Jump to topic:

Tournament of Champions!

Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 12:14:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Merry Christmas, TOC competitors. Consider the re-start up of this tournament as a little present from me.

I've taken over the TOC and am setting R2 up for everyone, and after shuffling through all of the information, this is what I can present to you all:

The Bracket for Round One looks like this (PRO will always be on top, and CON will always be on bottom on the brackets):

http://i103.photobucket.com...

The Tournament is double elimination, so the next round will consist of two brackets.

I am waiting on the RFD's for one more debate. After the RFD's are submitted, I can post all of the results and we can get Round 2 rolling. That should be very soon.

Thank you all for your patience, and hopefully things will be very consistent now.

BACKGROUND:

Round 2 will be just like Round 1. I will group PM you and your new opponent. After you both confirm with me that you are present, you two will have 2 days to choose your own topic for confirmation in that PM. After I give confirmation (and you both reply), PRO will have 3 days to challenge CON. If the challenge is not up within 3 days, the win automatically goes to CON. If CON does not accept PRO's challenge within 2 days, the win automatically goes to PRO. CON is responsible for writing in our group pm that they have received PRO's challenge. PRO is also responsible for writing in our group pm that their challenge has not been accepted by CON within 2 days.

Because the time limits are so structured, I do not expect CON to not accept PRO's debate within 2 days. I would have made it immediate, but have added the extra day for flexibility.

If there are any issues (you are on vacation, or any other situation that comes up), be sure to pm me and I'll see if I believe you ;)

Please try to pm me ahead of time if you know of such an event coming up. Of course emergencies happen to all of us, and I will be just as considerate of those if you can not give me prior notification.

If you forfeit any of your rounds, it is an automatic win for your opponent.

FINAL NOTE AND REQUEST: JUDGES

If there is anyone who would be willing to judge this tournament, please give me a pm. I could really do for some more judges, and your RFD's are kept confidential. Thank you.

If you have already judged in the TOC, please send me a pm notifying me if you're still around and if you are going to be able to help judge Round 2 as well.

--------------------------------

QUESTIONS?

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or pm me with the subject line "TOC QUESTION".

---------------------------------------------------------

As a side note, I will be friend requesting everyone in the TOC for tournament purposes, so please do accept it.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Vi
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 12:23:40 PM
Hey - Merry Xmas.

I'm glad Vi is taking this thing over. When I went on vacation in the summer and JBlake took over to help me run things, it got a little confusing afterward since things had happened while I was away (plus I had a lot of laptop issues and lost a lot of saved information). Most of the information I had saved is recovered and I've handed it over to the wife who I figured would be much better suited to run this thing since she's not actually participating in it (so it's most fair -- If I win a debate, I don't want people to think it's because I'm running it, ya know?). Anyway, I'm excited that this thing is finally back up again and look forward to my next opponent :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 12:26:31 PM
Also, I will re-send you the people who have judged in the past so you can contact them. Along with yourself (Vi) there was Lexicoholic, heart_of_the_matter, Logical-Master and others. All competent and unbiased judges. I'll also send you some suggestions of who I think would be similar kinds of judges that you can ask if nobody volunteers.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 12:42:08 PM
OK GUYS!, THE RESULTS ARE IN AND ROUND 2 IS UP!

WINNERS BRACKET FOR ROUND 2

LOSERS BRACKET FOR ROUND 2

I sent everyone a confirmation email through pm. After you have all confirmed, I will be sending out Round 2 group pm's for you and your opponent.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 12:43:38 PM
At 12/25/2009 12:42:08 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
OK GUYS!, THE RESULTS ARE IN AND ROUND 2 IS UP!

WINNERS BRACKET FOR ROUND 2

LOSERS BRACKET FOR ROUND 2

I sent everyone a confirmation email through pm. After you have all confirmed, I will be sending out Round 2 group pm's for you and your opponent.

You must be having one hell of an exciting Christmas to be posting tournament brackets!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 12:50:22 PM
I've never celebrated Christmas.

This is my first "Christmas" and I get to spend it with my girlfriend :). I come from a Muslim family, and I'm agnostic, so Christmas hasn't ever meant anything to me lol.

I gave Lwerd her present and we're just chilling until I make a big dinner for us, some Christmas cookies, and watch The Nightmare Before Christmas and Love Actually in the spirit of things. Plus, it's a quiet and sad atmosphere after what we had to do yesterday :(

So, getting the TOC started on Christmas doesn't sound like a bad idea for me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 12:58:10 PM
At 12/25/2009 12:26:31 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Also, I will re-send you the people who have judged in the past so you can contact them. Along with yourself (Vi) there was Lexicoholic, heart_of_the_matter, Logical-Master and others. All competent and unbiased judges. I'll also send you some suggestions of who I think would be similar kinds of judges that you can ask if nobody volunteers.

No one in the tournament is allowed to judge (so that excludes Heart, sorry buddy ;) only fair).
Mangani
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 3:24:39 PM
At 12/25/2009 12:50:22 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Plus, it's a quiet and sad atmosphere after what we had to do yesterday :(

Uhhh... everything ok???
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 3:45:00 PM
At 12/25/2009 3:24:39 PM, Mangani wrote:
At 12/25/2009 12:50:22 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Plus, it's a quiet and sad atmosphere after what we had to do yesterday :(

Uhhh... everything ok???

Linked you
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 1:44:17 PM
God damn it.... I must have not been given all of the information *sighs heavily* Who issued those rounds for you guys?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 1:59:58 PM
At 12/26/2009 1:44:17 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
God damn it.... I must have not been given all of the information *sighs heavily* Who issued those rounds for you guys?

JBlake for us.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 2:13:16 PM
Ok, I just issued the judges your two rounds. They should hand in results soon. Thanks guys.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 5:58:03 PM
any updates on the results of those R2 debates?
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
rougeagent21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 5:45:01 PM
I guess not...
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country." -Gen. Patton
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2010 6:09:15 PM
JBlake and I have to do our debate, but he's been busy and/or has limited access to a computer. Once that changes, we can do our debate and then I think all of the R2 ones will be completed. Vi's doing homework now, but later on I'll ask her to check and see if any of the people who are finished can go ahead. Originally I had it set up so that this was possible (obviously lol since some people are done).
President of DDO
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2010 2:42:47 AM
So...what exactly is the current situation? Both my opponent's for the first and second debate have forfeited, so I'm starving for my first ToC debate :(