Jump to topic:

Skype debate: help

Chillwitm888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:51:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well I am very nervous and a absolute wreck when it comes to public speaking. I don't know why I get afraid. It's the only thing I fear, I can sleep after watching thousands of horror movies and pop ups and go to sleep. But if I was ever told to go to speak in front of people even like groups of 7 I get nervous and breakdown.
I was hoping since many of you in the debate section do have fine pointers... Perhaps have a several people debate or just speaking in general in Skype.
My senior year is coming... Rising senior....
Mind Skyping with me and help me get rid of anxiety thanks
I would love some help. Thank you...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:07:46 PM
Welcome to the site.

I'm sure someone will take you up on this.

Public speaking is actually ranked in polls as a persons greatest fear.

...Death is #2.
Debate.org Moderator
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:11:21 PM
At 8/8/2013 8:51:26 PM, Chillwitm888 wrote:
Well I am very nervous and a absolute wreck when it comes to public speaking. I don't know why I get afraid. It's the only thing I fear, I can sleep after watching thousands of horror movies and pop ups and go to sleep. But if I was ever told to go to speak in front of people even like groups of 7 I get nervous and breakdown.
I was hoping since many of you in the debate section do have fine pointers... Perhaps have a several people debate or just speaking in general in Skype.
My senior year is coming... Rising senior....
Mind Skyping with me and help me get rid of anxiety thanks
I would love some help. Thank you...

Well, another new member just popped up the other day offering to do pretty much exactly that. Message QueenVictoria.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:35:31 PM
Why are you so obsessed with me, dude? Your poor parodies are just to feel better about your poor self; how can you deny it?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:48:24 PM
This is my friend Peter from over on Epicmafia, CP. Same with the thread below this: Irresistible.
Chillwitm888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 10:42:09 PM
Thanks, is queenvictoria legitimate? I just find threads tossed around here about her coaching, because her pm isn't exactly open. How do you contact her.
And at post above antidoctor or whatever. Thanks for you super brilliant reply. Very intellectual... I am typing my issue on my iPod touch. "Ha, faggot"...
Idiotic grammar nazis... Trying to prove their inferior self with false common era punctuational and prove yourself with contractions. Then try telling and posting your finding on impressive grammatical error on an informal forum on reddit and debate.org how mature and intellectual you truly are. Just because I am bad at public speaking in real life. I don't mind expressing myself on informal forum posts... Idiot.

@thanks airmax1227 I appreciate it. Haha, it is pretty much my only fear (that I know of)
@thanks ConservativePolitico I'd really appreciate that :)
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 11:43:04 PM
FYI, though, I have no fear of public speaking. It's the demon living inside of me, and it's a fear for others. You wouldn't know anything about that, though, would you? :P
Chillwitm888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:15:41 AM
My bad, I was eating dinner. I guess for me, its inner anxiety or ambiguity. The means of being afraid of what is bound to happen or its just that my heart just starts racing and my body just starts to shake when i am forced to deliver a speech or a few lines of introduction throughout a large crowd. i suppose I relate that very well haha
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:48:00 AM
I sent you a friend request. Pm me if you are interested.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:53:11 AM
I'd have took you for one of the midlife-crisis-because-you-feel-you've-lost-control kinda guys as opposed to my just being afraid of murdering everyone/never feeling like I had control. Don't call the cops, though; I won't.
Chillwitm888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:56:31 AM
At 8/9/2013 12:54:43 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I am a taker-away-of-control kinda guy, too, but different to you: less gay.

yes also different to you: more mature and less idiotic ,thank you.