Total Posts:48|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO's Most Up-and-Coming New Member

LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 7:41:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Obviously me. Except I started from the top. And I pushed the top even more up. Until I got to Heaven. Then I just kept going up. And here I am.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 8:25:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?

Nobody cares to learn or keep an eye on new people since the average newbie lasts an average of 4 hours before never logging on again.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 8:28:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think... Newbies tend to be annoying. People only care about the ones who aren't.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 9:15:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 8:25:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?

Nobody cares to learn or keep an eye on new people since the average newbie lasts an average of 4 hours before never logging on again.....

There has to be at least a few newbies that are okay...
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 9:16:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 9:15:26 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 8:25:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?

Nobody cares to learn or keep an eye on new people since the average newbie lasts an average of 4 hours before never logging on again.....

There has to be at least a few newbies that are okay...

That's a contradiction in terms dude, to be a noob one must be lame ;)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 9:18:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 9:16:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:15:26 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 8:25:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?

Nobody cares to learn or keep an eye on new people since the average newbie lasts an average of 4 hours before never logging on again.....

There has to be at least a few newbies that are okay...

That's a contradiction in terms dude, to be a noob one must be lame ;)

Who then, was the least lame? That is the question?
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 9:18:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 9:18:06 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:16:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:15:26 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 8:25:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?

Nobody cares to learn or keep an eye on new people since the average newbie lasts an average of 4 hours before never logging on again.....

There has to be at least a few newbies that are okay...

That's a contradiction in terms dude, to be a noob one must be lame ;)

Who then, was the least lame? That is the question?

Yeah, that would probably be me
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 9:24:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 9:18:53 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:18:06 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:16:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:15:26 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 8:25:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?

Nobody cares to learn or keep an eye on new people since the average newbie lasts an average of 4 hours before never logging on again.....

There has to be at least a few newbies that are okay...

That's a contradiction in terms dude, to be a noob one must be lame ;)

Who then, was the least lame? That is the question?

Yeah, that would probably be me

But you're not a noob. Who is the least lame noob?
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
thett3
Posts: 14,371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 9:27:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 9:24:01 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:18:53 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:18:06 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:16:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:15:26 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 8:25:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?

Nobody cares to learn or keep an eye on new people since the average newbie lasts an average of 4 hours before never logging on again.....

There has to be at least a few newbies that are okay...

That's a contradiction in terms dude, to be a noob one must be lame ;)

Who then, was the least lame? That is the question?

Yeah, that would probably be me

But you're not a noob. Who is the least lame noob?

Probably Roylatham or Danielle

Lol but seriously the only new member I've gotten to know somewhat is bsh1 who's a pretty cool cat
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 9:30:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 9:27:18 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:24:01 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:18:53 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:18:06 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:16:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/21/2013 9:15:26 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/21/2013 8:25:59 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/21/2013 6:48:53 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
As a new member, I wonder what you think of up-and-coming newbies (people who have joined in the last 6 months.) Any nominations for "Most Up-and-Coming" new member?

Nobody cares to learn or keep an eye on new people since the average newbie lasts an average of 4 hours before never logging on again.....

There has to be at least a few newbies that are okay...

That's a contradiction in terms dude, to be a noob one must be lame ;)

Who then, was the least lame? That is the question?

Yeah, that would probably be me

But you're not a noob. Who is the least lame noob?

Probably Roylatham or Danielle

Lol but seriously the only new member I've gotten to know somewhat is bsh1 who's a pretty cool cat

So, I guess that's two nominees for most up-and-coming member. Thanks!
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 10:03:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'll nominate kawaii_crazy, b/c she's been active in the polls, beverlee for her posts in the forums, and NiquashMotawadi3 and bladerunner060 for their work in debates. Oh, and skeptikitten for her liberalness.

Anyone else?
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 10:07:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
yay842 should also be considered...
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 11:15:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What the bench said. No one really cares about the noobies since the noobies tend not to stick around for very long.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
anomalous
Posts: 118
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 11:28:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 11:15:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
What the bench said. No one really cares about the noobies since the noobies tend not to stick around for very long.

Your face doesn't stick around for long.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 11:41:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/21/2013 11:28:20 PM, anomalous wrote:
At 10/21/2013 11:15:55 PM, Zaradi wrote:
What the bench said. No one really cares about the noobies since the noobies tend not to stick around for very long.


Your face doesn't stick around for long.

Touche.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
tylergraham95
Posts: 1,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 10:00:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Most up and coming is obviously me. And if you think I won't stick around, think again. I freaking love this site. I've only lost one debate so far and that was to the very respectable Mr. Keller who absolutely vivisected my argument, but the lesson was well learned.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 10:01:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/22/2013 9:21:51 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
By that standard, I'm only one month past noob status.

So... me.

I still count as a noob, apparently.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
MassiveDump
Posts: 3,423
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 11:07:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/22/2013 10:01:47 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 10/22/2013 9:21:51 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
By that standard, I'm only one month past noob status.

So... me.

I still count as a noob, apparently.

GTFO n00B
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 1:36:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Let me go ahead and clarify what is and what isnt a noob since there's a point of confusion here

There are 3 types of noobs: Super noobs, regular noobs, and borderline noobs

Super noobs: Anybody who has been a part of this site for less than a month. Tend to stick almost entirely to either debates or posting in the forums, almost always uses one of the default available avatars rather then a customized one, knows nothing about DDO from who owns the site to what the Weekly Stupid is to how DDO presidential elections work, no knowledge of famous past members etc. Once in a while you have the idiot noobs who try to reform the site or propose huge changes to it even though theyve literally been here for less than a week, these trolls tend to be the most annoying and nobody ever grows to like them.

Super noobs are very easy to spot and have a life expectancy of less than a month, not even half of them dont even make it past the first three days

Regular noobs: These types of noobs are only just barely ahead of Super noobs. They've been here for 1-3 months and managed to not grow bored of the site and never log on again within the first few weeks. Those who make it 1-3 months have a life expectancy of about another 1-3 months, plus they still are very unfamiliar with past events of DDO and how it works, etc....... Only difference between regular noobs and super noobs is that theyve managed to stick around for a bit and have had a fair amount of conversation in debates or forums, sometimes both.

Lastly there are the Borderline noobs: People who have been here for 3-6 months and are just about ready to be classified as normal people around here since the average time it takes for someone to become pretty well-known around here is about 6 months. These guys know a LOT more about DDO, its history, and trends on it then any other type of noob, and they literally only have to stay relatively active on here for another month or so to not be considered noobs anymore and in fact be considered and respected as fully integrated members of DDO. They also tend to know who everyone around here is, what their views are, what theyve done in the past, etc..... Most importantly though they know what NOT TO DO around here and what tends to piss off respected members..... Proposing a 'Most-up-and-coming-new-member' thread when youve literally only been here a day is classified as something that can annoy other members around here and is something that puts someone squarely in the 'super-troll' category.

====================================================================

That being said, its impossible for there to be a competition to elect a best up-and-coming member since those who WOULD be picked as the best future member tends to not even be considered 'new' anymore......
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 1:49:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/22/2013 1:36:14 PM, imabench wrote:
Most importantly though they know what NOT TO DO around here and what tends to piss off respected members..... Proposing a 'Most-up-and-coming-new-member' thread when youve literally only been here a day is classified as something that can annoy other members around here

PREACH IT.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TheAntidoter
Posts: 4,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 1:51:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/22/2013 1:49:47 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 10/22/2013 1:36:14 PM, imabench wrote:
Most importantly though they know what NOT TO DO around here and what tends to piss off respected members..... Proposing a 'Most-up-and-coming-new-member' thread when youve literally only been here a day is classified as something that can annoy other members around here

PREACH IT.

HEAR, HEAR.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 5:37:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/22/2013 1:36:14 PM, imabench wrote:
Let me go ahead and clarify what is and what isnt a noob since there's a point of confusion here

There are 3 types of noobs: Super noobs, regular noobs, and borderline noobs

Super noobs: Anybody who has been a part of this site for less than a month. Tend to stick almost entirely to either debates or posting in the forums, almost always uses one of the default available avatars rather then a customized one, knows nothing about DDO from who owns the site to what the Weekly Stupid is to how DDO presidential elections work, no knowledge of famous past members etc. Once in a while you have the idiot noobs who try to reform the site or propose huge changes to it even though theyve literally been here for less than a week, these trolls tend to be the most annoying and nobody ever grows to like them.

Super noobs are very easy to spot and have a life expectancy of less than a month, not even half of them dont even make it past the first three days

Regular noobs: These types of noobs are only just barely ahead of Super noobs. They've been here for 1-3 months and managed to not grow bored of the site and never log on again within the first few weeks. Those who make it 1-3 months have a life expectancy of about another 1-3 months, plus they still are very unfamiliar with past events of DDO and how it works, etc....... Only difference between regular noobs and super noobs is that theyve managed to stick around for a bit and have had a fair amount of conversation in debates or forums, sometimes both.

Lastly there are the Borderline noobs: People who have been here for 3-6 months and are just about ready to be classified as normal people around here since the average time it takes for someone to become pretty well-known around here is about 6 months. These guys know a LOT more about DDO, its history, and trends on it then any other type of noob, and they literally only have to stay relatively active on here for another month or so to not be considered noobs anymore and in fact be considered and respected as fully integrated members of DDO. They also tend to know who everyone around here is, what their views are, what theyve done in the past, etc..... Most importantly though they know what NOT TO DO around here and what tends to piss off respected members..... Proposing a 'Most-up-and-coming-new-member' thread when youve literally only been here a day is classified as something that can annoy other members around here and is something that puts someone squarely in the 'super-troll' category.

====================================================================

That being said, its impossible for there to be a competition to elect a best up-and-coming member since those who WOULD be picked as the best future member tends to not even be considered 'new' anymore......

You seem like hardly the type to criticize me for being annoying...But, I'll try not be overly obnoxious in future.
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 6:02:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/22/2013 5:37:48 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:

You seem like hardly the type to criticize me for being annoying...But, I'll try not be overly obnoxious in future.

Heres a tip: Making a poll asking the same question even after I told you why its a stupid idea is literally the opposite of what you want to do to not come off as overly obnoxious.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
LtCmdrData
Posts: 46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 6:37:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/22/2013 6:02:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/22/2013 5:37:48 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:

You seem like hardly the type to criticize me for being annoying...But, I'll try not be overly obnoxious in future.

Heres a tip: Making a poll asking the same question even after I told you why its a stupid idea is literally the opposite of what you want to do to not come off as overly obnoxious.....

Imabench, of all people, how could you miss the sarcasm in my last post. Disappointing...
Lt. Cmdr. Data

"I didn't ask him, but I doubt he would have sponsored lethal injection either. But I'll shoot him an e-mail since you suggested it." - Airmax http://www.debate.org...

"There is coffee in that nebula." Capt. Kathryn Janeway, FS Voyager
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 7:49:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/22/2013 6:37:49 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:
At 10/22/2013 6:02:04 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/22/2013 5:37:48 PM, LtCmdrData wrote:

You seem like hardly the type to criticize me for being annoying...But, I'll try not be overly obnoxious in future.

Heres a tip: Making a poll asking the same question even after I told you why its a stupid idea is literally the opposite of what you want to do to not come off as overly obnoxious.....

Imabench, of all people, how could you miss the sarcasm in my last post. Disappointing...

thats not sarcasm......
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015