Jump to topic:

Are they gonna fix the votes tab?

nickthengineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 4:11:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The votes tab of a debate always says "This page is being redesigned to show the voter's picture and username." How long does it take to do this? It would be awesome to see who is voting and how. That would help everyone to police vote-bombing and report it. Well I'm new here so I don't know how long they have been trying to update that tab. Does anyone know how close they are to fixing this?
I evolved from stupid. (http://www.debate.org...)
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 4:39:52 PM
At 12/26/2009 4:11:20 PM, nickthengineer wrote:
The votes tab of a debate always says "This page is being redesigned to show the voter's picture and username." How long does it take to do this? It would be awesome to see who is voting and how. That would help everyone to police vote-bombing and report it. Well I'm new here so I don't know how long they have been trying to update that tab. Does anyone know how close they are to fixing this?

That same message has been on there since I've been here. I've been here for a little over eight months, so it's unlikely that it will be completed any time soon.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 5:13:40 PM
It's been saying that for more than 7 months. It was released sometime before this debate, because I was under the impression voting would be public shortly after this debate finished: http://www.debate.org....
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
nickthengineer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 4:16:35 PM
I emailed the webmaster and they had this to say:

Our team is building other websites right now. We'll get back to Debate.org
when we have some time.

Regards,

Webmaster

On the off chance that anyone here is a webmaster for another site and knows how to do this stuff, perhaps you could try to take over the responsibilities of this site temporarily, just long enough to fix the votes tab.
I evolved from stupid. (http://www.debate.org...)
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 7:04:35 PM
At 12/28/2009 4:16:35 PM, nickthengineer wrote:

when we have some time.

Regards,

Webmaster

On the off chance that anyone here is a webmaster for another site and knows how to do this stuff, perhaps you could try to take over the responsibilities of this site temporarily, just long enough to fix the votes tab.

You have much to learn, young padawan.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
rougeagent21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 10:22:08 AM
lol
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country." -Gen. Patton
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2009 11:09:30 AM
At 12/28/2009 4:16:35 PM, nickthengineer wrote:

when we have some time.

Regards,

Webmaster

It doesn't work like that. You can't just edit other people's web pages. WebCorp would have to specifically give you access to edit files on the debate.org server. They would have to trust you a great deal to do that.