Jump to topic:

Blocking people in DDO.

leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 6:17:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think if you block a person that person should be blocked from everything you post comment and everything else that is being blocked. Because what's the point of blocking a person if all that person will be able to do is attack you on forums and what not. If you block a person they should be blocked from everything of any of your actions. (This is in my opinion. Others will disagree, as many people have different views. )
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 6:23:04 PM
At 9/2/2013 6:17:40 PM, leojm wrote:
I think if you block a person that person should be blocked from everything you post comment and everything else that is being blocked. Because what's the point of blocking a person if all that person will be able to do is attack you on forums and what not. If you block a person they should be blocked from everything of any of your actions. (This is in my opinion. Others will disagree, as many people have different views. )

that would be impossible and ridiculous. said person would be blocked from hundreds of threads (that would be stupid because they have a voice on the subject of thread even if its unrelated to you). plus people can cool down if you let them. the only reason you made this is because of that "little" fight you and budda had in the other thread you made.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 6:39:11 PM
I think loejm is Godsconservativegirl
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 8:27:16 AM
At 9/2/2013 6:23:04 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/2/2013 6:17:40 PM, leojm wrote:

that would be impossible and ridiculous. said person would be blocked from hundreds of threads (that would be stupid because they have a voice on the subject of thread even if its unrelated to you). plus people can cool down if you let them. the only reason you made this is because of that "little" fight you and budda had in the other thread you made.

nope, not because of that.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 12:35:46 PM
It wouldn't work, because it would end up blocking nearly every forum thread.

When forum moderation was all but nonexistent, I thought that members ought to be able to start a thread with the ability to block selected trolls from that thread. Moderation is better now, so I don't think that's called for.

Be sure to report personal attacks and insults to the moderators, so they can do their thing.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 2:41:37 PM
At 9/3/2013 8:27:40 AM, leojm wrote:
At 9/2/2013 6:39:11 PM, thett3 wrote:
I think loejm is Godsconservativegirl

Thank you.

That's not a compliment. Godsconservativegirl was a user on DDO.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2013 3:36:54 PM
You go to this place called your settings.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~