Jump to topic:

Counter Vote Bomb Vigilante Mobs

justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:55:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sometimes, in times of government transition, the establishment cannot properly address crimes and punish them.

Here on DDO, we are in a period of transition. Vote bombs are being treated differently then before. They are being reported to the moderators of DDO instead of the people taking care of the problem.

I've noticed a formation beginning. Counter Vote Bomb Vigilante mobs. Unfortunately, what the moderator's define as a vote bomb, or what a vote bomb in for that matter, is vague. Sometimes something that members are saying is a vote bomb still stays up after being reported with no response on why it is still there.

Also, sometimes you are vote bombed incredibly close to the end of your debate. I don't know what happens then, but I do know that I've asked some votes to be changed after the fact, but it was not possible. Making a won debate lost.

So, CVB vigilante mobs are sometimes necessary in my opinion. I have participated in a hidden form of it, giving a faked RFD. Has anyone participated in CVB vigilante mobs, or would you?
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 6:04:50 PM
Now that moderators look at votes, votes can in fact be changed (usually deleted) after voting ends.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 6:56:35 PM
I have not noticed this so thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Firstly, every single reported vote has been acknowledged and 90%+ of them have been dealt with (up to today's reports). A handful of them are still under review, but this is very few of them. These votes still under review are also not debate result changing votes so aren't that significant, but we still want to take every report and every vote seriously so we'll continue to do this as quickly and effectively as we can. The counter votes don't make it any easier.

Secondly, and this is extremely important, it does not matter how soon the voting period ending is. I can still deal with bad votes after the voting period ends and remove these votes. So far it hasn't been much of an issue though, based on the votes that have actually been reported.

I didn't know such vigilante mobs were forming, as they certainly aren't necessary, but member's who have questionable voting habits will continue to have their voting history reviewed, as will the OP who has admitted to poor voting conduct.

If anyone has any questions about the voting policy changes or this issue in particular, feel free to ask.
Debate.org Moderator
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 7:56:09 PM
LOL this should be on the weekly stupid! Dude just ratted himself out! Hahahaa!

On the flip side, I don't think we should take this as a surprise really .. Aperion anyone? Just instead of one individual you got more!

Also, I know they'll never admit it .. but republicans are especially bad for this. Not gonna name drop, but a lot of debators on here avoid certain topics due to people voting solely on partisan lines. I.E Gay marriage is really predictable as to how people vote. Same on economic policies, and controversial issues such as gun rights, etc...
Thank you for voting!
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 11:35:24 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:55:06 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Sometimes, in times of government transition, the establishment cannot properly address crimes and punish them.

Here on DDO, we are in a period of transition. Vote bombs are being treated differently then before. They are being reported to the moderators of DDO instead of the people taking care of the problem.

I've noticed a formation beginning. Counter Vote Bomb Vigilante mobs. Unfortunately, what the moderator's define as a vote bomb, or what a vote bomb in for that matter, is vague. Sometimes something that members are saying is a vote bomb still stays up after being reported with no response on why it is still there.

Also, sometimes you are vote bombed incredibly close to the end of your debate. I don't know what happens then, but I do know that I've asked some votes to be changed after the fact, but it was not possible. Making a won debate lost.

So, CVB vigilante mobs are sometimes necessary in my opinion. I have participated in a hidden form of it, giving a faked RFD. Has anyone participated in CVB vigilante mobs, or would you?

Thy BANHAMMER GODS will take care of everything. Let Koopin take the wheel my disciple.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest