Jump to topic:

DDO The Walking Dead Episode 17

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 8:52:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
(This time I couldn't make one on Friday night because the UM-UF game was tomorrow at noon and I was busy making a sign for the game, and yesterday I was partying HARD because UM beat UF.)

(When we left off, Tvellalott just introduced himself to the group after their plane crash landed)

"My name is Thett3, this is Drafterman and Phantom, Ryuu and Frackjack are the ones knocked out over here, CYBER, YOU CAN COME OUT NOW THEYRE OK!" I yelled out towards the shrubs.

Cyber's head popped out from behind a shrub, and he then casually made his way toward us. Tvellalott and his group looked uneasily at Cyber as he made his way out, but they were starting to relax a little.

"How many of you were hurt?" Tvellalott asked
"Well only one is hurt, the other two are just knocked out." I said.
"We have a doctor here, can he take a look at your friend to see how bad it is?"
"Sure, be my guest"
I slung the rifle over on my shoulder and Drafterman + Cyber pocketed their pistols. Phantom tossed me his as the doctor examined his leg.

"Yeah you f*cked it up pretty bad, it should fix over time though since you're still young."
"How long are we talking about doctorrrr.......?" - Phantom
"Ragnar, and you should be good in a few months or so" He stood up and went over to Ryuu and Frackjack, still knocked out and examined them. "These two are just knocked out, but this one here took a beating, he might have to stay in a bed for a few days"

Tvellalott came up to get a good look at us and we got a good look at him. He was old as sh*t but he was still pretty strong. He had the build of a football player and looked like what Ryuu would look like if he were 50. Everyone else though just looked like typical old people who banded together and somehow survived up to this date.

"Its about to be nightfall and we're too far out of town to get all of you back. We'll make up a little camp in the airport and wait til morning to move.... DoubtingDave, you and Citra head back to town and let everyone know that we're ok and our visitors are friendly. A few are hurt so around sun up head back with some supplies and whatever you can make into a stretcher."

Both nodded and started walking back to the town, and right then Ryuu started to come around.

While Cyber and Drafterman helped get Phantom and a still knocked out Frackjack towards a hanger, Me and Tvellalott hung back to bring Ryuu up to speed.

Finally Ryuu opened his eyes and looked at me and Tvellalott, when he saw Tvellalott his eyes got wide open and he freaked out.

"What the hell is going on here???" He said looking at me in bewilderment
"We crash landed and some people form the island came to welcome us once they made sure we were friendly. They're friendly too. This is their leader Tvellalott"

"I know who is Thett....... He's my dad"

"I didn't think you'd recognize me after all these years. Sh*t you grew up pretty strong though." - TV said with a smirk and a chuckle

"Wait a minute, he's your DAD??? I thought your family was in Key Biscayne!"
"My real dad left my family when I was 4, the dad who raised me was still in Key Biscayne. What the hell are you doing here???" He said as he looked at TV.
"When your mom kicked me out I had a friend give me a hell of a deal here in the Bimini Islands and I've been working here ever since as a tv salesman. How's your mother and brother?" TV said

"Mom's probably dead but Drafterman is actually here, he survived the crash right?"
"Your brother was with you on the plane?!?!?!?!?!?" Tvellalott said in excitement.
"On it? sh*t he flew it. He's been taking pilot lessons and convinced us to come to these islands in the first place."

TV at that moment looked like the happiest dad in the entire planet and he itched to go into the hanger to re-meet his long lost son. We all stood up and we trotted over to the airfield while Ryuu and TV caught up. I didn't hear everything they talked about but apparently the mother kicked him out for some bs reason and then lied to Ryuu and his brother about what really happened, and Ryuu had his suspicions about what really happened all along so the two made up real quick, and so did Drafterman.

=================================================================

I laughed looking back at it all.... Hard to believe 10 years passed since we crashed onto this Island.

I still tried to remember the events of that night and the days before we landed here, but my memory of everything began to fade. So much had happened so fast that it was difficult for someone as young as me to remember everything that happened.

South Bimini Island was mostly one big retirement home for well off Americans, and they also happened to be the fishing capital of the Bahamas. The Islands had a combined population of about 1600 people, most of them lived in the Northern Island which had been overrun. The residents of the South though managed to stay alive by building enough crude defenses all around town to fight against a horde of zombies should they come, and while they proved their use at first a lot of them were ripped to shreds by the hurricane that beat Florida pretty bad.

For food there was fish, and we had also converted a lot of the Island into farmland. South Bimini's land was only 20% populated, and a millionaire had moved grain to the Island with the intention of making a wheat farm right before the Zombies came. So we have bread and fish, and also a rain collection system that when well-managed could sustain the Islands remaining population of about 100 people. Most of the people who heard of the zombies immediately left to seek loved ones, none of them came back.

Even after 10 years, our group was still the youngest ones there. We were also the most well armed since nobody in South Bimini owned a gun. Since TV was the town leader and Ryuu his son, we meshed in with the locals real nice and soon we were all a big community. We also proved ourselves by making runs into North Bimini for supplies that only we could carry out due to our youth and weapons, and the locals were more then grateful for our efforts.

Phantom and Frackjack healed up fine, and we made some good personal friends on the Island over time. Ragnar, the town doctor, routinely sent us out North for medicine and we often found what he wanted. Citra was TV's right hand man who personally oversaw our group and even went on missions with us. DoubtingDave was TV's military adviser having served in 'Nam for 3 years a long time ago.

There was also Antidoter, the youngest on the Island at 15, who hung out with us every day and was became everyone's little brother after his mom died of old age. Cermank was a sailing expert who would always come back with fish with her fellow sailing friends. HistoryGenius was the town's preacher who kinda got on people's nerves with all his Bible-thumping. But my favorite member was TUF, a UM graduate with an awesome sense of humor who was invaluable to TV yet also caused him a fair amount of headaches with his antics.

There were a lot of others too, but they were mostly just civilians who had nothing about them that made them particularly helpful nor memorable. Most of them were just retired people waiting to die.

Living on the Island was a dream come true, I even managed to defy the odds and got a girlfriend too....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 8:54:01 PM
Last episode: http://www.debate.org...

Character list:

Active/Formerly active characters:

1 - Thett3
2 - Maikuru (Dead)
3 - Noumena (Dead)
4 - lannan13 (Dead)
5 - 16kadams (Dead)
6 - Airmax (No Longer Active)
7 - Pennington (Dead)
8 - LordKnuckle (Dead)
9 - Eitan_Zohar (Dead)
10 - RyuuKyuzo
11 - johnnyboy54 (Left for Dead)
12 - Smithereens (No Longer Active)
13 - DetectableNinja (No Longer Active)
14 - Cybertron
15 - Frackjack
16 - Drafterman
17 - Phantom
18 - Tvellalott
19 - Antidoter
20 - DoubtingDave
21 - Citra
22 - Ragnar
23 - Cermank
24 - 1HistoryGenius
25 - TUF

Soon to be Introduced:

26 - Magic8000
27 - OberHerr
28 - Daytona
29 - Zaradi
30 - J.Y.A.A.
31 - Crypto
32 - Sarcastic Indeed
33 - Bullish
34 - Muzebreak
35 - MassiveDump
36 - Rajun
37 - jzonda41
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 4:05:37 PM
this one was sweet. that also means something horrible is going to happen like the zombies go resident evil and start evolving
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 4:27:56 PM
Imabench, you are perhaps the 1st person who would make my mother's death seem cool.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 7:17:58 PM
Well damn. I think that a lot of those villagers introduced are about to get ripped to shreds.

Good thing I wasn't one of the Village People.

I'm excited. This means I will probably either be introduced on this next episode or the one after.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 7:26:31 PM
At 9/9/2013 7:17:58 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Well damn. I think that a lot of those villagers introduced are about to get ripped to shreds.

I'm excited. This means I will probably either be introduced on this next episode or the one after.

One if your like the nemesis from resident evil
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:06:20 PM
At 9/9/2013 11:58:17 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 9/9/2013 5:00:18 AM, rajun wrote:
Things are getting better...

Too better.

Maybe. But there should be some doctors/scientists there. Perhaps they can figure out how to reverse the effects? Also, we still haven't found out what caused the zombies to become 'dead'/dormant.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:35:08 PM
At 9/9/2013 7:26:31 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Honestly, I see more than half of the currently living characters dying in the next episode. Something tells me it's going to be a bloodbath.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:36:06 PM
None of the upcoming characters on that list are female.... 0,0
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:39:29 PM
At 9/9/2013 9:36:06 PM, thett3 wrote:

Looks like repopulating the human race isn't a goal of this story.

*sigh.* Hopefully, your girlfriend produced children.

Also, you must feel f*cking fantastic, knowing that you are most likely to survive to the end.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:41:40 PM
At 9/9/2013 9:39:29 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Also, you must feel f*cking fantastic, knowing that you are most likely to survive to the end.

Nah dude I've been saving a spot in my notebook for whatever kills me. Thats so foreshadowing if I ever saw it!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:43:32 PM
At 9/9/2013 9:41:40 PM, thett3 wrote:

Nah dude I've been saving a spot in my notebook for whatever kills me. Thats so foreshadowing if I ever saw it!

Well, you'll probably die at the end of the story. I don't see you dying while the plot plays out, since you are the main character and central focus of the story. Unless a different prospective to the story was introduced that replaced your own.

Or you can narrate while you're dead. That works too.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:44:35 PM
At 9/9/2013 9:43:32 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Well, you'll probably die at the end of the story. I don't see you dying while the plot plays out, since you are the main character and central focus of the story. Unless a different prospective to the story was introduced that replaced your own.

It is pretty cool to be the main character in a story haha. I'm glad imabench decided to write this
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:46:05 PM
At 9/9/2013 9:44:35 PM, thett3 wrote:

It is pretty cool to be the main character in a story haha. I'm glad imabench decided to write this

I'm surprised that Imabench wouldn't give himself a cameo in this. At least a news reporter on TV reporting the apocalypse and then being attacked by a zombie.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:46:54 PM
At 9/9/2013 9:46:05 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

I'm surprised that Imabench wouldn't give himself a cameo in this. At least a news reporter on TV reporting the apocalypse and then being attacked by a zombie.

He probably will save us all lol
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 9:48:39 PM
At 9/9/2013 9:46:54 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 9/9/2013 9:46:05 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

He probably will save us all lol

Lol, he will be the Jewish Messiah. Just what we need in this story. Religion.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 11:45:03 PM
Zombies attacking a retirement home... But how do you tell them apart? And even if you do, how do you decide which ones to shoot?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2013 11:50:15 PM
To answer all your questions

1) The girl will have a normal girl name and will NOT be someone from DDO. Im not going to make thett gay with someone else, id like to keep this moderately serious

2) A bloodbath will happen but it definitely wont be in the next episode

3) Im not going to put myself in the story, If I did my ego would grow so big that I would kill off thett and make me the new main character immediately, which would suck (for you all)

4) The difference between zombies and retired old people is that zombies can drive a car better then an old person.

rajun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 5:57:41 AM
At 9/9/2013 11:50:15 PM, imabench wrote:

1) The girl will have a normal girl name and will NOT be someone from DDO. Im not going to make thett gay with someone else, id like to keep this moderately serious

3) Im not going to put myself in the story, If I did my ego would grow so big that I would kill off thett and make me the new main character immediately, which would suck (for you all)

4) The difference between zombies and retired old people is that zombies can drive a car better then an old person.

And those are facts!
Only cool guys can see this....
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 6:40:17 AM

WHO THE FVCK IS THETT"S ROOMMATE?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 6:42:21 AM
At 9/9/2013 9:35:08 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 9/9/2013 7:26:31 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Honestly, I see more than half of the currently living characters dying in the next episode. Something tells me it's going to be a bloodbath.

Being the nemesis would be a bloodbath. The thing is ultra strong and has a minigun and a rocket launcher and isn't phased by shooting them.
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 9:49:17 AM
At 9/8/2013 8:54:01 PM, imabench wrote:
Last episode: http://www.debate.org...

Character list:

Active/Formerly active characters:

1 - Thett3
2 - Maikuru (Dead)
3 - Noumena (Dead)
4 - lannan13 (Dead)
5 - 16kadams (Dead)
6 - Airmax (No Longer Active)
7 - Pennington (Dead)
8 - LordKnuckle (Dead)
9 - Eitan_Zohar (Dead)
10 - RyuuKyuzo
11 - johnnyboy54 (Left for Dead)
12 - Smithereens (No Longer Active)
13 - DetectableNinja (No Longer Active)
14 - Cybertron
15 - Frackjack
16 - Drafterman
17 - Phantom
18 - Tvellalott
19 - Antidoter
20 - DoubtingDave
21 - Citra
22 - Ragnar
23 - Cermank
24 - 1HistoryGenius
25 - TUF

Soon to be Introduced:

26 - Magic8000
27 - OberHerr
28 - Daytona
29 - Zaradi
30 - J.Y.A.A.
31 - Crypto
32 - Sarcastic Indeed
33 - Bullish
34 - Muzebreak
35 - MassiveDump
36 - Rajun
37 - jzonda41

> Implies he is till alive
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 11:48:15 AM

Therefore we should shoot old people on principle, to improve their driving skills. I feel a troll debate coming up soon.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 9:51:09 PM
Can't wait for this blood bath. Thank you for putting me in by the way.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...