Jump to topic:

Some info needed.

rajun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 8:48:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Please somebody explain me these things and only reply if you know perfectly how it works.

Percentile?- Is there some maths behind this? what does this mean. I have 94 %. What the hell is that actually?

Elo- Now, I know elo. I play chess. But tell me elaborately how does elo work here? I have some 2301 elo...how's that?

Ok..I think that's all...will see if there's any more doubt,

Hope some great soul may help me. :-)
Only cool guys can see this....
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 9:23:59 AM
At 8/11/2013 8:48:55 AM, rajun wrote:
Please somebody explain me these things and only reply if you know perfectly how it works.

Percentile?- Is there some maths behind this? what does this mean. I have 94 %. What the hell is that actually?

Percentile is what placement you fall under on the leaderboard, though it calculates how many wins you have compared to others. Like danielle has 100% because she has the most wins.

Elo- Now, I know elo. I play chess. But tell me elaborately how does elo work here? I have some 2301 elo...how's that?

Elo calculates skill level (at least to the best degree numbers can based on wins). You get bigger ELO bumps from facing opponents with higher ELO. Anything above 3000 is generally a pretty good indicator that you are a decent debater (IMO).
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
rajun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2013 9:48:20 AM
At 8/11/2013 9:23:59 AM, TUF wrote:
At 8/11/2013 8:48:55 AM, rajun wrote:

Percentile is what placement you fall under on the leaderboard, though it calculates how many wins you have compared to others. Like danielle has 100% because she has the most wins.

Elo calculates skill level (at least to the best degree numbers can based on wins). You get bigger ELO bumps from facing opponents with higher ELO. Anything above 3000 is generally a pretty good indicator that you are a decent debater (IMO).

Thanks..though i still have not got all of it, I think I understand a bit now.//
Only cool guys can see this....