Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead Episode 15

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 7:27:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The airplane was a run down pile of crap, but it still looked like it could fly, and that's all anyone was hoping for.

"So how does the seating arrangement work?" I asked

"Me and Cyber will sit up in the front since we're the ones who know how to fly this, everyone else will pile into the back and load their gear into the cargo hold. Anything that doesn't fit in there you'll have to keep on your lap, but that shouldn't be an issue" - Drafterman answered

"Wait, Cybertron knows how to fly this plane too???" - Phantom
"We're both students at this pilot school and we train on these planes, but Drafterman has way more experience with these then I do." - Antidoter
"Alright, everyone pile on in, every minute we spend here is one less minute we could have in the zombie free paradise that is the Bahamas" - Ryuu
"Water and food in the cargo along with anything else you have but guns stay on you in the plane, when we land we may not exactly get the welcome wagon" - I said.

We piled in all of our gear into the cargo hold, did an ammo check, and we all piled in. Among the 6 of us we had a combined total of 8 pistols, 4 rifles, a couple knives, and roughly 20 to 25 rounds of assorted ammo. Not exactly ideal for 6 people but it was a hell of a lot better then nothing. Cybertron and Drafterman got in the front, me and Ryuu sat in the row behind them, and then Frackjack and Antidoter got in the very back.

"Alright guys, lets go to the Bahamas" Drafterman said over the intercom
"First some safety stuff, life vests are under your seats, there are two exits on thi-" - Cyber

"Cyber for f*cks sake we're 2 feet behind you, you don't have to use the intercom!" Ryuu snapped.

Cyber's voice cracked and then after a pause he said "Fasten your seat belts"

It took about 15 minutes, but soon Drafterman got the plane started and we taxied to a small runway that Drafterman and his friends had cleared of debris a few days ago. Then he and Cyber went over a quick checklist before Drafter put the pedal to the metal.

The propeller plane whirred to life and the engine gave off a deafening roar. Fortunately we got a plane where there were enough headphones for all of us and we could make out what Drafterman was saying to us

"The trip should last an hour and a half tops, if there's a storm we're going to have to go right through it, we wont have enough gas to get back or go around but the skies look pretty clear today. Once we're in the air the only thing we'll have to worry about is birds!"

The plane started to make its way down the runway, first at a jog, then at a sprint, and right when we were about to run out of runway we peeled off into the skies.

We were flying.

The plane was shuttering all the time and once in a while winds would shift and jar the plane left and right. Ryuu and both pilots seemed perfectly calm, but every time the plane dropped a bit I came dangerously close to sh*tting myself..... I don't know why I didn't go to the bathroom before I got on the plane.

Soon we were over the coastline and we got a good look at Miami from the air, and the place looked like sh*t.... Granted it always looked like complete sh*t, the point was that it looked even sh*ttier then usual. You could see the places where it got napalmed by the government since some of the buildings had been blackened by the fires. Buildings that weren't covered in black soot looked dilapidated and as if a zombie apocalypse had occurred.

The ruined city of Miami faded away into the distance as the plane flew on. We were leaving a hell for the unknown, and nobody knew for sure if we were just jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Even Drafterman who had pitched us the idea of going to the Bahamas looked worried that it wouldn't work.

The only thing we could do was enjoy the view of endless water and keep track of the time. Half an hour ticked by, then an hour.

Then an hour and a half

Then an hour and 45 minutes.

Then two hours had passed.

I don't remember how long the trip was supposed to last, but it certainly wasn't meant to last this long. Drafterman and Cybertron were shifting around in the cockpit quite a bit and I began to feel like something was going wrong. I put my headset back on and spoke into the mic.

"Drafterman, shouldn't we be there by now?"
Drafterman glanced back at me and said "Yeah, that's the problem, we don't see land anywhere!"
"I told you those winds pushed us south, we need to bank North and we'll see it in no time!" - Cybertron
"We already adjusted for the winds though, we should be right over it according to this map!" - Drafterman

"Let me see that map for a second" Ryuu said as he outstretched his hand
"We're looking for this island here, we've been circling around trying to find it for a while now but its like nothings here!" - Cyber

Ryuu stared at that map for less then 4 seconds before he blew his top off "YOU RETARDS, THATS NOT AN ISLAND THATS A COFFEE STAIN!!!!!"

I looked at the map in horror and sure enough, Drafterman and Cybertron had mistaken an old coffee stain on the map for the islands we were flying too.

F*ck.

"WELL IF THATS A STAON THEN WHERE ARE THE ISLANDS WERE LOOKING FOR???" - Cyber
"What's the name of it!??!?!?" - Antidoter yelled from the back
"The Bimini Islands, specifically the southern one!!!!" - Drafterman
Me and Ryuu scanned over the map before we finally spotted it
"GOT IT!" Ryuu yelled, he then showed the map to Cyber. "WE'RE ABOUT 50 MILES SOUTH OF IT!"
"How Far????" Drafterman yelled
"50 Miles!" Cybertron said
"We only have enough gas left for 15, 20 tops!"

Great, we're f*cked....

"How are we going to make up the last 15 miles???" Antidoter asked in a panic
"We'll have to turn off the engine to conserve gas and glide, only using gas to gain altitude when we end up too low" - Drafterman

Ok, NOW we're f*cked

"Here goes nothing!" Drafterman pulled the plane hard to the left and started climbing. Right when we pierced the cloud cover, Drafterman killed the engine and we started gliding. "Keep you're eyes peeled for any land because if we don't hit the Bihimi's we're going to have to land in the water and swim to shore!"

We slowly started gliding back down to Earth, and we could see that we were falling as the ocean grew larger while the clouds retreated higher into the skies. Once we were about 50 feet above the water and could see fish, Drafterman would start up the engine and climb as fast as he could before killing the engine again.

This happened about two or three times before we finally saw land

"Dead ahead! is that it???" - Cybertron asked
"That sure doesn't look like it!" - Drafterman yelled back
"That's North Cat Cay Island, South Bimini Island is roughly 6 or 7 miles further north!" - Ryuu yelled
"We only have enough gas for one final climb, but that's not our biggest problem!" - Drafterman yelled back
"Then what in the f*ck is????" I panicked

"The Islands runway runs East to West not South to North, we'll have to swing around to line up to land and we don't have enough gas for that!

Ok, NOW we're f*cked.

"So then what the f*ck do we do?" - I yelled
"We'll have to approach the runway at an absurd angle and then bank HARD to land!" - Drafterman
"Can we pull that off with the sun going down?" - Cybertron
"God I hope so!" - Ryuu

Drafterman climbed until we ran out of gas. Drafterman killed the engine and he aligned the plane straight for the runway. South Bimini Island emerged in the distance right as the sun was going down. It was going to be close

The runway drew closer, but then the wind kicked shifted and the plane plummeted

"The winds shifted and is pushing west now, we cant approach the runway at this angle, we'll miss it for sure!" - Cyber
"Well what do we do now?" - Frackjack
"I have an idea!" - Drafterman said as he yanked the controls. The plane rolled completely onto its left hal
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 7:31:21 PM
Previous Episode: http://www.debate.org...

Character List:

Active/Formerly active characters:

1 - Thett3
2 - Maikuru (Dead)
3 - Noumena (Dead)
4 - lannan13 (Dead)
5 - 16kadams (Dead)
6 - Airmax (No Longer Active)
7 - Pennington (Dead)
8 - LordKnuckle (Dead)
9 - Eitan_Zohar (Dead)
10 - RyuuKyuzo
11 - johnnyboy54 (Left for Dead)
12 - Smithereens (No Longer Active)
13 - DetectableNinja (No Longer Active)
14 - Cybertron
15 - Frackjack
16 - Drafterman
17 - Antidoter

Soon to be introduced:

18 - DoubtingDave
19 - Citra
20 - Ragnar
21 - Cermank
22 - 1HistoryGenius
23 - TUF
24 - Magic8000
25 - OberHerr
26 - Tvellalott
27 - Daytona
28 - Zaradi
29 - J.Y.A.A.
30 - Crypto
31 - Sarcastic Indeed
32 - Bullish
33 - Muzebreak
34 - MassiveDump
35 - Rajun
36 - jzonda415
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 8:33:36 PM
At 8/24/2013 8:07:24 PM, Bullish wrote:
Nice cliff hanger.

Yeah im setting up for something big in the next episode ;D

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 9:32:41 AM
At 8/24/2013 11:50:53 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
How the FVCK did Antidoter get on the plane?

F*ck I got antidoter mixed up with Phantom o_o

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 9:39:34 AM
The airplane was a run down pile of crap, but it still looked like it could fly, and that's all anyone was hoping for.

"So how does the seating arrangement work?" I asked

"Me and Cyber will sit up in the front since we're the ones who know how to fly this, everyone else will pile into the back and load their gear into the cargo hold. Anything that doesn't fit in there you'll have to keep on your lap, but that shouldn't be an issue" - Drafterman answered

"Wait, Cybertron knows how to fly this plane too???" - Phantom
"We're both students at this pilot school and we train on these planes, but Drafterman has way more experience with these then I do." - Antidoter
"Alright, everyone pile on in, every minute we spend here is one less minute we could have in the zombie free paradise that is the Bahamas" - Ryuu
"Water and food in the cargo along with anything else you have but guns stay on you in the plane, when we land we may not exactly get the welcome wagon" - I said.

We piled in all of our gear into the cargo hold, did an ammo check, and we all piled in. Among the 6 of us we had a combined total of 8 pistols, 4 rifles, a couple knives, and roughly 20 to 25 rounds of assorted ammo. Not exactly ideal for 6 people but it was a hell of a lot better then nothing. Cybertron and Drafterman got in the front, me and Ryuu sat in the row behind them, and then Frackjack and Phantom got in the very back.

"Alright guys, lets go to the Bahamas" Drafterman said over the intercom
"First some safety stuff, life vests are under your seats, there are two exits on thi-" - Cyber

"Cyber for f*cks sake we're 2 feet behind you, you don't have to use the intercom!" Ryuu snapped.

Cyber's voice cracked and then after a pause he said "Fasten your seat belts"

It took about 15 minutes, but soon Drafterman got the plane started and we taxied to a small runway that Drafterman and his friends had cleared of debris a few days ago. Then he and Cyber went over a quick checklist before Drafter put the pedal to the metal.

The propeller plane whirred to life and the engine gave off a deafening roar. Fortunately we got a plane where there were enough headphones for all of us and we could make out what Drafterman was saying to us

"The trip should last an hour and a half tops, if there's a storm we're going to have to go right through it, we wont have enough gas to get back or go around but the skies look pretty clear today. Once we're in the air the only thing we'll have to worry about is birds!"

The plane started to make its way down the runway, first at a jog, then at a sprint, and right when we were about to run out of runway we peeled off into the skies.

We were flying.

The plane was shuttering all the time and once in a while winds would shift and jar the plane left and right. Ryuu and both pilots seemed perfectly calm, but every time the plane dropped a bit I came dangerously close to sh*tting myself..... I don't know why I didn't go to the bathroom before I got on the plane.

Soon we were over the coastline and we got a good look at Miami from the air, and the place looked like sh*t.... Granted it always looked like complete sh*t, the point was that it looked even sh*ttier then usual. You could see the places where it got napalmed by the government since some of the buildings had been blackened by the fires. Buildings that weren't covered in black soot looked dilapidated and as if a zombie apocalypse had occurred.

The ruined city of Miami faded away into the distance as the plane flew on. We were leaving a hell for the unknown, and nobody knew for sure if we were just jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Even Drafterman who had pitched us the idea of going to the Bahamas looked worried that it wouldn't work.

The only thing we could do was enjoy the view of endless water and keep track of the time. Half an hour ticked by, then an hour.

Then an hour and a half

Then an hour and 45 minutes.

Then two hours had passed.

I don't remember how long the trip was supposed to last, but it certainly wasn't meant to last this long. Drafterman and Cybertron were shifting around in the cockpit quite a bit and I began to feel like something was going wrong. I put my headset back on and spoke into the mic.

"Drafterman, shouldn't we be there by now?"
Drafterman glanced back at me and said "Yeah, that's the problem, we don't see land anywhere!"
"I told you those winds pushed us south, we need to bank North and we'll see it in no time!" - Cybertron
"We already adjusted for the winds though, we should be right over it according to this map!" - Drafterman

"Let me see that map for a second" Ryuu said as he outstretched his hand
"We're looking for this island here, we've been circling around trying to find it for a while now but its like nothings here!" - Cyber

Ryuu stared at that map for less then 4 seconds before he blew his top off "YOU RETARDS, THATS NOT AN ISLAND THATS A COFFEE STAIN!!!!!"

I looked at the map in horror and sure enough, Drafterman and Cybertron had mistaken an old coffee stain on the map for the islands we were flying too.

F*ck.

"WELL IF THATS A STAON THEN WHERE ARE THE ISLANDS WERE LOOKING FOR???" - Cyber
"What's the name of it!??!?!?" - Antidoter yelled from the back
"The Bimini Islands, specifically the southern one!!!!" - Drafterman
Me and Ryuu scanned over the map before we finally spotted it
"GOT IT!" Ryuu yelled, he then showed the map to Cyber. "WE'RE ABOUT 50 MILES SOUTH OF IT!"
"How Far????" Drafterman yelled
"50 Miles!" Cybertron said
"We only have enough gas left for 15, 20 tops!"

Great, we're f*cked....

"How are we going to make up the last 15 miles???" Antidoter asked in a panic
"We'll have to turn off the engine to conserve gas and glide, only using gas to gain altitude when we end up too low" - Drafterman

Ok, NOW we're f*cked

"Here goes nothing!" Drafterman pulled the plane hard to the left and started climbing. Right when we pierced the cloud cover, Drafterman killed the engine and we started gliding. "Keep you're eyes peeled for any land because if we don't hit the Bihimi's we're going to have to land in the water and swim to shore!"

We slowly started gliding back down to Earth, and we could see that we were falling as the ocean grew larger while the clouds retreated higher into the skies. Once we were about 50 feet above the water and could see fish, Drafterman would start up the engine and climb as fast as he could before killing the engine again.

This happened about two or three times before we finally saw land

"Dead ahead! is that it???" - Cybertron asked
"That sure doesn't look like it!" - Drafterman yelled back
"That's North Cat Cay Island, South Bimini Island is roughly 6 or 7 miles further north!" - Ryuu yelled
"We only have enough gas for one final climb, but that's not our biggest problem!" - Drafterman yelled back
"Then what in the f*ck is????" I panicked

"The Islands runway runs East to West not South to North, we'll have to swing around to line up to land and we don't have enough gas for that!

Ok, NOW we're f*cked.

"So then what the f*ck do we do?" - I yelled
"We'll have to approach the runway at an absurd angle and then bank HARD to land!" - Drafterman
"Can we pull that off with the sun going down?" - Cybertron
"God I hope so!" - Ryuu

Drafterman climbed until we ran out of gas. Drafterman killed the engine and he aligned the plane straight for the runway. South Bimini Island emerged in the distance right as the sun was going down. It was going to be close

The runway drew closer, but then the wind kicked shifted and the plane plummeted

"The winds shifted and is pushing west now, we cant approach the runway at this angle, we'll miss it for sure!" - Cyber
"Well what do we do now?" - Frackjack
"I have an idea!" - Drafterman said as he yanked the controls. The plane rolled completely onto its left and I blacked out

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 9:40:52 AM
^ fixed it. I dont know how I got antidoter mixed up with both frackjack and phantom but the updated version should clear it up.

Also for some reason the forum wont allow the last 100 characters to post even though it says I have space. Sorry for it being cut off but I fixed it.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 9:55:12 AM
Active/Formerly active characters:

1 - Thett3
2 - Maikuru (Dead)
3 - Noumena (Dead)
4 - lannan13 (Dead)
5 - 16kadams (Dead)
6 - Airmax (No Longer Active)
7 - Pennington (Dead)
8 - LordKnuckle (Dead)
9 - Eitan_Zohar (Dead)
10 - RyuuKyuzo
11 - johnnyboy54 (Left for Dead)
12 - Smithereens (No Longer Active)
13 - DetectableNinja (No Longer Active)
14 - Cybertron
15 - Frackjack
16 - Drafterman
17 - Phantom

Soon to be introduced:

18 - Antidoter
19 - DoubtingDave
20 - Citra
21 - Ragnar
22 - Cermank
23 - 1HistoryGenius
24 - TUF
25 - Magic8000
26 - OberHerr
27 - Tvellalott
28 - Daytona
29 - Zaradi
30 - J.Y.A.A.
31 - Crypto
32 - Sarcastic Indeed
33 - Bullish
34 - Muzebreak
35 - MassiveDump
36 - Rajun
37 - jzonda41

rajun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 5:18:54 AM
At 8/25/2013 9:45:30 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
Lol rajun's just gonna walk in and die.

and what makes you say so, bro?
Only cool guys can see this....
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 8:23:32 AM
At 8/26/2013 12:58:53 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
planes, but Drafterman has way more experience with these then I do." - Antidoter

You still fvcked up.

I fixed the main ones which is what counts

rajun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 8:43:08 AM
At 8/26/2013 12:58:53 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
planes, but Drafterman has way more experience with these then I do." - Antidoter

You still fvcked up.

you shouldn't accuse imabench, dude. He is making this episodes and that itself is great...
Only cool guys can see this....
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 4:08:27 PM
a pilot i like it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.