Jump to topic:

The DDO Noob Locator

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:27:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Eh. I think the question itself is definitely a bit strongly worded. Calling them wusses is seriously a bit strong, and definitely not logically sound for someone who claims to want people to "defend their opinions."

But still, I lul'd SO hard at "You are guilty of ad hominem." Can we make that a thing?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:34:23 PM
At 7/12/2013 11:27:54 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Eh. I think the question itself is definitely a bit strongly worded. Calling them wusses is seriously a bit strong, and definitely not logically sound for someone who claims to want people to "defend their opinions."

But still, I lul'd SO hard at "You are guilty of ad hominem." Can we make that a thing?

You are guilty of ad hominem hahaahhahahahahahahahhahahaha
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 11:37:15 PM

You sir, are guilty of Ad Hominem!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 12:58:55 AM
At 7/12/2013 11:37:15 PM, muzebreak wrote:

Everyone posting to this page, besides me, is a childish moron. Grow up you morons.

Why is it that many of you teenage boys have avatars of hot women. Are those the women you wish you could get laid by?

Maybe when you grow up you all will have girlfriends.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Mark Twain
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:05:09 AM
At 7/13/2013 12:58:55 AM, GWL-CPA wrote:

Everyone posting to this page, besides me, is a childish moron. Grow up you morons.

Oh, you return!

Why is it that many of you teenage boys have avatars of hot women. Are those the women you wish you could get laid by?

Your keen powers of deduction are hard at work, I see.

Zing! What a concept! I mean really... rofl

Now that that's out of the way, some follow up questions:

Tell me, GWL... why do you continue to post on DDO? What is the reason for your presence here? You go on and on... and no one cares. You call names, insult people and none whatsoever like you, value your perspective or care about you in any way. So, why are you here? Do you gain something by being here? Is this something you enjoy? Above all, do you think that you belong here -for whatever reason? Do you hold out hope that one day someone will think of you highly?
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:06:23 AM

Nah, they're just women I admire.

I've had plenty of girlfriends. They're kind of overrated.
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:09:13 AM

Damn, that's inspiring. Thanks for that.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:09:48 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:06:23 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

What's overrated about girlfriends?
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:14:06 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:09:48 AM, YYW wrote:

They're expensive and emotional and always end up hurting you. At least in my case. I'm happy being single for the time being.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:19:37 AM

I find it hard to believe there is a single moron on the site, some people with stupid beliefs maybe, but a bonafide more, I doubt it. And I'm proud of my childishness.

Why is it that many of you teenage boys have avatars of hot women.

Implying that the people who do have those avatars, off the top of my head TUF and CP, are teenagers.

Are those the women you wish you could get laid by?

What, you don't wish you could get laid by them? What other point would there be in having those pictures.

I had a girlfriend, it didn't go great, I hated her not long after we started dating. I don't need human contact. Turns out I was just looking for sex.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:19:59 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:14:06 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

They're expensive and emotional and always end up hurting you. At least in my case. I'm happy being single for the time being.

Dude, I think there are girls out there who aren't like that. I mean, most of my closest friends are girls -and they're not like that- and while I'm not saying that my friends are a representative sample of all women (lol @ the notion) I think it's just more a thing about being young and in relationships. I've found that a great way to solve that problem is to "date" and only date rather than being "together."
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:22:00 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:19:59 AM, YYW wrote:

Dude, I think there are girls out there who aren't like that. I mean, most of my closest friends are girls -and they're not like that- and while I'm not saying that my friends are a representative sample of all women (lol @ the notion) I think it's just more a thing about being young and in relationships. I've found that a great way to solve that problem is to "date" and only date rather than being "together."

Yeah I've been kind of put out by the whole dating scene. I need to get back into it but just haven't.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:25:32 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:22:00 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Yeah I've been kind of put out by the whole dating scene. I need to get back into it but just haven't.

Granted it might be different for heteros, but I really think it's possible to just "date" without having to get involved in all the unpleasantness of a relationship.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:26:32 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:25:32 AM, YYW wrote:

Granted it might be different for heteros, but I really think it's possible to just "date" without having to get involved in all the unpleasantness of a relationship.

No you can but I like relationships. For the most part. Just waiting for the right girl I suppose.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:28:52 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:26:32 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

No you can but I like relationships. For the most part. Just waiting for the right girl I suppose.

Well, plenty of girls out there, then. You're coming up on 5555 btw.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:34:55 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:28:52 AM, YYW wrote:

Yeah I just had a really bad year when it came to girls and relationships. Really bad luck and sh!tty situations.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:38:25 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:34:55 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Yeah I just had a really bad year when it came to girls and relationships. Really bad luck and sh!tty situations.

That actually kind of surprises me. I would think that you'd be the kind of guy who would land an emotionally stable girl.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:40:01 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:38:25 AM, YYW wrote:

That actually kind of surprises me. I would think that you'd be the kind of guy who would land an emotionally stable girl.

I thought so too. I mean, I think I'm a good boyfriend. I treat every girl I date like gold. But I don't know. Bad luck I guess.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:41:28 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:40:01 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/13/2013 1:38:25 AM, YYW wrote:

I thought so too. I mean, I think I'm a good boyfriend. I treat every girl I date like gold. But I don't know. Bad luck I guess.

What do you mean "like gold"?
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:44:27 AM

Well I respect women a lot so I treat them as well as I possibly can.
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:52:40 AM

Thank you for voting!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 1:56:18 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:44:27 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Ehh, I don't know. I do know that when one person in a relationship goes out of their way to be "the perfect mate" the other partner either comes to feel entitled to it or get's bored with it and the "perfect mate" in that situation feels undervalued. Even still, I'm not one to give out relationship advice...

I've sort of been in that situation, though. The first and second guys I dated, I did basically the same thing. Took them out to eat at nice restaurants where I paid (and often), bought them things "just because I was thinking about them," surprised them with unexpected trips, etc. although doing that sort of thing was easier then because I didn't have bills to pay every month. I think you have to find a balance, though. Maybe one surprise dinner out every two weeks or so, and a "gift" every other month. Balance is key, and emotional needs too.

The problem I always ran into is the classic "You don't talk to me about things" to which I say "Well, I didn't want you to worry about my life" and that followed by "we're in a relationship! I want to worry about your life because I care about you!" and then "I care about you, and that's why I don't want to tell you about the bad in my life." It usually takes about three or four months to get to that point, but it usually does eventually get to that point. I'm "distant" and "emotionally disengaged," or at least that seems to be the theme of why I don't do relationships well.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 2:14:49 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:56:18 AM, YYW wrote:
At 7/13/2013 1:44:27 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Ehh, I don't know. I do know that when one person in a relationship goes out of their way to be "the perfect mate" the other partner either comes to feel entitled to it or get's bored with it and the "perfect mate" in that situation feels undervalued. Even still, I'm not one to give out relationship advice...

I've sort of been in that situation, though. The first and second guys I dated, I did basically the same thing. Took them out to eat at nice restaurants where I paid (and often), bought them things "just because I was thinking about them," surprised them with unexpected trips, etc. although doing that sort of thing was easier then because I didn't have bills to pay every month. I think you have to find a balance, though. Maybe one surprise dinner out every two weeks or so, and a "gift" every other month. Balance is key, and emotional needs too.

The problem I always ran into is the classic "You don't talk to me about things" to which I say "Well, I didn't want you to worry about my life" and that followed by "we're in a relationship! I want to worry about your life because I care about you!" and then "I care about you, and that's why I don't want to tell you about the bad in my life." It usually takes about three or four months to get to that point, but it usually does eventually get to that point. I'm "distant" and "emotionally disengaged," or at least that seems to be the theme of why I don't do relationships well.

Huh. Maybe I do need to tone down that stuff then. It's worth a shot. I've been super emotionally distant lately, even with myself. I just try not to feel much of anything these days. It's much simpler.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 9:38:29 AM

Why is it that you have an avatar of a dog? Is that the dog you wish you could get laid by?

<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 9:39:37 AM

You are guilty of ad hominem.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 10:14:02 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:05:09 AM, YYW wrote:

Oh, you return!

Tell me, GWL... why do you continue to post on DDO? What is the reason for your presence here? You go on and on... and no one cares. You call names, insult people and none whatsoever like you, value your perspective or care about you in any way. So, why are you here? Do you gain something by being here? Is this something you enjoy? Above all, do you think that you belong here -for whatever reason? Do you hold out hope that one day someone will think of you highly?

Why do you care?

I don't live my life worrying about whether a bunch of immature little teenage punks like me or not.

I just can't pass up stupid little forums like this. Why are these people at DDO?

This is supposed to be a serious debate site; not a nonsense site for immature teenagers.

Anyway, your two-cents is worth about a penny.
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Mark Twain
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 10:15:15 AM
At 7/13/2013 1:09:13 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

Damn, that's inspiring. Thanks for that.

You are welcome; I am glad you are inspired.

Mark Twain
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2013 10:15:39 AM
At 7/13/2013 10:14:02 AM, GWL-CPA wrote:
At 7/13/2013 1:05:09 AM, YYW wrote:

Oh, you return!

Why do you care?

I don't live my life worrying about whether a bunch of immature little teenage punks like me or not.

I just can't pass up stupid little forums like this. Why are these people at DDO?

This is supposed to be a serious debate site; not a nonsense site for immature teenagers.

Anyway, your two-cents is worth about a penny.

BURN except no.