Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Can somebody explain this to me?

Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 11:38:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/11/2009 5:12:35 PM, Broken wrote:
http://www.Debate.org...
How is he winning 14-0 if he argued against his own side of the case?

He took the con side, you knew that, you tried to exploit a 'typo' and people are not buying it. Rightly so!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 5:41:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/12/2009 3:16:06 AM, Broken wrote:
So I'm losing because my opponent is an idiot?

No, you lose because you say things like this.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 9:04:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/12/2009 3:16:06 AM, Broken wrote:
So I'm losing because my opponent is an idiot?

No you are loosing because your opponent made a normal everday mistake, and you are dishonourable. I personally don't have any sympathy.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Broken
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 3:29:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So conduct is worth more than the actual debate. I'm sorry that I didn't know that debating wasn't important on debate.org. Whatever.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 3:35:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/12/2009 3:29:59 PM, Broken wrote:
So conduct is worth more than the actual debate. I'm sorry that I didn't know that debating wasn't important on debate.org. Whatever.

I'm going to vote against you just to make you mad.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2009 4:17:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/12/2009 3:29:59 PM, Broken wrote:
So conduct is worth more than the actual debate. I'm sorry that I didn't know that debating wasn't important on debate.org. Whatever.

Doing things like this, i.e. Semantics was fun for a while but eventually it lose sits appeal.

And no, we like the debate ore than the conduct. You wanted to adhere to strict rules and format and tried to win via that route, but we decided the actual debating and arguments were more important
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 1:51:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/12/2009 3:29:59 PM, Broken wrote:
So conduct is worth more than the actual debate. I'm sorry that I didn't know that debating wasn't important on debate.org. Whatever.

No, no one actually said that. Please grow up.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Alexby1
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 10:35:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/11/2009 11:38:11 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/11/2009 5:12:35 PM, Broken wrote:
http://www.Debate.org...
How is he winning 14-0 if he argued against his own side of the case?

He took the con side, you knew that, you tried to exploit a 'typo' and people are not buying it. Rightly so!

Pro also made contentions that support the Con, didn't he … ?
Broken
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 10:38:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/13/2009 10:35:04 AM, Alexby1 wrote:
At 12/11/2009 11:38:11 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/11/2009 5:12:35 PM, Broken wrote:
http://www.Debate.org...
How is he winning 14-0 if he argued against his own side of the case?

He took the con side, you knew that, you tried to exploit a 'typo' and people are not buying it. Rightly so!

Pro also made contentions that support the Con, didn't he … ?

That's the point. They all think I'm evil for taking the debate so they voted against me.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 11:29:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/13/2009 10:38:34 AM, Broken wrote:
At 12/13/2009 10:35:04 AM, Alexby1 wrote:
At 12/11/2009 11:38:11 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/11/2009 5:12:35 PM, Broken wrote:
http://www.Debate.org...
How is he winning 14-0 if he argued against his own side of the case?

He took the con side, you knew that, you tried to exploit a 'typo' and people are not buying it. Rightly so!

Pro also made contentions that support the Con, didn't he … ?

That's the point. They all think I'm evil for taking the debate so they voted against me.

Yet if you ignored his mistake and just debated the topic we wouldn't think you're "evil"
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Broken
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 4:57:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/13/2009 11:29:05 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/13/2009 10:38:34 AM, Broken wrote:
At 12/13/2009 10:35:04 AM, Alexby1 wrote:
At 12/11/2009 11:38:11 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/11/2009 5:12:35 PM, Broken wrote:
http://www.Debate.org...
How is he winning 14-0 if he argued against his own side of the case?

He took the con side, you knew that, you tried to exploit a 'typo' and people are not buying it. Rightly so!

Pro also made contentions that support the Con, didn't he … ?

That's the point. They all think I'm evil for taking the debate so they voted against me.

Yet if you ignored his mistake and just debated the topic we wouldn't think you're "evil"

Whatever, I don't care anymore. I briefly forgot that I have random people judging the debates who vote sympathetically rather than based on the debate. Whatever, it's over anyways.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 1:09:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/13/2009 4:57:06 PM, Broken wrote:
At 12/13/2009 11:29:05 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/13/2009 10:38:34 AM, Broken wrote:
At 12/13/2009 10:35:04 AM, Alexby1 wrote:
At 12/11/2009 11:38:11 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/11/2009 5:12:35 PM, Broken wrote:
http://www.Debate.org...
How is he winning 14-0 if he argued against his own side of the case?

He took the con side, you knew that, you tried to exploit a 'typo' and people are not buying it. Rightly so!

Pro also made contentions that support the Con, didn't he … ?

That's the point. They all think I'm evil for taking the debate so they voted against me.

Yet if you ignored his mistake and just debated the topic we wouldn't think you're "evil"

Whatever, I don't care anymore. I briefly forgot that I have random people judging the debates who vote sympathetically rather than based on the debate. Whatever, it's over anyways.

Please leave.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.