Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Is the acronym DDO really a very good idea?

BornToDebate
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 7:28:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DDO is more popularly known as dungeons and dragons online... This could make it hard to get famous as an internet site.
dilfilly fung fing
Subutai
Posts: 4,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 7:32:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
D ---> Debate
D ---> Dot
O ---> Org
Don't let this site's demise affect you:

- Make an account on eDeb8
- Message Mikal to transfer your stats to eDeb8 (if you want them transferred)
- Contact any friends on here you'd like to stay in contact with
- Download any debates you'd like archived (go here: http://webpagetopdf.com...)
- Download as many mafia games as you can to preserve stats and history
Ragnar
Posts: 1,775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 7:38:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How old is this website?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 7:42:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Haha, I had no idea who put the second D in there. Kinda weird. But works for me.

Besides, getting confused with dungeons and dragons isn't necessarily a bad thing. It might draw new people in.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 8:01:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2013 7:42:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Haha, I had no idea who put the second D in there. Kinda weird. But works for me.

Besides, getting confused with dungeons and dragons isn't necessarily a bad thing. It might draw new people in.

Pretty sure Poejoe first suggested DDO after the site switched over from debate.com. I'm also pretty sure he was widely mocked and criticized for it.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
imabench
Posts: 21,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 8:04:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2013 7:42:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Haha, I had no idea who put the second D in there

Well everyone on the internet loves a good set of double D's.....
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 8:57:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"DDO" is too ingrained in the DDO cultural psyche to ever change.
But if the chance remains
to see those better days,
I'd cut the cannons down.

- Vampire Weekend "Giving Up the Gun"
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:07:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2013 7:28:50 PM, BornToDebate wrote:
DDO is more popularly known as dungeons and dragons online... This could make it hard to get famous as an internet site.

I'm sure we'll survive.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:10:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This DDO was here before Dungeons and Dragons Online, they should change THEIR acronym.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
airmax1227
Posts: 13,707
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:17:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2013 9:10:12 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This DDO was here before Dungeons and Dragons Online, they should change THEIR acronym.

Amazingly, DDO is even more niche than Dungeons and Dragons Online... I don't think they are gona be changing anytime soon. But if it comes down to a battle to the death I trust we have the ability to argue our way through it better.
Debate.org Moderator
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:25:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2013 9:17:07 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:10:12 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This DDO was here before Dungeons and Dragons Online, they should change THEIR acronym.

Amazingly, DDO is even more niche than Dungeons and Dragons Online... I don't think they are gona be changing anytime soon. But if it comes down to a battle to the death I trust we have the ability to argue our way through it better.

But we can't combat high level magic! WE JUST CAN'T DO IT!

Our initiative is sadly low. We make up for it in intelligence but when it comes to mana, magic damage and strength based DPS we're going to get slaughtered!
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
FrackJack
Posts: 1,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:39:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2013 9:25:26 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:17:07 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:10:12 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This DDO was here before Dungeons and Dragons Online, they should change THEIR acronym.

Amazingly, DDO is even more niche than Dungeons and Dragons Online... I don't think they are gona be changing anytime soon. But if it comes down to a battle to the death I trust we have the ability to argue our way through it better.

But we can't combat high level magic! WE JUST CAN'T DO IT!

Our initiative is sadly low. We make up for it in intelligence but when it comes to mana, magic damage and strength based DPS we're going to get slaughtered!

Their keyboards are sticky though.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:39:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2013 9:39:04 PM, FrackJack wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:25:26 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:17:07 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:10:12 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This DDO was here before Dungeons and Dragons Online, they should change THEIR acronym.

Amazingly, DDO is even more niche than Dungeons and Dragons Online... I don't think they are gona be changing anytime soon. But if it comes down to a battle to the death I trust we have the ability to argue our way through it better.

But we can't combat high level magic! WE JUST CAN'T DO IT!

Our initiative is sadly low. We make up for it in intelligence but when it comes to mana, magic damage and strength based DPS we're going to get slaughtered!

Their keyboards are sticky though.

HA.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
FrackJack
Posts: 1,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 9:40:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/29/2013 9:39:26 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:39:04 PM, FrackJack wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:25:26 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:17:07 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 7/29/2013 9:10:12 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
This DDO was here before Dungeons and Dragons Online, they should change THEIR acronym.

Amazingly, DDO is even more niche than Dungeons and Dragons Online... I don't think they are gona be changing anytime soon. But if it comes down to a battle to the death I trust we have the ability to argue our way through it better.

But we can't combat high level magic! WE JUST CAN'T DO IT!

Our initiative is sadly low. We make up for it in intelligence but when it comes to mana, magic damage and strength based DPS we're going to get slaughtered!

Their keyboards are sticky though.

HA.

We can just troll them out of it.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...