Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Your moment here...

rajun
Posts: 346
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 2:24:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
To all the users of DDO...which was the moment which you liked the most here in DDO. It can be either a win or a lose or a post or maybe an message...we will love your experiences being shared.
Only cool guys can see this....
orangemayhem
Posts: 333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 2:29:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/25/2013 2:24:04 AM, rajun wrote:
To all the users of DDO...which was the moment which you liked the most here in DDO. It can be either a win or a lose or a post or maybe an message...we will love your experiences being shared.

That would definitely be when TUF voted on one of my debates and in his RFD said that, because of the way I'd argued a topic, he'd gone from being for it to being neutral on it. He didn't actually give me that many points, but it still made me extremely proud of myself.
I'm back (ish).
rajun
Posts: 346
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 2:32:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/25/2013 2:29:15 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 8/25/2013 2:24:04 AM, rajun wrote:
To all the users of DDO...which was the moment which you liked the most here in DDO. It can be either a win or a lose or a post or maybe an message...we will love your experiences being shared.

That would definitely be when TUF voted on one of my debates and in his RFD said that, because of the way I'd argued a topic, he'd gone from being for it to being neutral on it. He didn't actually give me that many points, but it still made me extremely proud of myself.

That is nice! Maybe that inspired you to become an active user here...
I was actually strolling through some things when i came across this site..It seemed interesting. My moment which inspired me to be an active member was when I defeated Donald.Keller...no offence donald! http://www.debate.org...
Only cool guys can see this....
orangemayhem
Posts: 333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 2:41:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/25/2013 2:32:37 AM, rajun wrote:
At 8/25/2013 2:29:15 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 8/25/2013 2:24:04 AM, rajun wrote:
To all the users of DDO...which was the moment which you liked the most here in DDO. It can be either a win or a lose or a post or maybe an message...we will love your experiences being shared.

That would definitely be when TUF voted on one of my debates and in his RFD said that, because of the way I'd argued a topic, he'd gone from being for it to being neutral on it. He didn't actually give me that many points, but it still made me extremely proud of myself.

That is nice! Maybe that inspired you to become an active user here...
I was actually strolling through some things when i came across this site..It seemed interesting. My moment which inspired me to be an active member was when I defeated Donald.Keller...no offence donald! http://www.debate.org...

To be honest that was after I became an active user, I'd already started running one of the official tournaments. I just haven't yet found my niche in the forums. But yeah, it did make me think that I wasn't wasting my time. I haven't debated one of the 'big players' yet, that's my next plan.
I'm back (ish).
rajun
Posts: 346
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 2:44:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/25/2013 2:41:48 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 8/25/2013 2:32:37 AM, rajun wrote:
At 8/25/2013 2:29:15 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 8/25/2013 2:24:04 AM, rajun wrote:
To all the users of DDO...which was the moment which you liked the most here in DDO. It can be either a win or a lose or a post or maybe an message...we will love your experiences being shared.

That would definitely be when TUF voted on one of my debates and in his RFD said that, because of the way I'd argued a topic, he'd gone from being for it to being neutral on it. He didn't actually give me that many points, but it still made me extremely proud of myself.

That is nice! Maybe that inspired you to become an active user here...
I was actually strolling through some things when i came across this site..It seemed interesting. My moment which inspired me to be an active member was when I defeated Donald.Keller...no offence donald! http://www.debate.org...

To be honest that was after I became an active user, I'd already started running one of the official tournaments. I just haven't yet found my niche in the forums. But yeah, it did make me think that I wasn't wasting my time. I haven't debated one of the 'big players' yet, that's my next plan.

Go on and challenge them...that will make you feel more awesome
Only cool guys can see this....
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 2:47:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh boy, I have seen so much....

The Great April Fool's Day Chaos is something that sticks out a lot in my mind. Everything was a complete mess. It was fun. It was either last year or the year before that. I forget.

The events following the announcement that DDO was bought by Juggle and learning about the new changes. Huge improvement.

The Ancap Exodus. Lost a few smart people. Lost a few assholes. Lost a few who were both. It think it did a load of good. The forums were suddenly much less hostile.

The formation of the Party Party and the antics, both service-oriented and mischief-oriented, that followed.

My debate "It is probable that Adolf Hitler still lives" with Thett. Probably my most enjoyable.

That day I made a thread announcing that Phil (the old owner) had stopped keeping an eye on us and he then replied with a music video to "I'll Be Watching You".

The creation of a variety of video-series produced by different members, breathing new life into the forums.

The day I posted a picture of a giant penis and was banned for 30 days.

My Discordian Mafia game.

People's reaction to the verdict of my Salem Witch Trials Mafia.

The drinking games on tinychat were a huge plus.

So many others.

But my all time favorite would have to be the day of the first annual conference of the DDO Elite, when we sanctified the offering with festivities for the Ritual of The Tides and sang old songs of the Motherland. Aaaah, good times, good times.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
rajun
Posts: 346
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2013 3:20:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/25/2013 2:47:16 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Oh boy, I have seen so much....

The Great April Fool's Day Chaos is something that sticks out a lot in my mind. Everything was a complete mess. It was fun. It was either last year or the year before that. I forget.

The events following the announcement that DDO was bought by Juggle and learning about the new changes. Huge improvement.

The Ancap Exodus. Lost a few smart people. Lost a few assholes. Lost a few who were both. It think it did a load of good. The forums were suddenly much less hostile.

The formation of the Party Party and the antics, both service-oriented and mischief-oriented, that followed.

My debate "It is probable that Adolf Hitler still lives" with Thett. Probably my most enjoyable.

That day I made a thread announcing that Phil (the old owner) had stopped keeping an eye on us and he then replied with a music video to "I'll Be Watching You".

The creation of a variety of video-series produced by different members, breathing new life into the forums.

The day I posted a picture of a giant penis and was banned for 30 days.

My Discordian Mafia game.

People's reaction to the verdict of my Salem Witch Trials Mafia.

The drinking games on tinychat were a huge plus.

So many others.

But my all time favorite would have to be the day of the first annual conference of the DDO Elite, when we sanctified the offering with festivities for the Ritual of The Tides and sang old songs of the Motherland. Aaaah, good times, good times.

........................................

wow...it looks like you are actually a good old member here... and lol with that penis thing!
Only cool guys can see this....