Jump to topic:

Quick Update from Juggle

Debate.org_Official
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:45:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Debate.org is a place where we want you to make your voice heard, and we have heard you. Our goal is to enhance the site in ways that make it more accessible for everyone who chooses to use it.

We've heard your feedback regarding more prominent featuring of debates, increased voter participation and team debates. Some adjustments will take longer to implement, but we have made these quick changes today to address a number of the concerns that the community has brought to our attention within the last 24 hours:

-Mobile devices will no longer have the persistent header. This will prevent the header from dominating the screenspace when zooming in and out.

-We have changed the background of the site, removing the patterned background and replacing it with a solid color.

-We increased the default font size for the site so that it was easier to read.

-We added a direct link to your Message inbox from the header dropdown.

Regarding the content filtering for profanities, that was updated throughout the site, but not consciously. We had two versions of a "bad word" list that were being used in various places throughout the site. Rather than maintaining two lists separately, we combined them into one. It was something we did more as an efficiency-gain, not as an attempt to become more restrictive. We have reverted that change and the filters should now be as they were before the release.

In the future, we plan on providing settings for you to customize some parts of your experience on Debate.org, but for now we have made the changes above to rectify the major issues you have brought to our attention.

If you are still experiencing general site slowness and 500 server errors, please reach out to us via PM and explain exactly what you were doing when said error occurred.

Thanks again for providing us with feedback. We care about the success and development of Debate.org and realize without the community that is not possible.

Moreover, please let us know of any further improvements to the new design you would like to see in the near future.

Thanks!
The Debate.org Team
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:49:41 AM
Awesome.

But your "bad word" filter still sucks.

fucking ass

^That wasn't directed at anybody; it was simply an exposition.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:49:52 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:45:52 AM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
Debate.org is a place where we want you to make your voice heard, and we have heard you. Our goal is to enhance the site in ways that make it more accessible for everyone who chooses to use it.

We've heard your feedback regarding more prominent featuring of debates, increased voter participation and team debates. Some adjustments will take longer to implement, but we have made these quick changes today to address a number of the concerns that the community has brought to our attention within the last 24 hours:

-Mobile devices will no longer have the persistent header. This will prevent the header from dominating the screenspace when zooming in and out.

-We have changed the background of the site, removing the patterned background and replacing it with a solid color.

-We increased the default font size for the site so that it was easier to read.

-We added a direct link to your Message inbox from the header dropdown.

Regarding the content filtering for profanities, that was updated throughout the site, but not consciously. We had two versions of a "bad word" list that were being used in various places throughout the site. Rather than maintaining two lists separately, we combined them into one. It was something we did more as an efficiency-gain, not as an attempt to become more restrictive. We have reverted that change and the filters should now be as they were before the release.

In the future, we plan on providing settings for you to customize some parts of your experience on Debate.org, but for now we have made the changes above to rectify the major issues you have brought to our attention.

If you are still experiencing general site slowness and 500 server errors, please reach out to us via PM and explain exactly what you were doing when said error occurred.

Thanks again for providing us with feedback. We care about the success and development of Debate.org and realize without the community that is not possible.

Moreover, please let us know of any further improvements to the new design you would like to see in the near future.

Thanks!
The Debate.org Team

Why is it that yesterday this account said that no changes had been made to the content filter? Was that an unintentional oversight? I'm still very confused how that came to be.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:50:22 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:49:41 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Awesome.

fucking ass

Your intentional circumvention of the content filter is getting old.
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:52:54 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:50:22 AM, YYW wrote:
Awesome.

fucking ass

You say it like it was ever designed to please you lol
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:53:30 AM
Great new changes! Now to do something about that homepage ...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:54:30 AM
Getting better! Please update the main page to focus on debates.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Debate.org_Official
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:54:54 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:49:52 AM, YYW wrote:

Why is it that yesterday this account said that no changes had been made to the content filter? Was that an unintentional oversight? I'm still very confused how that came to be.

This was simply a matter of miscommunication within the Juggle team. We apologize for any inconveniences and confusion. We rectified the problem as soon as we became aware.
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:56:04 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:54:26 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/3/2013 11:53:30 AM, 000ike wrote:
Great new changes! Now to do something about that homepage ...

Bah, who uses the homepage anyways?

000ike and myself!
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:59:19 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:54:30 AM, Magic8000 wrote:
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 11:59:31 AM
At 7/3/2013 11:54:54 AM, Debate.org_Official wrote:
At 7/3/2013 11:49:52 AM, YYW wrote:

This was simply a matter of miscommunication within the Juggle team. We apologize for any inconveniences and confusion. We rectified the problem as soon as we became aware.

Ok.
Tsar of DDO
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:00:01 PM
At 7/3/2013 11:50:22 AM, YYW wrote:
Awesome.

fucking ass

It's still pretty amusing to me. :)
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:01:31 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:00:10 PM, drafterman wrote:
The top bar is still stationary on iPad, but I like that.

I'd like it if it was smaller, or even if it stayed the same size when I zoomed. As it is, if I enlarge stuff, it enlarges that thing to ridonkulous amounts.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:03:41 PM
At 7/3/2013 11:59:19 AM, Subutai wrote:

I am quite fond of it now. DDO is better now.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:04:37 PM
Testing. Yes this works much better on my phone. Thanks juggle. I can see what I type and can view messages.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:05:08 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:03:41 PM, FrackJack wrote:
At 7/3/2013 11:59:19 AM, Subutai wrote:

I am quite fond of it now. DDO is better now.

Debates>opinions.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:05:15 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:01:31 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I'd like it if it was smaller, or even if it stayed the same size when I zoomed. As it is, if I enlarge stuff, it enlarges that thing to ridonkulous amounts.

It zooms a bit, then disappears.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:05:59 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:05:15 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 7/3/2013 12:01:31 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

It zooms a bit, then disappears.

Nvm, it was reloading. Yeah, that's redonkulous.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:10:39 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:07:52 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Is there any way you can extend this non-persistent header as an option for the computer?

Guys is it really that big of a deal that it scrolls? I mean, it saves me from having to scroll to the top of the forum pages after reading posts to get back to my dash.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:14:11 PM
Making the persistent header optional would be pretty kewl. Just saying.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:18:54 PM

Thank you!
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:21:35 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:10:39 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Is there any way you can extend this non-persistent header as an option for the computer?

Guys is it really that big of a deal that it scrolls? I mean, it saves me from having to scroll to the top of the forum pages after reading posts to get back to my dash.

I actually really like that part of the update.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:24:49 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:21:35 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 7/3/2013 12:10:39 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I actually really like that part of the update.

I find it convenient. And they shrank the banner a bit so now it's really good.
chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2013 12:35:23 PM
At 7/3/2013 12:14:11 PM, Noumena wrote:
Making the persistent header optional would be pretty kewl. Just saying.

This is a one of the customizable settings we are planning on implementing in the near future.