Jump to topic:

TUF's Voting Competition Winners!

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 2:05:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
A Total of 50 votes gave been tallied an counted! What a fruitful competition!

https://docs.google.com...

First off I would like to thank everyone who contributed in this tournament! It was amazing competition, and I think everyone who participated is AWESOME. Thankyou so much for taking part of this.

Remember the winners were selected by myself, so the means of judging is completely subjective to how I thought voting went.

But I judged this off of several means: Quality, quantity, and effort.

So I actually had a huge long drawn out post explaining why each person won, and then my computer crashed and I lost all of it... I don't have to patience to write all of it out again, so these will be short and sweet, sorry.

So the best voter might not have won first place, if he didn't vote as much as others, but remember I weighed quality with the quantity. With that said, here are the winners.

1st: Thett3

Thett3 was an amazing voter, and I was impressed with most of his votes. I always have been. He had the second most votes in this competition, and most of them were really good RFD's that I think gave perfect evaluations of player skill throughout the debate. His contributions in this tourney are very much appreciated, and I do not regret giving him 1st place here!

Enjoy your Ipad and T-shirt thett3! (I still need your shipping address. I would like to send out all the prizes out the same time so please give it to me before thursday, or everyone will have to wait for their prizes!)

2nd: DonaldKeller

I think Donald easily deserves second for his fortitude in voting, and the immense amount of effort he put into this competition. There was several of his votes I wasn't too amazed with, but I think he had more good ones, that made up for the other ones. He was on beast mode throughout this challenge though, and produced so many votes, that he truly hit the main purpose of this: Producing more quality votes to the site. His effort made an impact on the site, and he did have several really impressive votes. I think Mr. Keller is more than worthy of winning the xbox360!

Great Job Donald, and thanks for pushing out so many crazy votes! Enjoy playing your new xbox360.

3rd: ClassicRobert

ClassicRobert had probably the most impressive votes. His RFD's were incredibly thorough and had a lot of detail. He covered the entire debate in his RFD's, and gave a good RFD that explained why he thought each person won, and I was really impressed. I know Classic was busy through a lot of this, but I think had he had more time, he could have easily won first place in this.

I have a 50 dollar gift certificate to best buy, and it's all yours! If you don't have a best buy in your area let me know, and I will send something else. Thanks for the great votes!

ALL WINNERS NEED TO SEND ME THEIR SHIPPING ADDRESSES PLEASE. I would like to send out all the prizes at the same time. Right now I have 2/3. If I don't get it before thursday, you will have to wait until my next days off to receive your prize, sorry.

Thanks again to everyone who participated, and have fun with your prizes! I hope to see you in future competitions, where I will be giving away bigger and better prizes.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 2:11:50 PM
I cannot thank all of you enough for participating in this competition!
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 2:34:06 PM
51 votes... Good work, TUF :)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:21:55 PM
Did you manage to get the prizes shipped?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 12:02:17 AM
At 10/3/2013 11:21:55 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Yes. Expect to see them within a week or so.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 8:36:27 AM
At 10/4/2013 12:02:17 AM, TUF wrote:

YAY! I was scared you wouldn't be able to yesterday.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 5:16:19 PM
At 10/4/2013 8:36:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Enjoy!! :D thanks again for participating. :)
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 8:24:51 PM
At 10/4/2013 5:16:19 PM, TUF wrote:
At 10/4/2013 8:36:27 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Enjoy!! :D thanks again for participating. :)

Thanks for letting me! :D It was really fun

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 3:43:59 AM
I guess I should ask for reviews. How do you think this competition went? Do you think incentives for voting produced more votes than what would have normally happened this month? Were the prizes decent enough, or should I have added different things? What improvement could be done for this? Did you agree with how th e competition was judged or do you think there was a more efficient way of choosing winners? Any extra comments, suggestions, tips, etc? Any feedback would be appreciated. :)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 7:28:29 AM
Everyone should recieve their prizes today. If you dont get it let me know and ill call FedEx and see whats up
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 9:06:50 AM
At 10/5/2013 3:43:59 AM, TUF wrote:
I guess I should ask for reviews. How do you think this competition went? Do you think incentives for voting produced more votes than what would have normally happened this month? Were the prizes decent enough, or should I have added different things? What improvement could be done for this? Did you agree with how th e competition was judged or do you think there was a more efficient way of choosing winners? Any extra comments, suggestions, tips, etc? Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

This was a really good idea, I think you should do this again sometime.

Even as someone who didn't participate myself, but got some of the people on here to vote on my debates, it was nice seeing that competitiveness to get a larger sample on who won/lost a debate. And it also allowed for a certain degree of non-partisanship when voting, because really being partisan means a poorer quality RDF, and less chances of winning as a result.

As for judging, I think you were for sure fair, though if I were you maybe getting a volunteer or two as an "advisor" would be a cool idea. Though I agree with your judgement, so this might be unnecessary.

Good job guys.
Good idea TUF.
Thank you for voting!
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 4:04:59 PM
At 10/5/2013 3:43:59 AM, TUF wrote:
I guess I should ask for reviews.

How do you think this competition went?

Not sure, but it seemed to generate lots of votes and that was the idea right?
I actually would have hopped onto this and kicked butt voting if I had known about the competition from the start. Sadly I found out about it when it was about to end. If you do another competition like this I am hands down in.

Do you think incentives for voting produced more votes than what would have normally happened this month?

Yes.

Were the prizes decent enough, or should I have added different things?

The prizes were great! What would be nicer if you added similiar options to the preference of the winner. For example, second prize was an Xbox 360, but if we had the option to change that to a PS3 that would be really cool too.

What improvement could be done for this?

Raise more awareness. Other than that it was great.

Did you agree with how the competition was judged or do you think there was a more efficient way of choosing winners?

I think it was judged fairly.

Any extra comments, suggestions, tips, etc? Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

It was overall great and I look forward to possible future voting competitions.
Nolite Timere
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2013 7:21:53 AM
@ crypto

As far as raising more awareness, what would you recommend? The thread was on the top page and I was bumping it almost daily. My sig had a link to the thread and a video advertisement. The only thing I can think of would be to message spam people.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2013 8:55:39 AM
At 10/10/2013 7:21:53 AM, TUF wrote:
@ crypto

As far as raising more awareness, what would you recommend? The thread was on the top page and I was bumping it almost daily. My sig had a link to the thread and a video advertisement. The only thing I can think of would be to message spam people.

I'll add it to my sig too.

Make a Gen1 sig, where each person adds it to their sig, but +1.

As an expirement.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!