM
The most important thing by far is restoring debates to the forefront. They are NOT a side show they are the basis of this site and all that makes it unique.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 6:57:55 PM
It's slow.

I hate the font when you're typing your forum posts and the new font in general.

There's no easy way to access the dashboard which is the most vital page on the site for me.

There's no visible inbox.

Opinion section is still useless.

@nal, d!ck and c-ck are now all profanity which is silly and immature.

No actual updates were added, it's all just an update to the look when there were absolutely NO complaints about the old look.

Bravo Juggle... Bravo.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 6:59:55 PM
At 7/2/2013 6:57:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
It's slow.

I hate the font when you're typing your forum posts and the new font in general.

There's no easy way to access the dashboard which is the most vital page on the site for me.

There's no visible inbox.

Opinion section is still useless.

@nal, d!ck and c-ck are now all profanity which is silly and immature.

No actual updates were added, it's all just an update to the look when there were absolutely NO complaints about the old look.

Bravo Juggle... Bravo.

Actually, I like the forums now (but not the new font).
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:01:17 PM
Wait, how are you finding all of these new profanity blocks so quickly? Are you just typing out every somewhat dirty or suggestive word you can think of in alphabetical order?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:02:34 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:01:17 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Wait, how are you finding all of these new profanity blocks so quickly? Are you just typing out every somewhat dirty or suggestive word you can think of in alphabetical order?

No someone else mentioned it first, in the "Profanities" thread in this forum section.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:04:53 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:02:34 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/2/2013 7:01:17 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

No someone else mentioned it first, in the "Profanities" thread in this forum section.

It doesn't matter who, but how. You'd think it would take at least a day for the regular users here to find a sizable amount, not a few hours.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:04:57 PM
(1) "500 error" every time I try to post in the forums; then, when I go back and try again, "This post is not unique". Same as others have described.

(2) I dislike that the banner now scrolls with the page (but I do like the new look of the banner).

(3) Notification number does not update (there's always a 7 next to my profile pic).

(4) Censorship has changed and as a result has become stricter. And apparently the change is unpredictable as Juggle didn't even mean for it to happen.

(5) This is Debate.org, not Opinion.org.

(6) Very slow when trying to view my own profile.

(7) Can't find my inbox (does it even exist anymore?).

(8) The fonts and layout seem less sleek to me.

I just feel like crawling in a hole until these issues are fixed... this site is practically unusable now, both from a technical and aesthetic aspect.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:06:33 PM
At 7/2/2013 6:57:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

This is also a big issue for me.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:09:02 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:07:40 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Hey at least they didn't fix the way to get around the swear filter.

Take that you fucking cocksuckers.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, nice opinion!
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:10:35 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:04:57 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
(1) "500 error" every time I try to post in the forums; then, when I go back and try again, "This post is not unique". Same as others have described.

(2) I dislike that the banner now scrolls with the page (but I do like the new look of the banner).

(3) Notification number does not update (there's always a 7 next to my profile pic).

(4) Censorship has changed and as a result has become stricter. And apparently the change is unpredictable as Juggle didn't even mean for it to happen.

I just feel like crawling in a hole until these issues are fixed... this site is practically unusable now, both from a technical and aesthetic aspect.

Really? I actually think they're much more sleek and make the site look more modern.

That's not to say I like 2.0. But I will argue that visually, it's more sleek.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:11:35 PM

Click on the notifications thing. It's at the bottom.

"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:13:22 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:11:35 PM, phantom wrote:

What? No, it's at left-hand side of the screen.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:14:56 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:13:22 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

I mean, it's at the left-hand side of the screen when you a viewing your dashboard, which is pretty hilariously inefficient. I don't see anything at the bottom of the screen, however.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:16:04 PM

I don't see it on the bottom or left-hand side of the screen. I see nothing on the left-hand side of the screen...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:16:13 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:12:17 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
In case Juggle's thinking tl;dr:

Change it the f*ck back.

http://englishfromfriends.com...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:18:43 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:10:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Really? I actually think they're much more sleek and make the site look more modern.

I considered not adding that point at all since it's clearly subjective, but (in my opinion) everything about the forum's new layout seems clunkier, like it takes more room to display the same amount of information.

Also, I must test something: this is the test.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:19:51 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:18:43 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 7/2/2013 7:10:35 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

I considered not adding that point at all since it's clearly subjective, but (in my opinion) everything about the forum's new layout seems clunkier, like it takes more room to display the same amount of information.

Also, I must test something: this is the test.

Yeah, spaces between words and punctuation seem weird to me as well, like how little of a space there is after a colon.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:20:08 PM

Where?

It is where I said. Click the notifications thing where it shows your profile pic and at the bottom it says, "view all messages".
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:22:41 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:16:13 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 7/2/2013 7:12:17 PM, MassiveDump wrote:
In case Juggle's thinking tl;dr:

Change it the f*ck back.

http://englishfromfriends.com...

Oh come on, that's a load of p**p.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:28:32 PM
I agree. Let's keep b*tching until Juggle changes it. My biggest beef is that debates have now taken a back seat to opinions. I have to click on several things to freaking vote. And Juggle wants to improve voter participation...
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2013 7:28:48 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:20:08 PM, phantom wrote:

Where?

It is where I said. Click the notifications thing where it shows your profile pic and at the bottom it says, "view all messages".

Ohh, I thought you meant "Click on the "notifications" thing, which is on the bottom of the page". I found it now, thanks.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 2:12:20 PM
Not entirely sure if this ones my computer or the site but the profile pictures are very buggy I.e. random black patches appearing on them.
Turn around, go back.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 5:34:19 PM
At 7/2/2013 7:16:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
No orange pls. Blue was fine.

Orange is da bomb.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."