Jump to topic:

Miley Cyrus Invades DDO *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 2:55:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Say it aint so. This young Woman could have been a plain movie star, or a teacher, or a nurse. But instead she chose to sell her soul for riches, fortune, and fame. It never ceases to amaze how far some people will go to get attention. Personally, I thought the act was tasteless, and just disgusting to say the least. I am not a Miley Cyrus
fan you guys. I wish this girl would knock it off..........Its disrespectful and not good for children to watch. This is not entertainment okay. This is trash. Do you agree. =)
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 3:03:23 PM
At 8/27/2013 2:55:22 PM, inferno wrote:
Say it aint so. This young Woman could have been a plain movie star, or a teacher, or a nurse. But instead she chose to sell her soul for riches, fortune, and fame. It never ceases to amaze how far some people will go to get attention. Personally, I thought the act was tasteless, and just disgusting to say the least. I am not a Miley Cyrus
fan you guys. I wish this girl would knock it off..........Its disrespectful and not good for children to watch. This is not entertainment okay. This is trash. Do you agree. =)

yep. I used to like her but she has just gone over the edge.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 3:13:44 PM
All over the news, radio, facebook, youtube, yadayada. Sick of hearing about miley's sh1tty performance.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 3:14:29 PM
At 8/27/2013 3:13:44 PM, TUF wrote:
All over the news, radio, facebook, youtube, yadayada. Sick of hearing about miley's sh1tty performance.

I'm with you there.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 3:20:02 PM
Miley Cyrus needs to go to a rehabilitation center. Get her mind all straitened back out. Got to much junk floating in their. Lady Gaga is better dressed then she is now. That;s saying something right there. Just so horrific.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 3:29:00 PM
I've never liked her music, but I hate it even more now.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 3:42:09 PM
At 8/27/2013 3:29:00 PM, Subutai wrote:
I've never liked her music, but I hate it even more now.

This.

You know, if we stop talking about these sickening performanecs, perhaps MTV will get the message and quit showing them. They want this so everyone will talk about it for the next few days
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 3:42:52 PM
She has gotten worse over the years. It is sad to see someone with a bright future ahead change paths and go down the wrong path.
Ashton
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 3:49:08 PM

You are right on.
Ashton
ToriDivine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:07:10 PM
But instead she chose to sell her soul for riches, fortune, and fame.

Really? That's ridiculous! I agree that she's gone a little over the edge lately, but for you to say that her career choice is inferior is absolutely unacceptable. If you were the world's most successful doctor/lawyer that still does not put you above her just because of your occupation. If that's something she has fun doing and happens to get paid quite a lot for it, then why not!?
Walk like a champion, talk like a champion.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:13:23 PM
At 8/27/2013 4:07:10 PM, ToriDivine wrote:

Really? That's ridiculous! I agree that she's gone a little over the edge lately, but for you to say that her career choice is inferior is absolutely unacceptable. If you were the world's most successful doctor/lawyer that still does not put you above her just because of your occupation. If that's something she has fun doing and happens to get paid quite a lot for it, then why not!?

If she's an athiest, it's fine according to what she believes. If she's christian, it's against the morals of God.
Ashton
ToriDivine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:16:47 PM
At 8/27/2013 4:13:23 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:
At 8/27/2013 4:07:10 PM, ToriDivine wrote:

If she's an athiest, it's fine according to what she believes. If she's christian, it's against the morals of God.

Seriously, who cares. I'm a Christian, a proud one, but there is nothing wrong with being famous/making music. If you're going to go all old testament with me, saying things like we can't eat meat or women can't wear pants, then I don't want to hear it.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:20:16 PM
At 8/27/2013 4:16:47 PM, ToriDivine wrote:
Seriously, who cares. I'm a Christian, a proud one, but there is nothing wrong with being famous/making music. If you're going to go all old testament with me, saying things like we can't eat meat or women can't wear pants, then I don't want to hear it.

Really? Now your jumping to conclusions. I don't care about Miley Cyrus or any other celebrity.
Ashton
ToriDivine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:23:49 PM
At 8/27/2013 4:20:16 PM, birdlandmemories wrote:

Really? Now your jumping to conclusions. I don't care about Miley Cyrus or any other celebrity.

I never said you did, but you don't have a right to say what she's doing is wrong in the name of God... BTW, I do care about celebrities personally, especially One Direction & Taylor Swift & Justin Bieber.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:47:58 PM

Not into it either. More worried bout what this country is going through. That's what people should be worried about, not celebrities.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:55:16 PM
At 8/27/2013 4:47:58 PM, leojm wrote:

Not into it either. More worried bout what this country is going through. That's what people should be worried about, not celebrities.

But this is a moral issue. It is important because the conduct of our civilization, for lack of a better word, is gone to hell in a fruitbasket. =)
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:57:00 PM
At 8/27/2013 4:55:16 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/27/2013 4:47:58 PM, leojm wrote:

But this is a moral issue. It is important because the conduct of our civilization, for lack of a better word, is gone to hell in a fruitbasket. =)

Alright, alright, I see where your coming and going with this, understood. =)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:58:15 PM
Give me a break. There are worse vulgarities in most music videos today. Maybe the conversion from innocent child star to this is what people are reacting to.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:59:41 PM
At 8/27/2013 4:23:49 PM, ToriDivine wrote:

I never said you did, but you don't have a right to say what she's doing is wrong in the name of God... BTW, I do care about celebrities personally, especially One Direction & Taylor Swift & Justin Bieber.

Were not knocking celebs dear. Just the ones who influnce children and do not conduct themselves properly in public. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 4:59:52 PM

Im not knocking celebs. Just the ones who do not conduct themselves properly in public. Children follow these people whether you want to admit it or not.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:00:59 PM

Im not knocking celebs. Just the ones who do not conduct themselves properly in public. Children follow these people whether you want to admit it or not.

Thanks.
ToriDivine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:02:44 PM
At 8/27/2013 4:59:52 PM, inferno wrote:

And? They didn't sign up to be your child's role model. They can do whatever they want and not have to worry about angry parents and arrogant teenagers ranting at them. Who cares what she does? People should have enough common sense to not follow in her footsteps if they think she's wrong.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:31:35 PM
I can never look at foam fingers the same way again >.>
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 5:33:40 PM
At 8/27/2013 5:02:44 PM, ToriDivine wrote:
At 8/27/2013 4:59:52 PM, inferno wrote:

And? They didn't sign up to be your child's role model. They can do whatever they want and not have to worry about angry parents and arrogant teenagers ranting at them. Who cares what she does? People should have enough common sense to not follow in her footsteps if they think she's wrong.

They didnt have to. But kids look up to these clowns. You should have seen the way the celebs there AT THE AWARD SHOW were looking at Cyrus. Their children were there, and it was a disgrace to see this girl go on stage and overstep the boundaries of a cable rated News Show. It was too riskee. Do you understand the words that are coming outta my mouth. It was even censored on MTV. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:01:48 PM

Then go up yourself. =)
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 6:50:42 PM
Meh, I'm not a fan, she needs to go back to her Hannah Montana show.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 9:01:25 PM
At 8/27/2013 6:50:42 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Meh, I'm not a fan, she needs to go back to her Hannah Montana show.

I don't know if any of us are fans. I certainly am not.
Ashton