Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2013 8:32:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/11/2013 7:54:34 PM, winkie wrote:
Do you agree ??

No. If you disagree, let's debate it.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
winkie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:13:13 PM
At 9/11/2013 8:32:30 PM, Subutai wrote:
Do you agree ??

Now that you can ask transgenic plants that resist pests, pest resistance what ingredients he does, he will resist pests ingredients are toxic to humans too? Pesticides harmful thing it was well known.
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 10:40:18 PM
At 9/12/2013 9:13:13 PM, winkie wrote:
Do you agree ??

Now that you can ask transgenic plants that resist pests, pest resistance what ingredients he does, he will resist pests ingredients are toxic to humans too? Pesticides harmful thing it was well known.
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn...

That doesn't answer my question. Do you want to debate it?
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:13:16 PM
No, they are not. While it is possible to make a genetically modified food that's poisonous, the people smart enough to do genetic engineering are also smart enough to know about liability.

There are plenty of unmodified all-natural plants that are poisonous, and there is more reason to worry about those creeping into the food supply than the ones that are created. For example, cows eating natural plants can produce toxic milk. There is list of these natural toxic plants in a journal article: http://www.journalofanimalscience.org.... It includes types of goldenrod and lupin. By, hey, they are all natural.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 6:06:46 PM
Do you agree ??

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
winkie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 8:14:42 PM
Do you agree ??

I agree genetically modified foods are poisonous.
winkie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 8:18:43 PM
At 9/13/2013 1:13:16 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
No, they are not. While it is possible to make a genetically modified food that's poisonous, the people smart enough to do genetic engineering are also smart enough to know about liability.

There are plenty of unmodified all-natural plants that are poisonous, and there is more reason to worry about those creeping into the food supply than the ones that are created. For example, cows eating natural plants can produce toxic milk. There is list of these natural toxic plants in a journal article: http://www.journalofanimalscience.org.... It includes types of goldenrod and lupin. By, hey, they are all natural.
Genetically modified rice is done by artificially changing the genes of rice so that it has better traits out of a rice paddy knot. Generally if not marked, it is difficult to distinguish the. It may be more waterlogging, drought, pest resistance and other properties, which are harmless to the human body should be said, and it may be increased in the protein content of rice, which is beneficial for others. GM maize will kill the male sperm, resulting in infertility. This is a study of foreign companies have confirmed. However, transgenic research the most advanced countries - the United States has clearly defined genetically modified foods are not allowed to enter the human food market, that is, in the United States, genetically modified foods are not allowed by the government as food.
Why the U.S. does not allow genetically modified food as a food?
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 8:28:06 PM
At 9/13/2013 8:18:43 PM, winkie wrote:
At 9/13/2013 1:13:16 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

Genetically modified rice is done by artificially changing the genes of rice so that it has better traits out of a rice paddy knot. Generally if not marked, it is difficult to distinguish the. It may be more waterlogging, drought, pest resistance and other properties, which are harmless to the human body should be said, and it may be increased in the protein content of rice, which is beneficial for others. GM maize will kill the male sperm, resulting in infertility. This is a study of foreign companies have confirmed. However, transgenic research the most advanced countries - the United States has clearly defined genetically modified foods are not allowed to enter the human food market, that is, in the United States, genetically modified foods are not allowed by the government as food.

Since when does the U.S. not allow the production and distribution of genetically modified food?
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 9:32:16 PM
At 9/13/2013 8:14:42 PM, winkie wrote:
Do you agree ??

I agree genetically modified foods are poisonous.

Ok. You disagree with me. Would you care to debate the subject?
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 7:27:37 AM
At 9/13/2013 8:18:43 PM, winkie wrote:
Genetically modified rice is done by artificially changing the genes of rice so that it has better traits out of a rice paddy knot. ... GM maize will kill the male sperm, resulting in infertility. This is a study of foreign companies have confirmed.

Well, there are opponents of GM food confirming other opponents, but nothing generally accepted. Many of the complaints are based upon patented modifications that haven't been used in products. Large companies worry a whole lot about lawsuits, so they are careful.

However, transgenic research the most advanced countries - the United States has clearly defined genetically modified foods are not allowed to enter the human food market, that is, in the United States, genetically modified foods are not allowed by the government as food.

The US does not ban genetically modified food. Here is a list of countries that have bans: http://www.organicconsumers.org... Most of the countries that have bans only ban a few specific items. The US has no national bans at all. A few localities have tried to institute bans. There is no US requirement to even label genetically modified foods, although some states have labeling requirements.

Getting something banned does not mean that there is a good reason for it. It means that opponents have managed to scare people, that's all. An example is the nearly-worldwide ban on DDT that began from scare stores published in the 60s. the claim was that DDT causes cancer in humans. It doesn't. The ban led to millions of unnecessary deaths from malaria. The ban was finally reversed.