Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Overpopulation

SummerLynn1977
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:28:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Overpopulation is now the leading environmental problem known to man; impacting the environment which is causing devastating changes affecting life on earth in multiple ways. The term overpopulation does not refer to the number of people, but to earth's capacity to sustain life indefinitely taking in consideration its available resources: land, food, water, and other necessities for life. There are currently over 7 billion people in the world today. It is projected that 7 billion will grow to 9 billion by 2050. That is 2 billion in less than 37 years. The human global monopoly is beginning to interfere with the earth's atmosphere and life on earth. There is no quick and easy solution to solving overpopulation and although these issues are overwhelming and seem irreversible the time to start implementing innovative ways to control population growth globally is now.
Summer
Subutai
Posts: 3,177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:59:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Science forum that way ---------->
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 3:39:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:59:39 PM, Subutai wrote:
Science forum that way ---------->

Wouldn't it fit better in health??
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 3:52:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Nah. Probably fit best in Society.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 3:53:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Or in Funny, but that all depends on how you feel about Overpopulation.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 5:17:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 2:28:37 PM, SummerLynn1977 wrote:
Overpopulation is now the leading environmental problem known to man; impacting the environment which is causing devastating changes affecting life on earth in multiple ways. The term overpopulation does not refer to the number of people, but to earth's capacity to sustain life indefinitely taking in consideration its available resources: land, food, water, and other necessities for life. There are currently over 7 billion people in the world today. It is projected that 7 billion will grow to 9 billion by 2050. That is 2 billion in less than 37 years. The human global monopoly is beginning to interfere with the earth's atmosphere and life on earth. There is no quick and easy solution to solving overpopulation and although these issues are overwhelming and seem irreversible the time to start implementing innovative ways to control population growth globally is now.

False the world isn't overpopulated. As a matter of fact, if everyone in the world had the same living space as NYC then the whole world population could fit into Texas.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 5:32:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Lannan. This doesn't have anything to do with the conversation. I just wanted to say that the opener to your signature is amazing.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 6:02:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 5:17:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:
False the world isn't overpopulated. As a matter of fact, if everyone in the world had the same living space as NYC then the whole world population could fit into Texas.
Overpopulation is rarely defined as too many people per area on the planet. What is meant by the term is too many people than can be sustained by available resources, or the scarcity of the latter -- and harm to the environment.

We can have 50 billion people in America or Europe alone. Whether or not we can sustain them enough to live modest lives, and avoid harming the environment, is what is questionable. More people means more need for resources to sustain them. That becomes more difficult over time.

The good news is that technology has solutions, Ma'ams.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 6:09:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 5:17:14 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/26/2013 2:28:37 PM, SummerLynn1977 wrote:
Overpopulation is now the leading environmental problem known to man; impacting the environment which is causing devastating changes affecting life on earth in multiple ways. The term overpopulation does not refer to the number of people, but to earth's capacity to sustain life indefinitely taking in consideration its available resources: land, food, water, and other necessities for life. There are currently over 7 billion people in the world today. It is projected that 7 billion will grow to 9 billion by 2050. That is 2 billion in less than 37 years. The human global monopoly is beginning to interfere with the earth's atmosphere and life on earth. There is no quick and easy solution to solving overpopulation and although these issues are overwhelming and seem irreversible the time to start implementing innovative ways to control population growth globally is now.

False the world isn't overpopulated. As a matter of fact, if everyone in the world had the same living space as NYC then the whole world population could fit into Texas.

This....

NYC's population density is 27,550/sq mi.

Texas is 268,581 sq mi.
The global population is 7,167,495,929.

7,167,495,929 people / 268,581 sq mi = 26,686.53/sq mi.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 6:30:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Please continue this in the correct forum.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 6:50:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/26/2013 6:30:03 PM, Ragnar wrote:
Please continue this in the correct forum.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015