Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Coming Soon: Voting Prize give-away comp!

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 7:47:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hello everyone it"s TUF. So during the month of September, I will be doing voting incentives completion. The goal is to try to make the best votes! I have done competitions before. The main difference from those competitions is before I had the people of DDO vote for who they thought was the better voter. Since I am giving away physical prizes for this, I am not going to do it this way this time, and instead will be judging the quality of the votes myself. This is to prevent anyone asking others to vote for them, or any cheating or unfair tactics. Anyway"s this is going to be an experiment for me really to see if this will generate good, quality votes as compared to previous failed efforts.

So basically, the competition is open to anyone with voting privileges. Just go out and vote as much as you can. A quality vote, is a vote that is un-biased, and gives both debaters good feedback on how they did in the debate. A good vote should prove that the debate was well read, and well critiqued according to debater performance. If you don"t know how to vote, please read Juggle"s section about proper voting.

Any votes from September 1st-30th will count in this competition, but in order for them to be eligible you must place them in this thread, otherwise I probably won"t see them. Here are the prizes:

1st Place: Ipad, and a customized DDO T-shirt with your name on it and place in the voting competition.

2nd Place: 4 gig Xbox 360, and customized DDO T-shirt with your name on it and place in the voting competition.

3rd Place: 25$ gift card, and a customized DDO T-shirt with your name on it and place in the voting competition

If this goes really well, and generates a lot of quality votes, I will do a 4th-6th place as well and send out T-shirts only as the prizes. Like I said this is just an experiment to see if it actually works.

I am doing this because I really love and care about the site. Also I am not really losing much money off of this. I got a free Ipad from signing up with a TV company, and the Xbox was already mine, but I don"t play it, and if I do go back to console gaming I will probably get a playstation instead.

I will only give prizes away if I see a genuine effort for voting as a result of this. If there isn"t a significant voting quality increase that I can tell coming from resulting from this competition, I will throw this out, and I"ll give T-shirts to those who had shown to make a good effort.

If this works, I may do this again in the future.

I will launch the official thread and a video around September 1st probably, but I would love to hear some feedback.

Do you think this is a good idea, and will attract voters?

Is something that would motivate you to vote better?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 8:54:19 AM
At 8/23/2013 7:56:37 AM, drafterman wrote:
Uh... wut? An iPad?

Si senor.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 8:56:59 AM
I'm in, athough I don't watn the prizes, I DO want to be known as a great votar.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 9:26:28 AM
At 8/23/2013 9:14:17 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Wut?

I wants a prized!

CP will vote. Yessss CP will vote...

Sweet :)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 9:37:26 AM
what the f*** happened to the DDO News Center?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 9:43:50 AM
Oooh prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes
orangemayhem likes prizes... will they be shiny?
I'm back (ish).
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 10:34:52 AM
At 8/23/2013 9:37:26 AM, imabench wrote:
what the f*** happened to the DDO News Center?

I put it in my signature a while back that I was cancelling it, due to lack of interest. I had a few people that were avid watchers of it, but not enough to really make the effort of making the series were making. In that signature, I also said I would keep making videos (as I have) though they won't be specifically for a web series. I think the news concept was over used anyway, and basically was the underlying theme to both weekly stupid, and drama farm.

Anyways, right now I am most focused on increasing site voting as a personal goal.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 10:35:38 AM
At 8/23/2013 9:43:50 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
Oooh prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes prizes
orangemayhem likes prizes... will they be shiny?

If you win a prize, I will shine it up for you. Even if it's just a gift card. ;-)
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 10:53:01 AM
Well that should be a good month for getting debates voted on.

However a bad month for crybabies who hate feedback (we all know the ones; you vote in their favor but they start messaging you because they didn't like that your vote pointed out any flaw in their argument).
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 11:40:34 AM
At 8/23/2013 10:53:01 AM, Ragnar wrote:
Well that should be a good month for getting debates voted on.

However a bad month for crybabies who hate feedback (we all know the ones; you vote in their favor but they start messaging you because they didn't like that your vote pointed out any flaw in their argument).

True dat. I hope this picks up an emphasis on voting, as I am giving away pretty big prizes. If this doesn't do much for voting, than I think I have lost hope in any voting efforts whatsoever lol, because who doesn't want an iPad or an xbox for just spending a bit of time on a debate site?