Jump to topic:

revamping the site

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 12:30:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm offline for a few days and they change the whole site? It appears to be mostly cosmetic this time and I like it, it looks more professional.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 1:31:35 AM
At 7/5/2013 12:30:55 AM, BennyW wrote:
I'm offline for a few days and they change the whole site? It appears to be mostly cosmetic this time and I like it, it looks more professional.

What are you talking about? It's been this way for months. How long were you in that coma?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 8:21:11 AM
At 7/5/2013 12:30:55 AM, BennyW wrote:

really? I thought that the old format looked more friendly and inviting. This is actually sickening to me.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 9:55:32 AM
Man, What the hell did you people do to this site!! What's with the endless delays with each mouse click. And the never ending message "long running script"

Is anyone else having this problem?

I think the DDO elite have finally found a way to get rid of me. This BS is intolerable. Especially this tinny little text they use when typing a post. Currier Really!!
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2013 3:58:36 PM
I tend not to care too much about the cosmetics of the site. The improvement that helps me the most is the ability to search the forums, and that's substantial. It seems to me the Opinions section is getting more emphasis, and that undermines the concept of a debate site, where opinions are not just stated, they are directly challenged.

I tried using the site with Explorer, and on my computer it loaded quickly. I've had no problems with FireFox. Some other complaints about the site were from people using cell phones for access. Maybe the problem has something to do with the hardware used or some software peculiarity. It's difficult to get a site to work well with all the combinations of hardware and software. Years ago, we used to write code with branches for different browsers, IF (IE6) THEN ...