Jump to topic:

DDO's New Makeover !

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 8:55:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Okay. So it looks like we are in a different dimension here today.
I admit, I prefer the blue back panel display over this brown and orange trim. And the options and layout was more intuitive and not so obstructive. The old way was better, and usually it is. =)
Anyway, what grade do you give this new look for DDO's site.
I give it a C+. It could be better. =)
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 9:29:57 AM
You're a bit late on this one, mate. Sorry. :(

Everybody and their mother have already talked about it ad nauseum.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 11:48:58 AM
There's nothing wrong with the design, so it doesn't hurt & doesn't help so this rating is entirely based on problems fixed v. problems created.

F- overall (bad homepage, nothing new introduced, expanded opinion page, nothing to improve voting, nothing to make debating more interesting despite all the suggestions thrown their way. There was absolutely nothing better about this change, just a few things got worse.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 12:26:53 PM
At 7/8/2013 11:48:58 AM, 000ike wrote:
... nothing new introduced, ...

The big new functional feature in my book is the ability to access the forums with web searches. A "makeover" is by definition only a change in the cosmetics, and I judge it as such. I agree that giving the Opinion section more prominence is a step backwards in terms of fostering debate.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 2:41:04 PM
A. My biggest pet peeve was that when viewing long messages, I'd have to scroll up and down everytime a new message is posted. Right now, it is a simple matter of refreshing upon seeing a new message since the bar at the top scrolls down along with you.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 6:12:03 PM
At 7/8/2013 11:45:34 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
A-

Some problems, but quite good overall.

Interesting. But it leaves one feeling a bit distant.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 6:12:15 PM
At 7/8/2013 11:45:34 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
A-

Some problems, but quite good overall.

Interesting. But it leaves one feeling a bit distant........
sleuth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2013 10:38:29 PM
B. I like some of the features, but on my browser the rich text fails at transferring my formatting from word and such, the text is like a type writer before I hit review, and I dislike how the notifications are done (it's all the same and hard to make it go away without a lot of clicking). Honestly if they are to keep it like this, they should make the notifications (like the profile pic all the way over) back to the "old" way--same coloring as this to avoid clashing, but "old" same format. Does that make sense? Maybe my problem is because I am using Opera, but I am not switching browsers over this, so yeah.