Jump to topic:

DDO+Gay Marriage Debate=I'm gay!?

justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:21:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So, I've been involved in some of the gay marriage debates and so forth on this site... and now... whoever does the ads for this site thinks I'm looking for gay dating sites. I want to set my head on fire and delete all my cookies now. Has this happened to anyone else? It began right after a debate.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:22:53 PM
At 8/2/2013 3:21:05 PM, justin.graves wrote:
So, I've been involved in some of the gay marriage debates and so forth on this site... and now... whoever does the ads for this site thinks I'm looking for gay dating sites. I want to set my head on fire and delete all my cookies now. Has this happened to anyone else? It began right after a debate.

I get the same thins, but I think it's someone hackin' your account rather than Juggle.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:25:12 PM
At 8/2/2013 3:22:53 PM, lannan13 wrote:

I get the same thins, but I think it's someone hackin' your account rather than Juggle.

I'm deleting all my cookies and just stopped by the gas station for fuel. It's too late now.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:26:23 PM
At 8/2/2013 3:25:12 PM, justin.graves wrote:

I'm deleting all my cookies and just stopped by the gas station for fuel. It's too late now.

What ever you do don't click on the link or it is likely that your computer will get flooded with malware.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:28:44 PM
At 8/2/2013 3:26:23 PM, lannan13 wrote:

What ever you do don't click on the link or it is likely that your computer will get flooded with malware.

So now YOU are saying I'm gay? I have a girlfriend. (For the sarcasm impaired, that was sarcasm.)
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:30:18 PM
At 8/2/2013 3:28:44 PM, justin.graves wrote:

So now YOU are saying I'm gay? I have a girlfriend. (For the sarcasm impaired, that was sarcasm.)

No I'm not I'm just saying that's how it works, secondly it can also work by you just seeing the ad so malware could already be on your computer.

justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:33:53 PM
At 8/2/2013 3:30:18 PM, lannan13 wrote:

No I'm not I'm just saying that's how it works, secondly it can also work by you just seeing the ad so malware could already be on your computer.

Eh? That would mean DDO is virus filled because viruses and malware are software, you have to manually install them one way or another. Either by clicking "No" "X" "-" it really doesn't matter.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:36:58 PM
At 8/2/2013 3:33:53 PM, justin.graves wrote:
At 8/2/2013 3:30:18 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Eh? That would mean DDO is virus filled because viruses and malware are software, you have to manually install them one way or another. Either by clicking "No" "X" "-" it really doesn't matter.

No it doesn't matter, though I think Juggle would have a tight leash on this, but have you ever heard of a Trojan or a Worm. A worm just breaks through you system without installing and a Trojan says it's a good program but it isn't and your firewall allows it.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 4:13:35 PM
Here's a crazy idea, how about not debating gay marriage so much?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 4:18:36 PM
At 8/2/2013 4:13:35 PM, imabench wrote:
Here's a crazy idea, how about not debating gay marriage so much?

I think I've only done one...
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 4:43:34 PM

Simply seeing ads for gay dating sites makes you want to set your head on fire? I think you have problems.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 4:53:54 PM
At 8/2/2013 4:50:22 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
At 8/2/2013 4:48:37 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
You get adds?

You shouldn't so long as you remain logged in.

That's what I thought.
(I personally use Adblock (plus) on my PC. ( & yes I do pay/donate for it.))
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 5:08:00 PM
As I understand it, these kinds of ads seemed to be generated not by DDO but by some kind of aggregation of your google searches/ website visits. You were probably reading and searching a lot of stuff about gay people for the debate...just imagine how many gay dating ads contradiction gets ;)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 5:40:16 PM

justin.graves waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were gays -in the base. He didn"t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

justin was a heteronormative marauder for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the debates and he said to dad "I want to be on the debates daddy."

Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY GAYS"

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the main debate base of the UAC he knew there were gays.

"This is Joson" the radio crackered. "You must fight the gays!"

So justin gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.

"HE GOING TO DEBATE US" said the gays

"I will debate at him" said the cybergay and he fired the rocket missiles. justin plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.

"No! I must kill the gay" he shouted

The radio said "No, justin. You are the gays"

And then justin was a gay.

[And then justin's ad had malware.]
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 5:58:09 PM
At 8/2/2013 5:08:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
As I understand it, these kinds of ads seemed to be generated not by DDO but by some kind of aggregation of your google searches/ website visits. You were probably reading and searching a lot of stuff about gay people for the debate...just imagine how many gay dating ads contradiction gets ;)

Contradiction? What about 16kadams, he's done over 90 gay related debates, that's more than double the number of debates that contradiction has done total.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Enji
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 5:59:47 PM
I don't think they do any sort of add selection; I'm also getting advertisements for gay men dating sites and I'm a woman :|
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 6:53:23 PM
At 8/2/2013 3:40:46 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I use AdBlock. I haven't seen an online ad in months.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:07:04 PM
At 8/2/2013 5:59:47 PM, Enji wrote:
I don't think they do any sort of add selection; I'm also getting advertisements for gay men dating sites and I'm a woman :|

You've probably just been spending too much time with justin.chains
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:07:36 PM
At 8/2/2013 7:07:04 PM, thett3 wrote:

You've probably just been spending too much time with justin.graves

Not sure where "chains" came from...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:37:17 PM
At 8/2/2013 7:05:59 PM, Wnope wrote:
Quick question: ever do any research for gay marriage debates that might involve being on pro-gay websites?

Yes. I have.
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:38:40 PM
At 8/2/2013 7:07:36 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/2/2013 7:07:04 PM, thett3 wrote:

You've probably just been spending too much time with justin.graves

Not sure where "chains" came from...

I'm not sure either... not sure whether it's a good or a bad thing... probably bad...
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:42:59 PM
At 8/2/2013 7:37:17 PM, justin.graves wrote:
At 8/2/2013 7:05:59 PM, Wnope wrote:
Quick question: ever do any research for gay marriage debates that might involve being on pro-gay websites?

Yes. I have.

Well, legal targeted advertised usually targets you using whatever sites you visit. For instance, a few weeks ago I looked at a digital record on amazon. A few days ago an advertisement pops up on some website for a nearly identical product.

Illegal targeted advertising might actually be keylogging everything you write and saw the words "gay' too much, but doesn't sound likely.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 7:44:34 PM
And this is why the Lord delivered unto us Ad Block Plus.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 8:26:46 PM

Maybe it has something to do with all those gay dating sites you go to.
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 8:30:35 PM
At 8/2/2013 8:26:46 PM, drafterman wrote:

Maybe it has something to do with all those gay dating sites you go to.

I have a girlfriend-ish. As much as you can have a girlfriend in high school... when your parents are Christian and against high school dating. Just sayin'