Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

What do the medals next to usernames mean?

Nataliella
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 2:41:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Next to usernames, there are star-shaped medals. Some are blue, others green, others gray. The star is sometimes gold and sometimes gray. What does that mean?
"I'm in COLLAGE." -The Sophisticated Man
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:08:04 AM
At 8/20/2013 2:41:27 AM, Nataliella wrote:
Next to usernames, there are star-shaped medals. Some are blue, others green, others gray. The star is sometimes gold and sometimes gray. What does that mean?

It shows what percentile you're in. I can't remember quite how the colours progress, but all the people in 90-99 have one colour medal, 80-89 have another and so on.
I'm back (ish).
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:30:10 AM
At 8/20/2013 3:08:04 AM, orangemayhem wrote:

It shows what percentile you're in. I can't remember quite how the colours progress, but all the people in 90-99 have one colour medal, 80-89 have another and so on.

Yes. It doesn't mean much because after a few wins you're in the 90th percentile.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:32:34 AM
At 8/20/2013 3:30:10 AM, wjmelements wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:08:04 AM, orangemayhem wrote:

Yes. It doesn't mean much because after a few wins you're in the 90th percentile.

Yeah, unless you actually try to lose it's very difficult to get a low percentile. There are people with a 10% win ratio in the 98th percentile.
I'm back (ish).
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 7:17:09 AM

It means how good you are.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 8:06:25 AM

Medals are used to show whether or not people are infected or not here on DDO.

Anybody who has a green medal is clean, anyone who has a different color medal is infected and banned depending on what color the medal is since medal colors indicate the progression of the disease.

OH MY GOD SHE HAS THE DISEASE!!!!!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 10:33:38 AM
At 8/20/2013 8:06:25 AM, imabench wrote:

Anybody who has a green medal is clean, anyone who has a different color medal is infected and banned depending on what color the medal is since medal colors indicate the progression of the disease.

Nice.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 12:47:52 PM
The medals indicate which percentile "level" the user is at. Here are the combinations currently used (because many people join DDO and don't do a single debate, there's no one below the 65th percentile):

Green ribbon above gold star: 90th percentile or greater.
Blue ribbon above gold star: 80th percentile to 89th percentile
Red ribbon above gold star: 70th percentile to 79th percentile.
Green ribbon above silver star: 60th percentile to 69th percentile.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Nataliella
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 7:32:22 PM
At 8/20/2013 8:06:25 AM, imabench wrote:

Haha! xD
"I'm in COLLAGE." -The Sophisticated Man