Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Identify by a custom religion?

justin.graves
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:34:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Now, the religion feature is great for your profile, with plenty of religions and no-religions to choose from. However, I don't want to choose any of those categories. I don't identify myself as "Christian" in my real-life world. I identify as a "Jesus Freak" or "I am Second."

I'm sure others out there would like to be able to customize their religion with specific terms, ideas, and implications. Any thoughts on this?
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:42:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 3:34:39 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Now, the religion feature is great for your profile, with plenty of religions and no-religions to choose from. However, I don't want to choose any of those categories. I don't identify myself as "Christian" in my real-life world. I identify as a "Jesus Freak" or "I am Second."

I'm sure others out there would like to be able to customize their religion with specific terms, ideas, and implications. Any thoughts on this?

If Jedi-ism isnt one of the options then I dont care for it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
justin.graves
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:45:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 3:42:10 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:34:39 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Now, the religion feature is great for your profile, with plenty of religions and no-religions to choose from. However, I don't want to choose any of those categories. I don't identify myself as "Christian" in my real-life world. I identify as a "Jesus Freak" or "I am Second."

I'm sure others out there would like to be able to customize their religion with specific terms, ideas, and implications. Any thoughts on this?

If Jedi-ism isnt one of the options then I dont care for it

That's the point of "custom." You can make whatever dang religion you want.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:47:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 3:45:54 PM, justin.graves wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:42:10 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:34:39 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Now, the religion feature is great for your profile, with plenty of religions and no-religions to choose from. However, I don't want to choose any of those categories. I don't identify myself as "Christian" in my real-life world. I identify as a "Jesus Freak" or "I am Second."

I'm sure others out there would like to be able to customize their religion with specific terms, ideas, and implications. Any thoughts on this?

If Jedi-ism isnt one of the options then I dont care for it

That's the point of "custom." You can make whatever dang religion you want.

Weekly Stupidism?????
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
justin.graves
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:49:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 3:47:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:45:54 PM, justin.graves wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:42:10 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:34:39 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Now, the religion feature is great for your profile, with plenty of religions and no-religions to choose from. However, I don't want to choose any of those categories. I don't identify myself as "Christian" in my real-life world. I identify as a "Jesus Freak" or "I am Second."

I'm sure others out there would like to be able to customize their religion with specific terms, ideas, and implications. Any thoughts on this?

If Jedi-ism isnt one of the options then I dont care for it

That's the point of "custom." You can make whatever dang religion you want.

Weekly Stupidism?????

Respect the spirit of the post! Not the letter of it!
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:52:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 3:49:12 PM, justin.graves wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:47:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:45:54 PM, justin.graves wrote:

That's the point of "custom." You can make whatever dang religion you want.

Weekly Stupidism?????

Respect the spirit of the post! Not the letter of it!

"And lo, sir Scotty Douglas claimith that those who dont believith in thy devil actually do believith in him, and thus the weekly stupid cameth into existence."

Bench 3:14
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
justin.graves
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 4:00:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 3:52:17 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:49:12 PM, justin.graves wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:47:29 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:45:54 PM, justin.graves wrote:

That's the point of "custom." You can make whatever dang religion you want.

Weekly Stupidism?????

Respect the spirit of the post! Not the letter of it!

"And lo, sir Scotty Douglas claimith that those who dont believith in thy devil actually do believith in him, and thus the weekly stupid cameth into existence."

Bench 3:14

imabench has now officially ruined my life. I think tonight during dinner with my friends, I will pretend to choke so that someone will try the Heimlich maneuver. Then I will spin around quickly...

Just to get a hug.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 5:09:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 3:34:39 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Now, the religion feature is great for your profile, with plenty of religions and no-religions to choose from. However, I don't want to choose any of those categories. I don't identify myself as "Christian" in my real-life world. I identify as a "Jesus Freak" or "I am Second."

I'm sure others out there would like to be able to customize their religion with specific terms, ideas, and implications. Any thoughts on this?

Jesus freak? What happened to your "I'm an atheist now" post?
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
justin.graves
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 5:34:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 5:09:12 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:34:39 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Now, the religion feature is great for your profile, with plenty of religions and no-religions to choose from. However, I don't want to choose any of those categories. I don't identify myself as "Christian" in my real-life world. I identify as a "Jesus Freak" or "I am Second."

I'm sure others out there would like to be able to customize their religion with specific terms, ideas, and implications. Any thoughts on this?

Jesus freak? What happened to your "I'm an atheist now" post?

http://www.debate.org...
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 7:49:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/20/2013 5:09:12 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:34:39 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Now, the religion feature is great for your profile, with plenty of religions and no-religions to choose from. However, I don't want to choose any of those categories. I don't identify myself as "Christian" in my real-life world. I identify as a "Jesus Freak" or "I am Second."

I'm sure others out there would like to be able to customize their religion with specific terms, ideas, and implications. Any thoughts on this?

Jesus freak? What happened to your "I'm an atheist now" post?

LOL.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 5:50:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am with you here. I feel the need to customise it as atheist does not quite cut it for me.
Turn around, go back.