Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

I'm Not Going to Be On Here As Much

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 12:32:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just found out my mother who is a prior cancer survivor has recently gotten her cancer back. So I'm at home right now spending much needed time with her, I have completed the rest of my debates, and will return shortly, however, now that her cancers returned her chances of survival fall from 75% likelihood to 54% likelihood. So, hopefully it never comes to this, but if she is going to die I would like to spend some much needed time with her. (Obviously though we're hoping she lives.)

Anyways, I know I'm an atheist on here, but any prayers you send my way and to my mother, I would greatly appreciate it (she's religious I'm not but I use to be, so I'm not hostile to a kind gesture)

Anyways, my two last debates are in my signature, so if you'd like to vote on them please fell free to do so when applicable. However, I just wanted to say if I do leave, goodbye to everyone on here and thank you for the fun times. Hopefully I'll be back to terror ... err ... debate you folks again! ;)
Thank you for voting!
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 1:09:14 AM

I don't know you very much Hitch, but I wish your mother the best, and hope she survives this bout with cancer.

Cancer is a terrible thing, and shouldn't happen to people. I lost my Grandfather to cancer a few months ago. I hope you don't have to feel pain like I did. I hope she isn't in much pain.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 1:11:26 AM
Sorry to hear that. I'll definitely try to keep her in mind when I pray,
(This is the 2nd time in about a week, that a relative of a DDOian had a cancer recurrence.)
You might be interested in this site, basically it's crowdsourced cancer research. You don't need any experience or expertise, you just analyze cells and classify them. It's to help researchers deal with data overload.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein , ,
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 11:31:06 AM
I've got a Bible study and prayer group every Thursday. We'll pray for you and your mom. I'll pray for you and your mother on my own as well.

A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name"s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me