Two Years

ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 6:41:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
My one year birthday came up a bit ago.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:18:00 PM
9/3/2008 word
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:48:38 PM
You're a newbie compared to a lot of us PoeJoe :) I think I joined a year or so before you.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:52:07 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:48:38 PM, Kleptin wrote:
You're a newbie compared to a lot of us PoeJoe :) I think I joined a year or so before you.

What was your previous account?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:00:40 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:52:07 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I don't believe I had one. But between the confusion of DDC --> DDCII --> DDO, I lost track. All I know is that I don't remember seeing PoeJoe while I was racking up my debates...Either the "date joined" thing is faulty, or PoeJoe went on hiatus while I was doing 2-3 debates a day XD

I joined a week or so after Logical-Master did. This is the only thing I remember. If PoeJoe was around for Logical-Master's rise in the ranks, then he may very well be the oldest "debater" still around!
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:02:11 PM
I remember the good old days when Yraelz was numba one.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:05:47 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:31:24 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 12/28/2009 9:18:00 PM, johngriswald wrote:
9/3/2008 word

Ha! You were scissors!

No I'm johngriswald.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:07:01 PM
9/3/2008 word

Ha! You were scissors!

Haha no sh*t. That's been quite heavily established by now.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:08:57 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:02:11 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

I remember Yraelz and Logical-Master clashing quite often, but I don't recall Yraelz being #1 for any long period of time...

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:11:07 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:07:01 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
9/3/2008 word

Ha! You were scissors!

Haha no sh*t. That's been quite heavily established by now.

I know. I love how I always bring it up. he never directly answers me. My dream on this site has come true.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:17:46 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:00:40 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 12/28/2009 9:52:07 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I don't believe I had one. But between the confusion of DDC --> DDCII --> DDO, I lost track. All I know is that I don't remember seeing PoeJoe while I was racking up my debates...Either the "date joined" thing is faulty, or PoeJoe went on hiatus while I was doing 2-3 debates a day XD
Or you just didn't notice him.

I joined a week or so after Logical-Master did. This is the only thing I remember. If PoeJoe was around for Logical-Master's rise in the ranks, then he may very well be the oldest "debater" still around!
I've been around longer than Poejoe, LM,Yraelz, or you. But Harlan has me beat.

If the start date of the first debate is any guide, Poejoe has you and LM beat by a month. And I've beat him by a month. And Harlan has me by another.
However, I don't believe Poejoe was very active until after you were. I remember that when I joined there weren't many "established" "prominent" users. Harlan was near the top of a very slow list. Then, a sudden wave of activity, with the Sophist Trio of you, LM, and Yraelz, appeared to me to be pretty prominent (My own rank is not for me to evaluate). Then, a second wave of activity, with Poejoe finally blooming after having joined earlier, along with John and Rezz. Both trios interacted with one another very frequently from my perspective :).

So, you've been a "prominent member" longer than Poejoe, but he still joined first.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:24:42 PM
lol@ "Sophist Trio" XD

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:46:13 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:17:46 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 12/28/2009 10:00:40 PM, Kleptin wrote:
Or you just didn't notice him.

I found DDC via a Facebook ad, and posted two debates soon after. Looking back, I used to be an @sshole, and it's embarrassing how little I knew and how poorly I wrote.

In any case, I posted a couple more debates and increasingly grew disatisfied with the site. From there on out, I mainly reserved myself to reading, voting, and occasionally posting a comment when I felt it necessary. I wasn't too big on being a member of the community. Mainly I was interested in learning. I wasn't really known. So that's probably why you didn't see much of me then. But this was all before...

I've been around longer than Poejoe, LM,Yraelz, or you. But Harlan has me beat.

If the start date of the first debate is any guide, Poejoe has you and LM beat by a month. And I've beat him by a month. And Harlan has me by another.
However, I don't believe Poejoe was very active until after you were. I remember that when I joined there weren't many "established" "prominent" users. Harlan was near the top of a very slow list. Then, a sudden wave of activity, with the Sophist Trio of you, LM, and Yraelz, appeared to me to be pretty prominent (My own rank is not for me to evaluate). Then, a second wave of activity, with Poejoe finally blooming after having joined earlier, along with John and Rezz. Both trios interacted with one another very frequently from my perspective :).

So, you've been a "prominent member" longer than Poejoe, but he still joined first.

This was all before I began chilling with s0m31john and Rezzealaux. I think the Sophist Trio were getting a little tired of the site,* and as such, their activity died down a little. We three became quite close, at least in my opinion, and in a lot of ways, we sort of became the new wave of active members. The new three.

In a lot of ways, I miss our closeness.: John, Rezz, and me. *sigh*

----
* Remember, folks, this was back when DDO was DDC, and when the site had very few features. You couldn't even post on people's profile. All you could really do was debate, and create your own profile. Even then, the choices were limited, with less flexibility on your profile. And community interaction was completely done though comment sections of debates. Seriously.

This also brings up another point. Phil delayed the release of v3.0 the site (the current version) by six months...SIX MONTHS of us just waiting around and getting around. Remember this: Phil does take his time, but he always gets around to it. We should be patient, and most of all, appreciative of his efforts.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 11:22:12 PM
and how poorly I wrote.

Lol, you ain't kiddin'!

http://www.debate.org...

The word "idea" appears 7 times in the first 6 sentences. :D
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 11:28:10 PM
At 12/28/2009 11:22:12 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
and how poorly I wrote.

Lol, you ain't kiddin'!

The word "idea" appears 7 times in the first 6 sentences. :D

Yeah i started 4 months ago and sounded like shiz.

I still sound like shiz, but better shiz.

I could only imagine what 2 years would do.

The worst for me was in the forums.
I was terrible.
I still am.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 3:01:48 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:02:11 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Yraelz was never number 1. There were no rankings. Yraelz and L-M were just butt buddies because they always had anime avatars and thought that made them cool (along with beem0r).
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 3:03:27 PM

No way. DDO was founded in like November 2007 and PoeJoe joined in December. The profiles list how long each person has been a member -- His says 2 years and yours says 1 year, so clearly he's been here longer lol. I do remember him a little bit, though there weren't that many people here back then. I did my first debate on 1/24/08 so I'll be hitting my 2 year mark in 20 days tops :) I don't remember YOU, actually...
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 3:10:12 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:17:46 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Not a lot of people were "active" because there were no forums. Interaction pretty much consisted of commenting on people's debates and talking about anime. I remember a distinct trifecta off a-ss kissing and bonding mostly over anime between LM, Yraelz and beem0r. They thought they were hot sh-t and many people bought into it (I never did lol). I remember LM and I debating the most often, and before there were the current j-offs of today we had the annoying Geekis Khan (rememer him?). Harlan was active and so was Johnicle; he even began that huge tournament. I don't remember a lot of others names being especially active though except RR and PJ. Also DucoNhilum or something like that... but again, there was a wave of super activity after the forums (which established "regulars"). I remember seeing Vi debate too because I thought she was hot lol obviously.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 3:12:56 PM
And Solarman! Was he that weird old guy with the picture of him shirtless holding the fish? That was weird.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2010 6:43:18 PM
At 1/2/2010 3:03:27 PM, theLwerd wrote:

No way. DDO was founded in like November 2007
The first debate started October 15: