Jump to topic:

It was brought to my attention

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 12:55:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
It was brought to my attention that I am hated by the DDO community. My source will remain unnamed.

Is this true, and if so why? If you have an issue with me than tell me so I can fix the issue.

I will like to hear some responses, and if I am really as hated as I was lead to believe than I will make a decision on whether or not to close my account.

I will not remain in a community where I am unwelcome. I thought I had allot of friends here, but apparently I was wrong.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:10:09 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:07:34 AM, tulle wrote:
I have an idea---just be nicer to people?

I am nice to people. The only time I have ever been mean to someone was when they were mean to me first. Most of the time I ignore them, unless they are slandering me.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:11:54 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:05:40 AM, Sargon wrote:
I've never encountered you, but you seem to complain a lot.

I mostly hang out in the economics or political section.

How do I complain allot? Maybe it is something I can improve on. Can you please provide a little more detail?
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:12:15 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:10:09 AM, DanT wrote:

I am nice to people. The only time I have ever been mean to someone was when they were mean to me first. Most of the time I ignore them, unless they are slandering me.

As far as I remember, I had never spoken to you before you pretty much called me a worthless member.
yang.
Sargon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:13:32 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:11:54 AM, DanT wrote:

How do I complain allot? Maybe it is something I can improve on. Can you please provide a little more detail?

When somebody votes against your side, and you think it's a vot ebomb, send a link to Airmax. Airmax will give his opinion. If he disagrees, it's unlikely that you'll get a counter. If he agrees, tell someone, and you'll get a counter. You don't need to start a thread or post in the comments.

You can always promote the debate. That way, fair voters will balance out the biased ones.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:15:43 AM
At 7/20/2013 12:55:53 AM, DanT wrote:
It was brought to my attention that I am hated by the DDO community. My source will remain unnamed.

Is this true, and if so why? If you have an issue with me than tell me so I can fix the issue.

I will like to hear some responses, and if I am really as hated as I was lead to believe than I will make a decision on whether or not to close my account.

I will not remain in a community where I am unwelcome. I thought I had allot of friends here, but apparently I was wrong.

Why gives a damn what anyone on this site thinks about you?
Sargon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:18:53 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:15:43 AM, Wnope wrote:

Another fine point.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:18:59 AM

DanT, take note of this post.

Someone who has NEVER encountered you before has the preconception that you are annoying.

Why?

Because you put yourself forward on the main debate page acting like a child. Every time you publicly respond to "slander" people interpret it as complaining.

There's no problem that Airmax could not have solved with a few PMs. When you then appeal to juggle publicly stating someone should be banned, can you see why people might get a negative image?

The more you bring attention to yourself, the worse it will get.

Whatever you think this "hatred" about you is, I guarantee that two weeks after these threads of yours die down, it won't even be remembered.
yin.yang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:22:49 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:14:09 AM, tulle wrote:
This is why I personally don't like you: http://www.debate.org...

Just sayin'.

DanT, after reading that link, I think I have some suggestions lol. I was going to say something in your defense, as I only know you in passing and didn't have a problem with you, but you've got some nerve. How can you possibly chastise a member for not wanting to stick around in the face of jimtimmy's racist garbage, then turn around and create two treads complaining about other members and your reputation on this site LOL!

If you're making a poll on whether you should stay or not, I'd like to chime in.
Maikuru and tulle.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:23:49 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:22:49 AM, yin.yang wrote:

Just sayin'.

DanT, after reading that link, I think I have some suggestions lol. I was going to say something in your defense, as I only know you in passing and didn't have a problem with you, but you've got some nerve. How can you possibly chastise a member for not wanting to stick around in the face of jimtimmy's racist garbage, then turn around and create two treads complaining about other members and your reputation on this site LOL!

If you're making a poll on whether you should stay or not, I'd like to chime in.

I don't know who this guy is but he makes some good points and is sexually attractive, or so I hear.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:31:28 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:12:15 AM, tulle wrote:
At 7/20/2013 1:10:09 AM, DanT wrote:

As far as I remember, I had never spoken to you before you pretty much called me a worthless member.

???? I don't remember ever doing that..... That does not sound like something I would say or do.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:35:59 AM

Just sayin'.

I didn't call you a worthless member. You gave an ultimatum to stay only if several other members were banned. I said that you are not that important of a member that DDO would ban multiple other members to keep you. I don't think anyone is that important, unless they are celebrity who can draw members to DDO simply by being present on the site.

You misunderstood what I said.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:36:28 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:13:32 AM, Sargon wrote:
At 7/20/2013 1:11:54 AM, DanT wrote:

When somebody votes against your side, and you think it's a vot ebomb, send a link to Airmax. Airmax will give his opinion. If he disagrees, it's unlikely that you'll get a counter. If he agrees, tell someone, and you'll get a counter. You don't need to start a thread or post in the comments.

You can always promote the debate. That way, fair voters will balance out the biased ones.

OK, I didn't know I could do that.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:36:52 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:18:59 AM, Wnope wrote:
I guarantee that two weeks after these threads of yours die down, it won't even be remembered.

I second this. Doubly so given the current debate shortage, people are on edge; maybe even seeking conflict.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:38:00 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:15:43 AM, Wnope wrote:

Because I don't want to be part of a community that hates me.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:42:32 AM

Just sayin'.

Not what I chastised her for. I chastised her for giving DDO an ultimatum to ban multiple members in order to keep her around.

Here is what I said
"If you want them gone, petition them being expelled. Honestly you are not that important of a member, that we will resort to banning several other members just to keep you on....

I really hate it when people are so conceded that they feel an organization will lose several other customers, just to keep their business. News Flash, you aren't that important."
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 1:48:57 AM

No I am asking how many people hate me, and for what reasons. Based on number of people who hate me, and the reasons given of why they hate me, I will make a decision on whether to leave DDO or to stay.
My decision would be based on if I could fix the problem by improving myself, and if as many people hate me as I was led to believe.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 2:22:01 AM
At 7/20/2013 1:35:59 AM, DanT wrote:

Just sayin'.

I didn't call you a worthless member. You gave an ultimatum to stay only if several other members were banned.

That's 100% false. I stated that I was leaving and why.

I said that you are not that important of a member that DDO would ban multiple other members to keep you. I don't think anyone is that important, unless they are celebrity who can draw members to DDO simply by being present on the site.

I don't know where you're getting the "multiple" members from. I said I was leaving because I was tired of jimtimmy's garbage, and later confirmed in the thread that it was that, plus the site's general tolerance of it that provided an environment hostile enough for me to not want to stay.

Your response that I'm not that important was unnecessary. And as Maikuru pointed out, your multiple threads and complaints are not that different.
yang.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 2:39:37 AM
At 7/20/2013 2:22:01 AM, tulle wrote:

Just sayin'.

I didn't call you a worthless member. You gave an ultimatum to stay only if several other members were banned.

I said that you are not that important of a member that DDO would ban multiple other members to keep you. I don't think anyone is that important, unless they are celebrity who can draw members to DDO simply by being present on the site.

I don't know where you're getting the "multiple" members from. I said I was leaving because I was tired of jimtimmy's garbage, and later confirmed in the thread that it was that, plus the site's general tolerance of it that provided an environment hostile enough for me to not want to stay.

Your response that I'm not that important was unnecessary. And as Maikuru pointed out, your multiple threads and complaints are not that different.

At the time I thought you were also asking for askbob to be banned along with JimTimmy. Thats why at the time I said "I really hate it when people are so conceded that they feel an origination will lose several other customers, just to keep their business. "

Looks like a miscommunication on both ends. That was a year ago, I can't believe you remembered that.
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 2:40:46 AM

I've only been here for a few months and don't hang around the forums very much but I've only ever heard people say bad things about you and, judging from what you said to tulle, I would probably try and avoid you in all honesty.
I'm back (ish).
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 2:46:33 AM
At 7/20/2013 2:39:37 AM, DanT wrote:

Just sayin'.

At the time I thought you were also asking for askbob to be banned along with JimTimmy. Thats why at the time I said "I really hate it when people are so conceded that they feel an origination will lose several other customers, just to keep their business. "

Looks like a miscommunication on both ends. That was a year ago, I can't believe you remembered that.

From what I remember of the offensive misinfo JimTimmy use to spout, I never felt as if it was motivated by racist intentions or genuine feelings of racism. I felt he was just very misinformed, and he just ran with that misinformation.

He was actually very open to reason, so long as you didn't call him racist. More so than most people I've come across.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 2:54:08 AM
At 7/20/2013 2:40:46 AM, orangemayhem wrote:

I've only been here for a few months and don't hang around the forums very much but I've only ever heard people say bad things about you
So people are talking about me, rather than coming to me directly. :(
What did you hear about me?
and, judging from what you said to tulle, I would probably try and avoid you in all honesty.

What is so wrong about saying "If you want them gone, petition them being expelled. Honestly you are not that important of a member, that we will resort to banning several other members just to keep you on"???

All I was saying was that if you have an issue with a member you should petition for them to be banned rather than giving an ultimatum.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 3:00:50 AM
Your response that I'm not that important was unnecessary.

You mean when I said "I really hate it when people are so conceded that they feel an origination will lose several other customers, just to keep their business. News Flash, you aren't that important."

When it comes to things I say, you can't just focus on one word or phrase. I was not saying you were unimportant, I was saying that you was not important enough to force juggle to ban multiple people just to keep you around. Hence the use of the word "that" to signify relativity.

And as Maikuru pointed out, your multiple threads and complaints are not that different.

I rarely make threads to complain, unless I feel something has gotten way out of hand.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 3:02:38 AM
tulle that was over a year ago and there was miscommunication on both ends. I misunderstood what you were saying, and you misunderstood my response.

Can we put it behind us and be friends?
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 3:07:14 AM
@Dan---No, I was not asking for askbob to be banned. I actually like askbob. I also never once said I wanted JT to be banned. The post specifically said that as long as he was around, I wouldn't be. That was it. Whether or not he chose to stay was irrelevant. It was about DDO becoming a hostile environment and me no longer wanting to stick around. And directly after JT saying "good riddance", you came along with a post that appeared to be attacking me for no reason.

Anyway, I can't speak for anyone else. All I can tell you is that, to me, you came off as rude and insulting. I had never spoken to you before and I had felt like your comments were unwarranted and unnecessary. Maybe you can be more aware of how you come across when you talk to people if you want to be liked. Because yeah, it happened over a year ago and I haven't liked you since.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 3:10:38 AM
At 7/20/2013 3:02:38 AM, DanT wrote:
tulle that was over a year ago and there was miscommunication on both ends. I misunderstood what you were saying, and you misunderstood my response.

Can we put it behind us and be friends?

Sure. I appreciate that you weren't intentionally insulting me and you genuinely want to rectify it :)
yang.