DDO The Walking Dead Episode 14

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2013 10:35:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So wait, this island claims to have a cure for zombies?" - Airmax asked

"Well.... Kinda. They don't like to use the word 'cure', but from what they told me it sounds like they've found one" - Ryuu's brother
"Which Island is this again?" I asked
"The Bimini Islands. they are two islands in the Bahamas just off the coast of Florida. They are the only islands within our range given our fuel shortage and they are the only place that have actually maintained radio contact with us." - Ryuu's brother

"And they are ok with us coming over to there?" - Smithereens
"They don't know that we're coming actually" - Ryuu's brother
"All we know is that zombies aren't a big issue for them, they are isolated from other landmasses, and that they do have an airfield that we can land a plane on" - Frackjack

"Alright look kid, what's your name?" Airmax asked Ryuu's little brother
"Oh sorry, my name is Drafterman"

"Ok look Drafterman let me see if I can get this straight..... You have never flown a plane by yourself before, you're only about 14, you can only carry 6 people on the plane when there are 9 of us here, there is a fuel shortage on top of it, and you want to fly us all to an island that hasn't even invited us to join them because you believe that they have a cure even though they themselves didn't say that......... Did I miss anything?" - Airmax

"Only that I've never actually flown that far anywhere before" - Drafterman

"Ryuu and Thett, over here please" Airmax said, rubbing his eyes out of frustration. We walked over and he stared Ryuu right in the eyes. "Had I known that this is what you were offering us I wouldn't have came, I woulda stayed at the University of Miami and taken my chances nearby then risk my f*cking life for this sh*t."

"Hey, this is an opportunity people would kill to have Airmax, you should count yourself fortunate to have this chance" - Ryuu
"Fortunate? Are you f*cking kidding? Ever since that god damn hurricane blew through this whole state has been as unpopulated as f*cking Wyoming which has made it easy pickings for those of us who survived" - Airmax

"I think you forget that I found you and Thett's sorry a** locked up in a dining hall about to be torn to shreds because one idiot wouldn't tell you the way out" - Ryuu
"I remember that very well, and I'm thankful for that, but frankly I could not give a lesser sh*t about your proposed plane ride now that I'm aware of all the sh*t we are facing." - Airmax

"Are you saying what I think your saying?" - Ryuu
"Yeah, I AINT GOING" And Airmax started walking away. He took about 15 steps before yelling "You coming with me or what Thett?"

And now I had a choice to make, do I stay with Airmax here in Florida and take my chances here, or do I take the plane? F*cking hell I hate these kinds of choices.... There's never a right answer.

I ran after Airmax.

"Airmax wait!" I ran after him trying to get him to slow down. He stopped and looked at me. "I think we should really consider going on this plane"

Airmax chuckled "Are you sh*tting me?" he asked with an incredulous smile. "These guys have no f*cking idea what they're doing or where they're going, and I'm not buying a second that what's his name over there says about this island somehow having a cure"

"His name is Drafterman and yes I do think these guys have an idea of what they are doing. They have a destination which is reasonably safe, they technically have a pilot, and they have a plane that works too!"

"Thett for f*cks sake their pilot hasn't even hit puberty, he's never flown by himself or as far as he plans to fly, you guys have a gas issue, and you don't have a damn clue if this Island is even safe at all. We have it pretty good here in Florida when it can be a hell of a lot worse, and I'm not throwing this away in the off chance that some god-forsaken Island in the Bahamas that I haven't even heard of might be better off."

"But Ai-" I started
"Can it, I'm not going and you sure as hell aren't going either, I'm not going to allow it"
"Not allow it? I aint your f*cking nephew Airmax"

I definitely should not have said that to Airmax's face.

Airmax looked as me as if I had just renounced God during a sermon before he finally spoke.

"You know what.... F*ck you kid. I'm just looking out for you because I know a stupid f*cking idea when I see one, but if you want to get yourself killed then fine, f*ck you and everyone else too" And he started walking away again.

"Airmax wait I didn't-" I started
"Save it for someone who gives a sh*t kid, because I don't, not anymore" Airmax said, and he walked off.

Those ended up being the last words he said to me on that day..... And I have never felt so sh*tty about my life before that point.

I watched Airmax walk off before I dragged myself back to everyone else. I didn't even have the spirit to hold my head up as I tried to fight back the tears welling in the corner of my eyes. When I got back to the group I summoned up all my strength and said, "Well he's not coming"

Ryuu nodded and stated the obvious. "With Airmax gone there's now only one spot left"
I looked up. "I thought that 3 people wouldn't be able to go on"
"While that whole thing between you and Airmax over there happened, DetectableNinja here stated that he doesn't want to go either, so now we only need one more person to drop out and we'll be good" - Drafterman clarified

"Well Drafterman is the pilot so he aint leaving, and I'm his brother so I sure as hell aint opting out either." - Ryuu
"That means its either Frackjack, Thett, Phantom, Smithereens, or Cybertron who cant come"

Everyone looked around at each other nervously. "So how do we determine who gets kicked off the plane?" Cybertron asked
"I have just the idea" Ryuu said as he walked over to a nearby tree branch. He picked some sticks off the branches and came back.

"Here's how this works, everyone picks a stick, whoever gets the short stick gets kicked off.... So who wants to go first?" - Ryuu

I volunteered to go first. With 5 sticks that meant there was an 80% chance I wouldn't pick the short stick and get kicked.

I picked one and pulled it, it was long.

I relaxed a little and showed off my stick to everyone as if it was my ticket onto one of the Titanic's lifeboats.

Cybertron went next, and he also got a long stick.

Ryuu offered Frackjack the sticks and he picked one, and his was long too.

It was left between Smithereens and Phantom. Phantom motioned for Smithereens to choose, but before he did Ryuu spoke up.

"If Smithereens picks the long one, then Phantom gets left behind. If he picks the short one, then Smithereens is the one who gets left behind.... No matter what happens, the result. Is. Final. Understand?"

Both nodded

"I don't want one of you two b*tching about how this is somehow unfair and beg to have a do-over, whatever happens happens, and that's the way its gonna be."

Ryuu stuck out his hand to Smithereens

"Pick one" Ryuu said

Smithereens stared at the two sticks, the tension in the air was so high you could cut it with a knife and then beat a zombie to death with it....

He motioned towards one of the sticks, then pulled his hand back. Motioned for the other, hesitated, then pulled his hand back. This went on for a while before he finally manned up and took one.

Smithereens got the short stick.

Nobody said anything for the longest time before Ryuu spoke up.

"You and DetectableNinja can still chase down Airmax and see if he'll join you guys"
"I wouldn't count on it" I muttered.

We all gathered our stuff, DN and Smithereens said their goodbyes, and everyone else got their stuff and followed Drafterman to the plane.

It was a run down piece of sh*t, but it still looked like it could fly, and that's all anyone was hoping for.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2013 10:35:53 PM
And here was the previous episode in case you missed it: http://www.debate.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

rajun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2013 10:48:18 PM
At 8/16/2013 10:35:53 PM, imabench wrote:
And here was the previous episode in case you missed it: http://www.debate.org...

///////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

nice one this episode but i think you can reduce those "fuc*ng" and "fu*ks"...
Only cool guys can see this....
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 12:11:42 AM
At 8/16/2013 10:48:18 PM, rajun wrote:

As much as I agree for the sake of the site in general, and as much as I don't really curse in real life, I'm sure after enough time in a zombie apocalypse it'd become part of my regular vocabulary.
Debate.org Moderator
rajun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 2:23:29 AM
At 8/17/2013 12:11:42 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/16/2013 10:48:18 PM, rajun wrote:

As much as I agree for the sake of the site in general, and as much as I don't really curse in real life, I'm sure after enough time in a zombie apocalypse it'd become part of my regular vocabulary.

lol
Only cool guys can see this....
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 6:16:41 PM
At 8/17/2013 2:37:07 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
Didn't Smithreens die alreadly?

Johnnyboy was the one who died I believe

NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 6:21:19 PM
At 8/17/2013 6:16:41 PM, imabench wrote:

No, Who was the other person in Eitan's and Lk's group?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 6:47:24 PM
At 8/17/2013 6:21:19 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

Pennington

NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 6:49:17 PM
At 8/17/2013 6:47:24 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/17/2013 6:21:19 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

Pennington

AH! That's right.