Jump to topic:

Opinions

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:27:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why where they even instituted in the first place?

They are such a huge fucking joke.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:31:06 AM
Because Juggle cares about the quantity of the people on it instead of the quality of the arguments presented. Money talks.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:32:30 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:31:06 AM, Subutai wrote:
Because Juggle cares about the quantity of the people on it instead of the quality of the arguments presented. Money talks.

Debate.org has never been a money making tool for Juggle; he has other multi-million dollar companies that do this for him.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:34:51 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:32:30 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 7/3/2013 11:31:06 AM, Subutai wrote:

Debate.org has never been a money making tool for Juggle; he has other multi-million dollar companies that do this for him.

I thought that until they put in ads when not logged in. Given all the anonymous people who post in the opinions section, they are at least making a sizable amount. Every dollar counts.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:58:34 AM
While it is a joke, as long as it doesn't take away from the forums or the debates why should we care? Just because we don't use it doesn't mean other people don't.

And as a person who runs a website, I can tell you that getting increased site traffic is always exciting.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:01:27 PM
At 7/3/2013 11:58:34 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
While it is a joke, as long as it doesn't take away from the forums or the debates why should we care? Just because we don't use it doesn't mean other people don't.

And as a person who runs a website, I can tell you that getting increased site traffic is always exciting.

I tend to agree.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 3:12:19 PM

Does this mean your going to be doing lists:

"10 secret reasons why the government is really super evil"
"5 Democratic presidents who sucked at the job"
"20 Awesome Republicans with nice racks"

You can also posts pictures of lulz cats around your website and pics of girls w/ skimpy clothes. Or lulz cats and girls w/ skimpy clothes!
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 3:12:59 PM
At 7/3/2013 3:12:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:

You can also posts pictures of lulz cats around your website and pics of girls w/ skimpy clothes. Or lulz cats and girls w/ skimpy clothes!

Okay point made.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 3:33:45 PM
Opinions has been around longer than Juggle has owned DDO as juggle.debate but it is true that it is a huge part of the traffic that they receive, and as such it is a large part of the revenue that keeps the rest of this going.

We are trying to integrate the quality with the quantity, to get the best of both. As such they will be linked together and I predict that we will see them getting more linked in the future. I don't really see why you would be against this. It is little more than removing barriers to allow a free exchange of ideas, a free market of thought, so to say. And the free market is supposed to be good for all, right?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 3:34:00 PM
At 7/3/2013 3:33:45 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Opinions has been around longer than Juggle has owned DDO as juggle.debate but it is true that it is a huge part of the traffic that they receive, and as such it is a large part of the revenue that keeps the rest of this going.

We are trying to integrate the quality with the quantity, to get the best of both. As such they will be linked together and I predict that we will see them getting more linked in the future. I don't really see why you would be against this. It is little more than removing barriers to allow a free exchange of ideas, a free market of thought, so to say. And the free market is supposed to be good for all, right?

opps, I just turned it political.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 4:14:45 PM
At 7/3/2013 3:12:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Can you link me to this one? ;)

DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right